Rajmachi Fort is historical forts have two stronghold forts, Forts of Rajmachi are Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat which is a popular spot near Khandala known as Rajmachi View Point. Rajmachi is a famous spot for trekking in popular Lonavala Hill Stations. Lonavala to Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. you can see the beautiful Kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route in Sahyadri Mountains.
For Rajmachi Fireflies camping - Click here
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
- Fireflies in the end of Summer
- Kataldhar waterfall.
Rajmachi and Kondana Caves Trek 2023 Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City Lonavala.
- Shivardhan Fort Exploration.
- Local Village Food.
- Separate Stay for Females.
- Cost: Rs 1600/- per person
Rajmachi & Kondhane Caves Event Itinerary
Day One – Saturday
For Mumbai Participant
Konark Express 11019 (Mumbai CSMT to Bhubaneshwar)
- 14:00 CSMT
- 14:12 Dadar
- 14:33 Thane
- 14:55 Kalyan
- 16:27 Lonavala
For Pune participants
Pune to Lonavala local train
- 15:00 Pune
- 15:05 Shivaji Nagar
- 15:24 Chinchwad
- 15:45 Talegaon
- 16:20 Lonavala
16:45 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep (Half Way).
18:30 Start Trek towards the base village - 8 km trek.
20:30 Reach Base Village.
Day Two - Sunday Rajmachi Trek
06:30 Wake up and freshen up
07:30 Start ascending Shrivardhan Fort.
08:30 Reach on top and explore.
09:30 Start descending.
10:30 Reach at base village.
Visit Udaysagar lake and temple.
13:00 Start descending towards Karjat side.
Visit Kondhane Caves.
17:30 Reach Kondhane village and start the journey towards Karjat station by local vehicle.
18:30 Disperse at Karjat railway station
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi and Kondhane Caves Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Due to the visitor rush during this period, jeeps are sometimes unavailable or overbooked, and the participant is requested to wait patiently for their jeep.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling Lonavala to mid village by Jeep (Half Way).
- 1 Veg Dinner, 1 veg Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch.
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory.
- Travelling Kondhane Village to Karjat Station by local vehicle
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Lonavala and back from Karjat
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Mask and sanitizer
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bed sheets)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.