Andharban Trek, Jungle Trek - Monsoon Trek From Mumbai
Andharban Trek, by its name, means a dark, dense forest. It is a gradual descend trek, where you are already on height, and you will descend till the end. It is one of the most beautiful treks in Maharashtra and has lots of things to explore. We will be walking on a ridge offering a fantastic view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam, Devkund Waterfall, and the mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat. Evergreen forest covers you with shade in the first half of the trek for 6 to 8 kilometers. The Trek to Andharban further descends in Konkan to reach Bhira village around 4 kilometers. The same valley is the origin of the Kundalika river, famous for its white water Kolad river rafting.
The Andharban trek itinerary is designed considering forest department rules and local population rules. We intend to enjoy the monsoon at one of the wettest places in Maharashtra. Following Trek Leader instruction is compulsory as the weather is most unpredictable at the Andharban forest trail. Wearing proper gear is mandatory for the Andarban jungle trek. It will help you enjoy the Andarban Trail as you can focus on the natural beauty around you.
We offer an Andharban jungle trek from Mumbai; your journey will start from Borivali to Pimpri to Borivali. This will include your forest permits, bus travel, breakfast, lunch, and experienced Andharban trek guides. Andharban trek best time to visit will be during the rainy season to enjoy the waterfalls along the trail.
Andharban Jungle means dark dense forest in Marathi; during the rainy season, this forest comes alive with rivers, streams, waterfalls, and Fog. Andharban Forest is the most famous rainy season trek from Pune. Its proximity to the city offers a respite from the harsh summer season. One of the fantastic treks and trails in the western ghats is located in the famous Tamhini ghat. Famous for many treks like Plus Valley, Devkund Waterfall, Bedsegaon Waterfall, Secret waterfall trek, Kolad river rafting, Milky Bar Waterfall, and the Kundalika Valley viewpoint.
Andharban Forest is located near Pimpri village, Maharashtra. It is around 75 kilometers from Pune. Ideal beginners' trek from Pune offers a beautiful jungle filled with wildlife, waterfalls, and views of the Bhira Dam.
The trail can be dangerous, too, if you venture without an Andharban trek guide, as the fog cover makes it difficult to navigate, and unpredictable weather can create flash floods around the waterfall crossing.
Trekking here requires permission from the Forest department. You will be surrounded by the howling sound of winds morning songs of the birds, and you can spot many orchid flowers, mushrooms, and Karvi flowers once in seven years; the fallen leaves from the lush foliage cover the trail—one of the most untouched forests where you can go for trekking from Pune. Andharban Dark Forest Trek has a unique route that doesn't get crowded on weekends and is popular with trekkers of Maharashtra.
The rainy season is the best time for Andharban Trek, and we will hike through the marked trail covered in verdant woodland and overflowing waterfalls. After reaching the trailhead, we conduct a quick introduction round and dos and don'ts for the jungle trail. Once we begin the hike, we will cross a few plateaus with amazing views of tall mountains on the right-hand side and a valley on the left. Soon we will enter the thick forest. Now you will be crossing many small streams and waterfall crossings.
On heavy rainfall days crossing these streams can become impossible. Following trek guide instructions is essential to maintain your safety. While trekking, you can now spot the Tamhini Ghat highway, Kundalika Valley, Plus Valley, Bhira Dam, and many waterfalls. You will get a mobile network to live with your friends and family. Carry a light backpack for this tracking with an excellent mobile cover to enjoy the hiking path and keep your gadget safe. You can spot many beautiful birds, such as Kingfishers, Asian paradise flycatchers, Falcons, Minivets, and Malabar whistling thrush.
You can spot many hunting traps laid out by the locals living inside the forest who occasionally hunt for wild boars, porcupines, and monitor lizards. The forest is covered with many wildflowers like Karvi, Sonki, Jambhali Chirayat, Konkan Pind, Nisurdi, Nilima, Piwala Terada, Kandil Kharchudi, Halunda, and many more.
We will relax and get refreshed at the various waterfalls along the trail. We will have a good time here, make many happy memories and enjoy the beautiful weather. Monsoon treks near Pune are famous for their waterfalls. The trails get covered in Fog and clouds regularly, reducing the visibility levels. Trekkers are instructed to inform the Andharban trek leader before moving ahead or exiting the track. Staying in sight is best for your safety, as getting lost in the forest is a real possibility.
The unique thing about the Andharban trek is that the trekking route is mostly a gradual descent or climb. It doesn't involve challenging ascents. The Andharban trek start point is 2100 feet, and the trail is well marked. Wearing good trekking shoes is compulsory on this trek as they offer excellent grip on rocky trails and river crossings. You can invest in Campus trekking shoes or CTR trekking shoes, which cost Rs 1200 and will last two years.
