Devkund Waterfall Trek from Pune
Visiting hidden paradises is a luxury that is best reserved for days when it often feels like the world is getting out of sync with you. The Devkund Waterfall, located near Bhira Dam in Maharashtra, India, is one place you can visit to rejuvenate yourself this rainy season and winter, or any other time of the year. The Devkund waterfall location is about 120 km away from Pune. Bhira waterfalls are accessible by hiking recommended during the Rainy season and winter months because it gets scorching and humid closed for the summer months. Devkund waterfalls Pune needs to be accessed only if adequate rainfall and dry up during summers.
Due to sec 144, Devkund Waterfall Trek is closed
Mumbai participants please click here for Mumbai batches
Details of Devkund Waterfall Trek from Pune
- The Devkund trek from Pune distance is 110 km
- The Devkund Waterfall starting point height is 72 feet above sea level
- Devkund Waterfall Trek route highest point 535 feet
- As per GPS Devkund Waterfall Height 800 feet above sea level
- Trek route time required is 2.5 hours
- Devkund Waterfall Trek Route Jungle Natural trail
- Devkund Trek Difficulty Medium level trek
- Trek Devkund Endurance needed Medium
- Devkund Trek Length is 3 km from the parking area
- Devkund Trek Location is Patnus village, Mangaon, Raigad district, Pune, Maharashtra 402308
- The best time for Devkund Waterfall Trek is from June to January
- Devkund Waterfall Mangaon distance from Mumbai is 140 km
- Devkund Waterfall distance from Lonavala is 85 km
- Devkund waterfall distance from Aurangabad is 337 km
- Toilets are available at the Homestay
Cost for Devkund WaterfallTrek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 899/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1399/- per person
Devkund Waterfall Trek Itinerary
- 11:45 pm - Meet at McDonald's, Deccan.
- 12:00 am - Move towards Devkund.
- 12:20 am - Pick up at Chandani chowk.
- 12:35 am - Pick up at Wakad bridge / Rajyog hotel.
- 12:40 am - Pick up at Hinjewadi chowk.
- 12:50 am - Pick up at Pirangut chow, Hinjewadi phase 3.
04:30 am - Reach Bhira base village parking and rest in the Bus.
06:00 am - Breakfast and Washroom
07:00 am - Start trek towards Devkund waterfall
09:30 am - Reach the Dekund waterfall Bhira and enjoy some time there.
11:30 am - Start return trek towards base village.
02:00 pm - Reach base village and Lunch & Changing at Homestay.
03:00 pm - Start return journey to Pune to Devkund waterfall is approx. 110 km.
08:00 pm - Approx. Arrival at Pune
Please note: Trekkers don't require previous trekking experience for the Bhira Devkund waterfall trek.
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune travel by non-AC private vehicle
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Forest entry charges
Professional trek leaders
- Treks and Trails India Expertise Charge
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield (must)
- Sanitizer (must)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Proper trekking gear
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Things to do on the Devkund Waterfall Trek
Devkund Waterfall Trek Pune is situated in the lush green environs of the Sahyadri range. We offer all-inclusive packages, discounts, trek guides, and much more.
- Bhira Dam is the starting point; the Kundailaka River is famous for Kolad River Rafting and Kolad Bungee jumping. There are many beautiful camping sites and resorts on the river.
- Day watersports packages are available at Kolad, including river rafting, boating, kayaking, swimming, and speed boat rides.
- Devkund Waterfall Trek is perfect for corporates who are looking for an easy trek with a resort stay.
- Devkund camping and waterfall trek is open after the rainy season, ideal for campers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- There are many fantastic treks in the nearby mountains from Plus valley trek, Khajina waterfall trek, Andharban Jungle trek, Garudmachi trek.
- Devkund is ideal for bird watching and spotting wildlife if you start your trek very early in the morning.
- If you want to introduce the countryside to your kids, the Devkund Bhira region is perfect; you can experience country life and fantastic food with many inviting homestays. Learn about their customs, history, work ethics, and lifestyle.
- The trek route is ideal for vloggers, writers, photographers, bird photographers, night photographers, video content makers as there are ample opportunities to make content go viral.
- If you are into Forts, there are many range treks available here, from Korigad to Sudhagad, Sarasgad to Sudhagad, and more. Few famous treks are available nearby within 50 kilometers.
Places to visit after the Devkund Waterfall Bhira Location
The best trekking destination in Maharashtra is Devkund Waterfall Pune. Tourists can enjoy the breathtaking view of the Sahyadri range, Tamhini ghat, and Kolad. We operate weekend group treks, private, corporate, and expedition tours in the Raigad district. Best places to visit after the Devkund Waterfall Bhira Dam.
- Hirdi Plateau
- Tata Power Dam at Patnus Bhira
- Andharban Jungle Trek
- Kolad River Rafting
- Khajina Waterfall
- Tamhini Ghat Waterfalls
- Sarasgad Fort
- Sudhagad Fort
- Pali Ganpati Mandir
- Mrugagad trek
- Unhere Kund Pali or Hot springs Pali
- Secret Waterfall Trek
Frequently asked questions for Devkund Waterfall Trek Pune
1. How far is Devkund Waterfall from Pune?
Devkund Waterfall Bhira Dam has located 110 km from Pune. It takes around four hours to reach the Devkund Bhira Waterfall Parking from Pune. We will use the Tamhini ghat route to get Patnus village for this trek. Devkund waterfall trek distance is three kilometers one way it will take two hours to hike the distance from the trailhead. Devkund waterfall depth is 60 feet at the deepest end.
