- Sorry no more departures available. You could get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to make a booking.
Kalsubai Peak Night Trek
Kalsubai Peak Trek with a height of 1646 meters or 5400 Feet is famous as the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai Mountain lies in the Sahyadri mountain range falling under Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary. Kalsubai Height being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Bhandardara Dam and Kalsubai Peak is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb.
Kalsubai Trek Event Details
- Kalsubai Trek Difficulty Level: Medium
- Kalsubai Trek Endurance Level: High
- Base Village Kalsubai Trek: Bari
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Peak: 4 hours one way
- Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
- Climbing Kalsubai Trek Distance: 5.5 km one way
- Kalsubai Peak Height: 1646 meters
- Highest Peak of Maharashtra Kalsubai Peak in feet: 5400 ft.
- Cost: Rs 899/- per person
Kalsubai Trek Event Itinerary
Day Zero – Saturday
Mumbai Participant can board the below train please check on phone app for platforms
Please board the below train and meet us at Kasara Railway Station near the Ticket counter
- 21:32 CSMT
- 21:40 Byculla
- 21:50 Dadar
- 22:00 Kurla
- 22:06 Ghatkopar
- 22:27 Thane
- 22:50 Dombivali
- 23:01 Kalyan
- 00:11 Kasara
Pune Participants can meet us at Kasara Railway Station
- Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
- Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
- Board local train till Kasara.
Day One – Sunday
00:15 Assemble at Kasara Railway Station near the ticket counter.
00:20 Travel from Kasara Railway Station to Bari Village by Local Jeep.
02:30 Reach Bari village and take a rest for a while.
03:00 Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction.
07:00 Reach Kalsubai top, explore the summit and enjoy the sunrise from the top.
Have a Breakfast.
09:00 Start descending towards base village
12:00 Reach base village and Lunch.
13:00 Travel by Jeep from Bari Village to Kasara Railway Station.
15:00 Reach Kasara railway station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kalsubai Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Kasara to Kasara travel by local jeep
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
How to go Kalsubai from Mumbai?
The meeting point for this trek will be at Kasara Railway Station. We have mentioned the train timing in the itinerary. Kindly boarded the train accordingly. Our trek leader will meet you at Railway Station near the ticket counter. From here we will move towards the base village in our jeeps.
In case you are travelling in your vehicle till Bari village, we request you to reach on time. We will provide you with the google maps location till Bari village. Please note the road till the base village is under repair and bad condition. There is a low network or no network in this region in case of car breakdown at night it will be challenging to find help.
How to go Kalsubai from Pune?
By train, you need to reach Kalyan Railway Station and board Kasara Local from Kalyan. We have mentioned the train timings in the itinerary. After reaching Kasara Railway Station, our trek leader will meet you at the ticket counter. We will proceed from here in local jeeps till base village Bari which is the starting point for Kalsubai Night Trek.
By Car, we will share with you the google map navigation details you can follow it to reach Bari village. It will take a good five hours to reach till Bari Village the starting point of Kalsubai Trek.
Kalsubai Map - Drive Through Map?
Please refer to google maps or google earth. We will send you the google maps navigation link after your booking is completed. You can follow the nav to reach till Bari Village which is the starting point for Kalsubai Night Trek.
What is the Kalsubai Trek batch size regularly?
Usually, each Kalsubai Night trek group has 10 - 40 people which comprises women, men, children, solo travelers. We send trek leaders as per the batch size to make sure you enjoy your trek and receive proper guidance whenever needed. Bigger the group more the fun, our trek leader engages with trekkers and traveler to keep the group motivated.
Do you provide pick up and drop service from Mumbai or Pune for Kalsubai Trek?
During Winter and Summer seasons trekkers will have to reach till Kasara Railway Station and meet our guide. The guide will bring you till base village in Local jeeps you will be sharing the vehicle with other trekkers. In case you are coming in a car you need to reach on time till Bari Village using google maps location provided by us.
I am a Female traveler or Solo traveler can i join Kalsubai Night Trek?
Kalsubai Trekking route is very safe for female trekkers locals are very friendly. Our team will take care of your safety.
Distance from Mumbai Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra?
Four hours drive from Mumbai - 155 km approx. The road is under repair in certain sections and in bad condition.
Distance from Pune Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 180 km approx
The number of days required for this event?
One day and One Night is required to complete the Kalsubai Night Trek.
Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk. Locals might ask for parking fees.
Is there any parking charge?
Yes. Locals might collect a parking charge from you.
8. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Sleeping bag NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags. incase you need to rent sleeping bags please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Are Toilet Available on Kalsubai Mountain?
Not available During the trek toilets are not available on Kalsubai Night Trek. You will need to go in the open.
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode. There is a scarcity of water so English toilets are not available.
10. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
We also send female trek leaders whenever possible and available to lead.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only. We have had 5 years old kids complete the trek with their parents in the past.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home-cooked is available. On top, we provide breakfast Poha and Tea.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
14. Where will we stay?
No Homestay is required for this event. We will only stop at the base village for some time for introduction and instruction to be given by trek leader. Stay will not be required on the trek. In case you want to spend more time at Kalsubai we have Kalsubai Camping Trek available.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided. Villagers now sell bottled water on the route on weekends. Please carry reusable water bottle it helps in reducing waste on the slopes.
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
18. How is the weather now?
- Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
- Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
- Winter temperature is 10 to 20 degree and very windy please carry a windproof jacket for the summit.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Kalsubai Peak and trekking route is sacred to all Maharashtrians anyone caught smoking or consuming alcohol will be at the mercy of locals.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay.
- Please enjoy the sound of nature on the trek.
- Trek leader keep giving instruction throughout the trek you will miss important communication if listening to music.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website by clicking on the book now tab.
22. Kalsubai hotels - Kalsubai Homestay ?
Local villagers offer dormitory homestay
List of Hotels near Kalsubai Peak
- MTDC Bhandardara
- Anandvan Resort
- Yash Resort
- Hotel Samadhan
In case your question is not listed above you can email us: email@example.com