After reaching the Hirdi Plateau, we will take a small break for refreshment and begin our trek back to Andharban Trek starting point at Pimpri village. We will enjoy the same views on our return trek, around six kilometers. We will cross the three large waterfalls and enjoy the beautiful microclimate of the woodland.
On reaching the base village, we will change into dry clothes, enjoy our home-cooked lunch and begin our return journey to Pune. Andharban trek from Pune is one of the hidden gems of Maharashtra. It has become less popular now, and you can enjoy crowd-free trekking near Pune here.
The best time to visit Andharban Trek Pune is in the monsoon or rainy season, as the trail becomes alive with waterfalls, clouds, wildlife, and various streams. There are no waterfalls on the track during the winter season, and it gets hot and humid after the monsoon for trekking. Night trekking here will be challenging as the forest is filled with wildlife, and forest permissions will not be issued. Visiting the trek in summer will be challenging as the region is known for high temperatures in Maharashtra.
For Andharban Trek Pune plans kindly click here
Trek to Andharban from Mumbai Monsoon Details
- Trek Andharban altitude 2160 feet above sea level
- Andharban Trek Distance is 13 Km
- Andharban Trek duration is it roughly takes 3 hours one way.
- Andarbhan Trek route is dense forests with mesmerising waterfalls
- Andhraban Trek range is Mulshi, Tamhini Ghat, Pune
- Andharbhan Trek type is valley and jungle descend the trail
- Andarban jungle trek difficulty Grade is Medium, ideal for beginners.
- Andharban dark forest trek's Base village is Pimpri at Tamhini Ghat.
- Andharban Trek distance from Pune is 70 kilometers
- Andharban Trek's distance from Lonavala is 48 kilometers
- Andharban Trek distance from Mumbai is 133 kilometers
- Upcoming Andharban Trek is available all Friday Saturday or Saturday Sunday during the rainy season.
- Andharban trek booking cost is Rs. 1699 per person
Receive a trekking E-certificate on completion of the Andharban Trek
Andharban Trek Upcoming Batches
September: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
October: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
Andharban Trek 2023 Itinerary
Day Zero - Andharban Trek start point begins Mumbai to Andharban Bus journey
- 09:45 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate. https://goo.gl/maps/65qVB7H4swdFjjWs6)
- 10:00 pm - Leave for the trek.
- 10:10 pm – Pick up at Virwani Bus Stop, Goregaon. (https://goo.gl/maps/youofNYahBSwqsms8)
- 10:30 pm - Pick up at Gundavali Bus Stop, Andheri East. (https://goo.gl/maps/gorbeX9fencdiqfh8)
- 10:45 pm - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop, Bandra. (https://goo.gl/maps/CAsqYFeK8aTRBk9B7)
- 11:00 pm - Pick up at Sion station circle. (https://goo.gl/maps/96zHLvMh8k2X2bWU9)
- 11:15 pm - Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur. (https://goo.gl/maps/y2rbSdA3VyMhoudC7)
- 11:45 pm - Pick up at Vashi Plaza. (https://goo.gl/maps/uY6ZEs9hyiviHfKQ9)
- 12:05 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli. (https://goo.gl/maps/EJksuJiNC8uVFaoM7)
Day One - Andharban Trek Route
Reach Pimpri village and rest on the bus.
- 06:00 am Freshen up and have breakfast at the local villager's house
- 07:00 am Starts trek towards Andharban Jungle Trek.
- 11:30 am Reach at the half point. Along the way, we will spend time at the many waterfalls and take in the beautiful sights of the hiking route.
- 12:00 pm Starts return trek towards Pimpri Dam.
- 01:30 pm Have Lunch after completing the Andharban monsoon trek
- 02:30 pm - Reach a Local villager's house; here, we can use the washrooms and change into fresh clothes.
- 03:30 pm - Departure to Mumbai after Andharban jungle trail
- 10:30 pm - Approx. Arrival in Mumbai.
How to book?
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your departure date and click on pay and book button.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out your personal details and proceed with reviews & payment.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive confirmation via email. (Please provide valid email id)
- A WhatsApp group link will be sent to your WhatsApp number 8 hours prior to the departure. (Please provide WhatsApp number while booking)
- Event Details and Trek Leaders details will be shared on that WhatsApp group only.