2. Can you recommend some famous waterfalls around Pune?
Are you looking for a place where you can escape the bustling city? The Devkund Waterfall trek in Raigad, Maharashtra, beckons to you. The Bhira waterfall is home to dense forests and hidden treasures in its waterfall scenery nestled in the Western Ghats. Many other equally enticing treks to choose from, whether the rainforests at Kataldhar, Lonavala or Kalu Waterfall, Malshej ghat, or Randha Waterfall, Bhandardara overlooks Rajur. Why not try them all?
3. How to reach Devkund Waterfall from Pune if I book with my transport option?
The waterfall is around 110 km from Pune city. We will give you the map location to the meeting point at Devkund waterfall trek parking place. It takes four hours to reach the trailhead from Pune. During monsoon, the road is in bad condition in the Tamhini ghat region. Would you mind loading the map coordinates before you start the car journey?
4. Do you conduct Devkund waterfall rappelling from Pune?
Yes, we conduct the Devkund waterfall rappelling after the rainy season is over. There are two rappelling required first is 130 feet, and the second is 250 feet from the waterfall mouth. Devkund waterfall depth is 60 feet at the deepest end.
5. Devkund waterfall camping and trek from Pune?
Devkund Waterfall Camping is available on the Kundalika River before the Patnus village. In the morning, campers can start the hike to Devkund Waterfall Pune. Camping is not allowed near the waterfall, and it is a sacred destination for the locals.
6. What is the difficulty level of Devkund Waterfall Trek?
Take a trip to Devkund Waterfall Pune, located on the Western Ghats of India. The hike falls into the easy to a medium category, and it takes three hours to complete this trek. It would be best if you had an average endurance level to complete this trek. Beginner and Expert trekkers can both enjoy the day hike.
The main Devkund Waterfalls lies in a rich woodland near Kolad. It is a great day trek, filled with dense greenery and Andharban mountain ranges filled with ravines and woods. This route back to nature has been praised by many as a fantastic getaway from city living. If you are looking for the best waterfall near me in Pune, your search stops here.
7. Devkund waterfall news, whether it is open or close?
Devkund waterfall trip make a getaway from the city both literally and symbolically? Embark on one of the most popular day trips in Maharashtra, the Devkund Waterfalls Pune! The waterfall is regularly banned from controlling large crowds who visit it. Devkund waterfall news keeps changing each weekend, and we get this question every week whether it is open or closed.
8. Can I come to the event to make a Devkund waterfall vlog?
Yes, we get many vloggers, bloggers, and photographers who come to document the Devkund waterfall vlog. You can also check our media bar for our video about the trek. Devkund waterfall trek distance is three kilometers one way from the trailhead.
9. What is your Devkund waterfall contact number?
Devkund waterfall Maharashtra is famous for its splendid landscape featuring miles and miles of valleys and forests. You can go exploring with your loved ones or on a solo outing. There are several things to do along the way which would add to the fun while you discover new heights! Kindly contact us on 8828004848 for Devkund Waterfall packages.
10. What is the Devkund waterfall's best time?
Want to escape urban city life and return to nature? Take a trip to Devkund Waterfall in Maharashtra. The Devkund waterfall best time is from June to January. During the rainy season, you can see the waterfall in full glory. Post monsoon, the waterfall flow reduces, and the whole area becomes golden and serene.
11. What is the total Devkund trek duration?
On the routes to the mountains, there are many trails. It would help if you had comfortable trekking shoes so you could enjoy the hike. The total Devkund trek duration is 8 hours. It will be a wonderful experience for trekking so don't miss it. Trek with your friends and family members for beautiful memories!
Our gallery has images from the rainy season to the winter season covering all Devkund waterfall images. Our Devkund place trek group size ranges from 20 to 40 people.
12. Which are the most popular trekking spot from Pune?
Trekking is a physically and mentally demanding activity. It requires a lot of planning and preparation before you can venture into the unknown. You need to ensure that you have chosen the right trekking spot that will test your physical prowess and allow you to enjoy the surroundings and take in the sights and sounds of nature. The most popular trekking spot from Pune is listed below.
- Sinhagad Fort Trek
- Devkund Waterfall Trek
- Harishchandragad Trek
- Andharban Jungle Trek
- Rajgad Fort Trek
- Torna Fort Trek
- Lingana Fort Climb
- Vasota Fort Trek
- Kalsubai Peak Trek
- Raigad Fort Trek
13. Is the Devkund trek safe?
If you plan to travel to the waterfall soon, you must consider your safety. The villagers have tried to make the trek route safe by creating markers, employing guides at the river crossing, forest guides at the main Devkund waterfall pond. Tourists, Hikers also need to manage their safety by following the rules and instructions of the locals, trek leaders, and safety professionals present during the trek and near the waterfall.
14. Do you offer a customised Devkund waterfall trekking package?
Would you mind chatting with us for a customised trekking package for large groups, corporates, families? Maharashtra is a popular trekking spot in India; it offers a fantastic experience for trekkers. The trekkers walk from one place to another place with amazing views of the mountains. Trekking in Maharashtra is no less than an adventure.
15. Why Devkund waterfall Pune Maharashtra is the most popular trek?
Trekking in Pune is a passion for some, while others look for weekend getaways or holidays that are more exciting. Waterfalls are the best option for trekking in Pune, particularly if you want a relaxing getaway. Waterfalls are popular vacation spots because of their calm and serene surroundings. Devkund trek distance is 110 km from Pune, making it a convenient day trek from the city. The destination offers a beautiful road trip, beautiful tour, homestay, local food, and other nearby activities.