Rajmachi Fort Information
Rajmachi Fort has two stronghold forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Bale Killa. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful Kataldhar Waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre-monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Uday Sagar Lake constructed in 1712
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Uday Sagar Lake
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan
- Fireflies pre-monsoon only
- Kataldhar waterfall during monsoon only
Batches for Rajmachi Trek
- 27th 28th April 2019
- 4th 5th May 2019
- 11th 12th May 2019
- 18th 19th May 2019
- 25th 26th May 2019
Camping Rajmachi Fort Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx
- Nearest City Lonavala
- Tent Stay available - Twin sharing and Triple Sharing available
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory during monsoon only
- Campfire and Night Jungle Trail
- Night Jungle Trail Walk
- Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort Exploration Trek
- Local Village Food
- Jain food available
Rajmachi Trek Event Itinerary
Day One Rajmachi Trek Saturday
Mumbai Participant please board Sinhagad Express 11009 – Mumbai to Pune.
For Pune participants - Catch Pune – Lonavala local
15:04 Shivaji Nagar
Meet Trek Leader near Lonavala Railway Station Ticket Counter
17:20 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep (Half Way)
19:00 Start Trek towards the base village - 8 km trek
21:00 Reach Base Village
23:00 Dinner - Stay in Tents ( Twin sharing and Triple Sharing available )
Day Two - Sunday Rajmachi Trek
07:30 Fort visit and exploration.
13:00 Start return journey to Lonavala
16:30 Disperse at Lonavala railway station
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Jeep is only available half the way as the road is not motorable, the participant will have to walk 8 km one way.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling Lonavala to base village by Jeep (Half Way).
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch.
- Treks and Trails India charges if any.
- Camping tent stay
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory.
- Travelling base Village to Lonavala Station
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Click on the link: Things to carry
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save the number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till rajmachi Village?
Not in monsoon
After monsoon you can drive Rajmachi base village with good SUV Car only
2. How far it is from Mumbai/Pune?
Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx.
3. Number of days required for this event?
Two days and One Night
4. Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala at your own risk
5. Is there any parking charge?
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Mattress: Like Yoga Mat is provided
Sleeping bag: NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
Please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets
7. Are Toilet Available ?
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
8. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events ?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
9. Are Kids allowed on treks ?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
10. What type of food will be provided ?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available
11. Phone Connectivity ?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
12. Where will we stay ?
Tent Stay available - Twin Sharing and Triple Sharing Tents available
Homestay will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided during monsoon
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted ?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted
We need to book in advance bus and stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is must
12. Will i get bottled water ?
Normal well water shall be provided
13. Can i charge my phone ?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
14. How is the weather now ?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol ?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
16. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker ?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking.
Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
17. How do i make payment ?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org