Andharban Trek Package Highlights
- Andarbhan Trek is known by various names such as Dark Forest Trek, Andarbhan Forest Trek, and is open during the monsoon season for a limited period.
- The trek covers a distance of approximately 14 kilometers and takes around 10 hours to complete. It involves crossing three major waterfalls and navigating through a dense and slippery forest.
- The trail is moderately challenging, requiring good endurance and fitness level. It is advisable to wear proper trekking shoes and clothing to protect against the natural elements.
- While there are no age restrictions, children below 16 are only allowed with a parent.
- The Andharban trek offers stunning natural landscapes, misty weather, and beautiful waterfalls. It is a great opportunity to explore the untouched wilderness of Maharashtra.
- Toilet facilities are limited, with availability only at the start and end points of the trek. Trekkers are advised to carry necessary hygiene supplies.
How to reach Andharban trek from Mumbai Our itinerary includes bus transport with central pickup and drops. Andharban jungle trek Pune Learn more
Best time to visit the Andharban trek:
Andharban trek gets banned during peak monsoon season as it is the breeding period for animals in the forest. The three waterfall crossings become impossible to cross on a rainy day. The trek is open from June to September. Andharban trek permission, issued in limited numbers by the forest department, is compulsory to enter the forest. Post-monsoon Andharban Night treks are available. Andharban and Devkund waterfalls attract the highest numbers of Mumbai trekkers. Route Andharban trek is filled with waterfalls, streams, fog, and beautiful verdant forest.
Why should you choose Treks and Trails for Andharban Jungle Trek?
- Eight years of knowledge in managing Andharban Jungle Trek with all safety SOP.
- We were preferred by over 20000 trekkers last year with a 4.7 review rating of 5.
- We equip one trek leader for every ten trekkers.
- Female trek leader on each trek
- Provide an E-certificate on successful completion of the trek. Valid for a lifetime with 99.9 percent availability online.
- E-certificate is tamper-proof and shareable on social media and leading networking websites.
- The roadmap includes adventure insurance for every trekker and trek leader for all our treks.
- We self-operate our treks
- Group discounts available
- The most popular trekking group in Mumbai and Pune.
Andharban trek safety advisory for upcoming treks
- Please wear proper trekking shoes; the trek to the Andharban forest route is extremely slippery.
- We will return to the start point of the Trek to Andharban near the Pimpri dam. We will not descend towards the Bhira dam.
- Roads leading to the trailhead are in bad condition expect delays
- In case of bus breakdown, we will arrange for replacement of bus it will take 6 to 8 hours to reach till the spot.
- If you wrongly booked for a different date or batch. If you want to change the date within 3 days of departure, then transfer charges will be applied which will be Rs. 200/- per person.
- For Andharban trek details kindly chat with us.
Trekkers from Pune, please click here for the upcoming Pune Andharban Trek.
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private AC vehicle
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch (Pithal Bhakari)
- Forest entry charges
- Treks and Trails India charges.
- Andharban jungle trek guide
- Digital E-certificate valid for life time.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Entry fee for foreign nationals
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield (must)
- Sanitizer (must)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Cancellation Policy and Charges
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
- Due to bad weather, floods, sudden changes in government rules, and overcrowding at the destination trek, the organizer has the right to change the trekking destination.
- During the trek , due to any circumstances seen or unseen trek leader has the right to cancel the trek for safety reason. No refund shall be issued.
Monsoon Precaution and Safety
- Kindly carry dry bag or plastic bags for dry clothes, wallet, money, camera, phone, gadgets
- Bag or Backpack with rain cover
- Wear Good Trekking shoes with good grip ( campus trekking shoes )
- Use Odmos or other repellents to keep bugs and mosquitoes away
- Wear only full sleeves / cap / full pants / dark coloured clothes
- Keep handy information on nearest railway station/bus stop/taxi stand
- Listen to Trek leader and always stay in the group
- Inform Family / Friends about where about
- Avoid taking selfies near risky places
- listening to music on earphones or speakers.
TREKS AND TRAILS EVENTS RULES
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from Treks and Trails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from Treks and Trails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a Adharban trek or Adharban hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from Treks and Trails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Andharban Trek 2023 | Andharban Trek From Mumbai & Pune
Get lost in the dark, dense Jungle of Andharban, Treks and Trails India organize monsoon treks including transportation from Mumbai & Pune, meals, and expert trek leaders with Andharban forest permits. Andharban location Everything You Need To Know About Andharban Trek Pune.
