Harishchandragad is one of the best high forts near Mumbai, Maharashtra. Strong fortifications of this fort have multiple entry routes such as the Junnar gate route, Sadhale ghat, Nalichi wat, and Indore waat.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar in Khireshwar village, in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moghuls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Sapta Tirta Pushkarini, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada - Konkan cliff, Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar.
Harishchandragad Trek Event Details
- Difficulty Level: Medium
- Endurance Level: Medium
- Height of fort: 4650 feet. approx
- Region: Igatpuri
- Total time required for climbing: 3 hours uphill climb one way.
- Drive from Mumbai: 220 km one way
Cost for Harishchandragad Trek
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1999/- per person
Harishchandragad Trek Event Itinerary
20:45 Meet us at WEH metro station bus stop.
21:00 Start journey towards Harishchandragad.
21:15 Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on highway), Bandra.
21:30 Pick up at Sion station circle.
22:15 Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
05:30 Reach at Paachnai village.
06:00 Have a breakfast
06:30 Start ascending.
09:30 Reach at top.
Visit Harishchandreshwar temple, Kedareshwar temple, Pushkarani, Caves.
10:30 Start trek towards Kokankada.
11:00 Reach Kokankada and Enjoy your time at Kokankada.
13:30 Start descending.
16:30 Reach at base village and start return journey towards Mumbai.
23:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Travel by private non-Ac bus
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Pachnai?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Pachnai?
Four hours drive from Mumbai - 180 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Pachnai?
Six hours drive from Pune - 240 km approx.
4. The number of days required for this event?
5. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
6. Is there any parking charge?
7. Do you provide sleeping bags?
No Sleeping bag. For hygiene reasons, we don't provide sleeping bags.
8. Is the toilet available on Harishchandragad?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available.
9. Do Single travelers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
10. Are kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
11. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home-cooked is available.
12. Phone connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services.
13. Where will we stay?
No Homestay is required for this event.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 13- Day 39°C approx.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
Harishchandragad Trek 2021 | Harishchandragad Fort from Mumbai /Pune
A trek to Harishchandragad Fort, a favorite destination from Mumbai and Pune. A part of Kalsubai Harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary. Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat, Kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region. Harishchandragad Fort Trek left an indelible mark on my heart at the very first moment my eyes met and feasted on the views from the fort.
How do I get to Harishchandragad Sahyadri Fort Trek?
How to Reach Harishchandragad by Train. The nearest railway station to Harishchandragad fort is Igatpuri Train Station at a distance of 41 km away from Harishchandragad Fort. However, to arrive here, you need to take a train from Kalyan Mumbai.
Which season is best for Harishchandragad?
In Malshej ghat, Harishchandragad Fort is a prominent sightseeing attraction and the best months (or season) to visit there coincides with that of the destination itself - Aug, Sep are considered the best time to visit Harishchandragad fort.
How can I reach Harishchandragad from Mumbai?
How to reach Harishchandragad from Mumbai
- Catch a local going towards Kalyan (on Central Line). ...
- The ST depot is just beside the station on the west side. ...
- Ask the ST conductor for a ticket of Khubi Phata. ...
- Get down at Khubi Phata and start walking on the 6 km long dam that just starts beside the road.
Harishchandragad, a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, is one of the most challenging treks in the Western Ghats. Harishchandragad is one of the trekker's paradise with simultaneous rappelling, camping, rock climbing and valley crossing with steep slopes and is considered to be the difficult treks in all of Sahyadri Fort.
Harishchandragad fort trek, a part of Kalsubai Harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary, is 210 km NE of Mumbai and 170 Km South of Pune.4,691 feet above sea-level, with ruined fortifications and ancient caves tracing back to the Microlithic age, Harishchandragad fort is a perfect trekking destination in the Sahyadris.
Haishchandragad Fort offers an amazing trek amidst Sahyadri Mountains. Various trek routes to reach atop fort displays splendid beauty of nature. In Harischandragad trek by Pachnai route, discover the captivating beauty of an ancient fort & the clear night skies. Be a shutterbug and join moonlight trek. Harishchandragad is no stranger to the trek lovers of Mumbai. In the last decade, new routes have been discovered. Get set for an adrenaline rush as you trek to the beautiful hill fort of Harishchandragad. Located in the Ahmednagar area, this fort is a popular trekking destination.