If you are planning on undertaking the Andharban Forest Pune Trek, here is all you need to know to have a great trip. Read our ultimate guide on the Andharban jungle trek from Mumbai. Located in the Sahyadris, the Andharban trek offers pristine forest trails and an outstanding view. Andharban trek route map with GPS is available online though once you enter the forest the trail conditions, fogs, overflowing streams, Risky waterfall crossing, and trek route diversions make it difficult to navigate trekkers should always take help from a local guide or join experienced trek companies for this event.
The trek through Andharban Jungle is one of the most refreshing treks in the Sahyadri region. Andharban Trek must do jungle trek near Mumbai, and Pune in the monsoon. Just Walk in the middle of Andharban dark jungle, find routes, cross ghats, take the view of valleys, play in the waterfall, cross streams, and walk in the clouds. Maharashtra State butterfly Papilio polymnestor, the blue Mormon, is a large swallowtail butterfly seen during the trek.
Andharban trekking is a long walk through streams, waterfalls, and dense woods crossing several cascades. Caution and a local guide are a must!. Andharban near Pune is a part of the Sahyadri range that connects Tamhini Ghat to the Konkan region. Andharban trek organized by Treks and Trails India brings you the magnificent nature path of Dark Forest which is near Mumbai and Pune. The Andharban trek video is available in the gallery.
Andharban is one of the most popular treks in the rainy season. Enjoy this Adventurous Andharban Trek route in this Monsoon. The best Jungle trek one can ever Enjoy. The Forest Department usually bans the Andharban trek route during July and August as the region receives hefty rainfall.
Andharban forest spreads along the vast area of the Sahyadris starting from a bit ahead of Pimpri village, passing through the Kundalika Valley. Then the dark forest patch and open Hirdi plateau above and a descent reaching to the Bhira Dam. You can also combine this trek with Devkund Waterfall Trek.
Andharban camping during the monsoon season is not possible as it rains continuously, During the winter and summer months we arrange Camping and Andharban Trek. We also arrange Devkund Waterfall Pune camping during the winter months. Andharban trek review rated as one of the rainy season treks in Maharashtra.
1. Can we drive to Tamhini Ghat for Andharban Jungle Trek?
Yes, you can drive to the start point of the trek, and we will provide you with the GPS location of the trailhead. Please note that we won't wait for you if you don't arrive on time.
This region has no network, and the road has high-density fog. You can use navigation apps to reach the Andharban Trek Start Point given by us and navigate to it. Tamhini ghat weather is unpredictable during the monsoon season, and it rains heavily.
In case of car breakdowns, there is very little help available you will mostly have to arrange another transport till your home city and tow your car using a professional service.
2. Andharban Trek from Mumbai Distance to Tamhini Ghat?
Tamhini Ghat is located 165 kilometers away from Mumbai, and It takes five to six hours from Mumbai to reach the Andharban trailhead. SUVs are more suited to this road. You can see many Tamhini ghat waterfalls along the way.
Hike in the Sahyadri hills of Maharashtra, and Explore the Western Ghats and its waterfalls. Experience an adventurous trek through the Tamhini ghat and enjoy stunning views of waterfalls. Do Andharban trek from Mumbai with us. Go for the best hike in Maharashtra; Tamhini ghat is the most popular weekend getaway from Mumbai.
Andharban trail start point will be shared with the registered participant in the group one day before the trek starts.
3. Distance of Andharban trek from Pune to Tamhini? Click here - Andharban jungle trek from Pune?
Andharban Trek from Pune is located three hour drive from Pune. Andharban Pune distance is 70 kilometers, one of the most popular treks for Punekars in the Sahyadris.
Enjoy the beautiful views of the Andharban Pune, Tamhini ghat, and Devkund waterfall on this exciting trek from Pune. Enjoy a fun-filled weekend with family and friends on this fantastic trek near Pune.
Andharban jungle trek from Pune is an offbeat trail that takes you through a dense and lush forest. Small waterfalls and terraced fields mark the entire route. Residents are friendly, their food is delicious, and the weather is cool and pleasant. It is one of the best treks in Maharashtra that offers an unforgettable experience to travelers.
4. The number of days required for the Andharban Monsoon Trek?
One day and one night are required to complete the trek to Andharban Forest. You will have an excellent time trekking in the Sahyadri ranges.
Tamhini ghat and Devkund waterfall are one of the most beautiful places in Maharashtra. Go out on weekends and enjoy this beautiful place with your friends and family. Please chat with us for Andharban trek group discounts.
5. Is there food available on the trek to the Andharban route map?
Food is unavailable along the hiking route of a trek to Andharban, and food is only available at the start of the hike, mid point at Hirdi Village near the plateau, and end of the trek near the Bhira Dam.
Maharashtra is one of the most beautiful states in India. With its diverse geography, you can find virtually any type of scenery here. The best from Mumbai is the trek to Andharban forest, which offers beautiful views of the Tamhini Ghat and Devkund waterfall. There are also many waterfalls to be found here, making it an excellent escape for Mumbai trekkers on weekends.
6. How much time is required for Andharban trekking?
Where is Andharban trek is a common question we receive every rainy season, Ten hours are required to complete the Andharban trekking Pune. It is the most popular trek the Sahyadris.
Maharashtra is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in India. The state is full of waterfalls, rivers, and gorgeous valleys, making it the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of Mumbai. The Andharban dark forest trek in Maharashtra will give you a breathtaking view of the Tamhini Ghat, Bhira dam, Sarasgad fort, Sudhagad Fort, and Devkund waterfall. Andharban trek photos are available on the gallery feed. We travel by bus to cover the road distance there is no night trekking required for the Andarban Trek.
7. Where can we park our cars at the Andharban trek location?
We will provide you with the parking location at the base village at your own risk. You might need a driver as the starting and ending points are entirely different for the trek to Andharban, which are at least 40 kilometers away from the starting and endpoint. Andarband trek is a unique forest trail best time to visit is during the rainy season.
For our itinerary in which we climb and return to Pimpri village, the start point of the trek to Andharban, you will not need a driver.
The best trek from Pune is the trek to Andharban at Tamhini Ghat, which offers beautiful views of the Devkund waterfall. The hike is also great for Pune trekking on weekends. There are many waterfalls along the way, making it an excellent outing for all ages.
Andharban trek distance from Pune is 70 kilometers. The hike should be a lot of fun, and it will be an excellent opportunity to see some beautiful scenery and get some exercise. We are sure you'll enjoy it.
8. Is there any parking charge at the Andharban trek start point?
Yes, Parking charges payable to locals and forest entry charges payable to the forest officers are applicable for this trek from Mumbai.
Treks and Trails offers a myriad of hiking options to escape the crowds and noise of Mumbai. The best trek in Pune is the Andharban trek and Devkund waterfall, which provide beautiful views of the Tamhini ghat and many waterfalls. Andharban trek in winter is mainly conducted at night to avoid the heat during the day.
9. Is the toilet available on the Andharban trek location?
Toilets are available at the Andharban homestay, where we will stop for breakfast, lunch, and changing after the trek. No restrooms are available along the Andharban trek route inside the forest area.
Andharban trek difficulty level depends on your fitness level and the gear you are wearing; please cover-up for this trek as there are many mosquitoes along the Andharban hiking trail. Protect your gadgets and phones; it rains very heavily on this trail.
Andharban forest distance from Pune is 70 kilometers; you will need three hours to complete this distance by road.
10. Do solo travelers and females sign up for these events?
We get 60 to 40 % Male to Female ratios on our events. Many Solo Travelling Females, solo trekkers, and solo hikers join our events.
The start point Andharban Jungle trek distance from Pune is 70 kilometers, and the hiking route is roughly 16 kilometers. Due to the pleasant weather and rains, the trail is accessible to the hikers. You need to wear good trekking shoes on this route. The rocky path is very slippery, and popular sneaker shoes don't offer any grip.
11. Are Kids allowed on the treks in Maharashtra?
With Parent's supervision only, kids below 15 years of age only, If you have kids below ten years old, we recommend not bringing them on the trek.
The weather can turn quickly and make it very difficult to cross streams and rivers. Bus breakdowns and flooding along the route are high, so we don't recommend putting kids through these situations.
12. What food will be provided on the Andharban valley trek?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available, and food is simple and nutritious. Please note for Jain food, kindly inform us in advance at the time of booking. Andarband trek has no food stalls available during the trail.
13. How is the mobile network at the Andharban Dark Forest Trek route?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services. You get 4G, and there is no network in certain sections. Please inform your family and friends before heading out on the trek. Kindly carry a power bank and waterproof mobile phone cover to keep your phone safe on the Andharban valley trek in the rainy season.
Andharban Pune trek route is offbeat and unexplored, including the road to the starting point. You will walk through a dense forest, traverse small waterfalls, and cross rivers on foot. Andharban distance from Pune is 70 kilometers; it takes three hours to reach by road. Andharban dark forest trek receives very heavy rainfall carry a good phone cover to protect your phone.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
We must book the bus in advance, forest passes, and make other arrangements; upfront payment is a must. We do not accept cash payments or on-the-spot registrations.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Razorpay / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway. We have many popular payment gateways on our website; we have tried to make all the available payment methods for booking treks in Mumbai.
15. Will I get bottled water on the Andharban forest Pune trek?
Trekkers carry reusable water bottles as they flow. Leave no trace policy. If you need to refill your water bottles, normal well water shall be provided at the Andharban homestays.
Please bring your reusable water bottles, and you can fill them in before the start of the trek. We believe in Reduce, Reuse, Recycle; we don't encourage trekkers in Maharashtra to buy bottled water while trekking.
16. Can I charge my phone along the Andharban trek route?
No electricity is available along the Andharban dark forest trek. Please carry a power bank if required.
Mumbai is one of the biggest and busiest cities in the world, but if you want to get out of the city for a few days, there are many wonderful trekking and hiking options nearby. One excellent option is the beautiful Andharban trek, which takes you to some stunning waterfalls and viewpoints. Another great option is the Devkund waterfall Trek, which also takes you to several beautiful falls.
17. How is the Andharban weather?
During the monsoon trek to Andharban weather is 16 degrees to 24 degrees, Thunderstorms, Windy, Precrip 90 to 100 %, and Humidity 90 to 100 %.
The monsoon rains heavily; please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets. Kindly wear good trekking shoes and wear full sleeves to avoid mosquito bites. Use a dry bag inside your backpack to keep your clothes dry and devices safe. Summer Temperature Night 20C - Day 39°C approx.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol on the Andharban trek?
We don't allow people to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes or any banned substances. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis. They will not be refunded and must manage the return on their expenses.
Andharban Tamhini ghat trek is a unique experience for adventure seekers who want to escape city life. It is an offbeat trek in Maharashtra, one of India's most beautiful States. Pune to Andharban distance is 70 kilometers by road.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers on the Andharban Jungle Trek?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking; Bluetooth speaker is not allowed inside the homestay. You can hear the sounds of the forest and enjoy the outdoors.
We have Andharban camping options available for those looking to stay back at Pimpri Village. Availability depends on the weather conditions.
20. What is the Andharban Trek Distance from Mumbai?
Our bus will begin the journey from Mumbai to Andarban trek and return the next day to Mumbai from Andharban. Pickups are from a central location only mentioned in the itinerary, and Mumbai to Andharban distance is 165 kilometers.
21. What is the Andharban trek distance?
Andharban Trek distance is 12 kilometers; the route is mostly downhill with few inclines. During monsoons, extra precaution is required. Western Ghats trekking is more enjoyable during the rainy season as the weather is more relaxed and refreshing.
Kindly wear good trekking shoes for rainy-season treks from Mumbai and Pune. Cover up sufficiently to avoid insect bites, and carry a dry bag inside your backpack to keep your valuables dry and safe.
22. Andharban homestay arrangements are available?
Please get in touch with us for the Andharban homestay and Andharban camping arrangements. Andharban night trek is available after the rainy season. Andharban trek guides are available with us on weekdays.
Assume you are a big fan of trekking and are excited to join one of your upcoming hikes. Andharban Mulshi's photos are breathtaking, and you can't wait to experience the hike firsthand.
23. Andharban resort for stay?
Treks and Trails India can arrange a simple homestay near the trail's start point; don't hesitate to contact us. For solo travelers, ample group accommodation is available with meals, beds, and Western commode toilets. Andharban is the most popular monsoon trek near Mumbai.
We're excited to have you join us for our upcoming hike! It's going to be an excellent opportunity to get some exercise and enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Andharban trek distance from Pune is 70 kilometers.
Andharban forest trek from Pune is one of the famous hiking trails in this region. The trail starts from Pimpri village to Hirdi Plateau to Bhira Dam, covering forests and waterfalls. The best time to go on this trail is during monsoon or winter. Kindly chat with us for Andharban trek details.
24. How do I make payment for the Andharban trek booking?
You can pay online on our website for the Andharban trek booking by clicking on the Book Now button. We accept all popular payment methods via the payment gateway.
If your question isn't answered above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach us via WhatsApp at 8828004949.
25. How long is Andharban Trek?
Andharban trek is 14 kilometers entirely downhill, and there are three major waterfall crossings. It takes ten hours to complete the trek, including breaks for snacks and lunch.
The trek starts near Pimpri Dam and ends at the Bhira Dam. The hiking path is very slippery; you need proper trekking shoes with excellent grip. Also, it would help if you covered up to protect yourself from Insect bites. It is the most famous trek in the monsoon around the Dam Bhira map.
26. Best time for Andharban trek?
Andharban trek gets banned during peak monsoon season as it is the breeding period for animals in the forest. The three waterfall crossings become impossible to cross on a heavy rainy day. The trek is open from June and August to September. Andharban trek permission issued in limited numbers by the forest department compulsory to enter the forest, Post monsoon Andharban Night treks are available. Andharban and Devkund waterfall attract the highest numbers of Mumbai trekkers.
27. Is the Andharban trek banned?
Andharban trek does get banned during peak monsoon season to avoid accidents at the waterfall crossing. Monsoon is the breeding period for wild animals to protect them; the trek gets banned for a few months. Trekking in Mumbai is getting more difficult during monsoon season due to huge crowds and bans issued by various government departments.
We are organizing a hike on the weekends, and we hope you'll be able to join us. The hike will be a moderate 6 kilometers one way, and we'll depart from the trailhead at 7 am sharp. If you're interested in coming, please let me know, and I'll send you all the necessary details. Pune to Andharban trek distance is 70 kilometers.
28. How to reach the Andharban trek start trail point from Lonavala?
You can drive 55 kilometers from Lonavala to Pimpri, the start point marked on navigation maps. If you stay at Lonavala Hotel, you can hire a cab to the start point.
The trek ends near Patnus village start point of Devkund waterfall. Your cab will need to pick you up from here after the trek. This road has dense fog and is in bad condition. Make sure your car has spare tires and necessary spare parts handy. Pimpri to Lonavala distance is 55 km it takes two hours to cover it. Andharban stay option is available at the homestays.
29. Do you provide Mumbai to Mumbai Andharban trekking Packages?
Andharban trekking package is from Mumbai to Mumbai with centralized pickup. Pickup is available at 11.00 pm from Dadar East, Sion, Chembur, Vashi, Nerul, Belapur, and Mcdonald Kalamboli. We create a WhatsApp group and share the live location of the bus for smooth coordination. Andarban Tamhini ghat is the most popular trek around Mumbai during the rainy season.
30. Can you tell me more about Andharban Trekking Distance?
The total trek is around 14 kilometers and goes through three massive waterfalls, Dense dark forest. Andharban trail is mostly covered in fog, and it rains heavily in this region. Hirdi Plateau has the only village on this trail, and We stop here for lunch. The trail is entirely downhill and very slippery. Please come prepared with good trekking shoes to avoid falling continuously.
31. Is the Andharban Forest trek easy for beginners?
Andharban forest trek requires good endurance and fitness level. It would be best if you were a confident hiker you will be crossing streams, waterfalls, and rivers, and descending slippery rocky trails. Our team will guide you throughout the trek and maintain your safety at all crossings.
32. Is the Andharban trek open in 2023?
Andharban Trek 2023 and the process for forest permits have not been released. Mostly the trek is open in June and August. Hiking is an excellent way to enjoy the outdoors and explore new areas. Trekking can be used as a form of recreational activity or as a means of accessing remote areas. Some people trek for religious reasons, while others trek for the landscape's challenge or beauty. Trekking is a great way to see wildlife and learn about local cultures.
33. Andharban Trek Difficulty level?
The trek difficulty level ultimately depends on the weather. If it rains heavily during the night, the stream crossing and waterfall crossing become very difficult and sometimes impossible to cross during the trek. Hikers should also take care of themselves by wearing proper shoes and hiking clothes to protect them from the natural elements. Trek level comes under medium difficulty with a slippery rocky trail.
34. What about our lunch for the Andharban Forest Trek?
Lunch arranged at the local villager's house at Hirdi Plateau lunch is straightforward due to very limited resources available due to connectivity inside the jungle. Veg food is only available on this trek. Andharban forest location is not well connected with the nearby towns.
35. Is the Andharban trek banned in 2023?
We regularly get asked this question at the onset of the rainy season. Is the Andharban trek open or banned? The hike is famous as the most banned trek in Maharashtra.
We have seen usually in peak rainy season, the trek gets banned, or a forest permit entry charges are collected at the Andharban trek start and end point. Currently, the website to buy Andharban trek permits is not working, so we need to buy from the forest officer on the spot.
36. Do you organize the Andharban and Devkund trek together with a night stay?
We also conduct the Devkund falls and Trek to Andharban together with a night stay this event requires two nights and two days. Explore the untouched wilderness of Maharashtra, experiencing its beautiful natural landscapes, waterfalls, misty cloud formations, dense jungle, and wildlife. A trek through a dark forest with no light to guide your way makes Andharban such an offbeat adventure.
37. Why are Andharban trek fees more than other treks in Maharashtra?
We have to block your passes with the Forest department, Pay entry fees at the start point there are many addon costs involved by various entities on this trek. Our best trek leaders are available for this trek due to unpredictable weather conditions on this trek. Please cooperate with them for your safety.
We have planned the Andharban jungle trek Pune and would love to have you join us.The hike will be moderate, with some hills, waterfalls, jungle paths, and rocky terrain. We'll be meeting at the trailhead at 7 am, and it should be a great workout, and we'll have time to relax and enjoy the views afterward. Tamhini waterfalls attract many tourist in 2023 heavy fees we levied at all entry points for tourist at the Kundalika valley.
38. How can we download the Andharban trek map?
Andharban trek map gpx files are readily available on all leading navigation apps. You can load these gpx files onto the open-source Andharban trek map and navigate the trail.
39. Is Andharban Forest trek safe?
Yes, the Andharban trek is safe for female travelers, there is a forest guard checking trekkers without passes they also help maintain security on the trek route. Our team will help you during the trek with waterfall crossing. Please avoid taking selfies near the cliff edge as the edges are slippery from monsoon weather.
40. Trek introduction and group introduction?
Before starting the trek, our guide will conduct the trek introduction and group introduction session; please follow the dos and don'ts on the trek. Please remember you have signed up for the group trek. The trek leader will take all decisions on the trek. Andharban is famous for bad weather, low visibility, and confusing route, and please be around the group always never move away alone without informing the trek leaders.
41. What are the different names for the Andharban Jungle trek route?
It is the most popular trek during the monsoon season as it is open for a few weeks only. It is known as Dark Forest Trek, Andarbhan Forest trek; all these names refer to the same trek. Depending on the weather, the starting points may differ, though; the trek remains the same for 95 percent. Andharban is a raw and pristine Forest near Mumbai not to be missed during the rainy season.
Pune to Andharban trek is one of the most famous hikes in Maharashtra, and it is offbeat. You will pass through a dense forest surrounded by beautiful landscapes, clouds, misty weather, and waterfalls. The trail goes uphill for several kilometers before finally reaching the top, where you can see a panoramic view of the surroundings. There are small villages where you can find local food. And this is even better since you will try some unusual food here. Andharban Devkund trek is in the same forest area but governed by two different forest offices.
42. Can solo female travelers or Solo trekkers join the Andharban Trek?
You can join as a solo trekker, solo hiker, solo female traveler; there is no restriction. We combine all of the hikers and form a group. Our trek leaders take care of each hiker in the group. Trekkers also have to be part of the group. They cannot do their thing during the trek. They need to follow all the instructions given by the trek leaders.
43. How to reach Andharban Trek from Mumbai?
The trek starting point is marked on google maps. We hire a private bus for this trek as the region is not well connected by public transport. The roads are in bad condition, so vehicle breakdowns are standard. There is no 4g network in the Tahmini ghat section. The start point of the trek Pimpri dam is searchable on google maps.
Andharban trek camping is not available as the forest department has strict rules for entry and exit timings.
44. Can you tell me the total Andharban trek distance from Mumbai?
Mumbai to Andharban 130 km by road takes five hours to cover this distance as the roads go through ghats and state highways.
45. How to reach Andharban from Pune?
Andharban is located close to Pune, It is around 72 kilometers and takes approximately three hours to cover the distance. The road goes via Tamhini ghat, which takes you to the Pimpri village dam, the start point of the trek.
46. Is smoking or consuming alcohol allowed on the Andharban trekking tour?
Smoking or consuming alcohol or any kind of drug is not allowed on any treks in Maharashtra. Any person caught will be asked to leave the group trek.
47. Can you tell me the fitness level required for Andharban Day Hike?
Trekkers with previous illness asthma, knee issues, overweight, and heart issues, recent surgery should avoid this trek. Please consult your family doctor before signing for the trek. Hikers, with excellent agility and endurance, can complete the trek. If you are looking for treks in August, the Andarban trek should be high on your bucket list.
48. Do you have any age limit for Aandharban trekking?
Children below 16 with a parent only allowed. People should judge their fitness and medical condition before joining any trek. Andharban trek itinerary requires good fitness levels and endurance levels.
49. Where can I find the toilet on the Andharban trek?
Toilets are available at the start of the trek, only where we will eat breakfast and tea. There are no toilets during the trek, and please carry sanitizers, handwash, toilet rolls to help yourself out in the wild.
50. Best recommend trekking near Mumbai in monsoon?
Mumbai has many trekking options available throughout the year we have listed the best below.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at email@example.com
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )