Harishchandragad is one of the best high forts near Mumbai, Maharashtra. Strong fortifications of this fort have multiple entry routes such as Junnar gate route, Sadhale ghat, Nalichi wat, and Indore waat.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar in Khireshwar village, in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moghuls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Sapta Tirta Pushkarini, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada - Konkan cliff, Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar.
Harishchandragad Trek Batches
Harishchandragad Trek Event Details
Difficulty Level: Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Height of fort: 4650 feet. approx
Total time required for climbing: 2.5 hours uphill climb one way from Pachnai village.
Cost: Rs. 1300/- per person
Harishchandragad Monsoon Trek Event Itinerary
Catch CSMT – Kasara local
Kasara slow local
- 21:32 CSMT
- 21:40 Byculla
- 21:50 Dadar
- 22:00 Kurla
- 22:06 Ghatkopar
- 22:27 Thane
- 22:50 Dombivli
- 23:01 Kalyan
- 00:12 Kasara
- Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
- Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
- Board local train till Kasara.
00:15 Meet Trek Leader at Kasara Railway Station.
00:30 Move towards the base village in by private local vehicle.
04:30 Reach at base village - Pachnai.
Freshen up and Breakfast.
06:30 Start ascending.
09:00 Reach on top and explore. Visit Harishchandreshwar temple, Kedareshwar temple, Pushkarani, Caves.
10:30 Start trek towards Kokankada.
11:00 Reach Kokankada and Enjoy your time at Kokankada.
13:30 Start descending.
16:00 Reach base village and start return journey towards Kasara.
20:00 Arrival at Kasara railway station and disperse.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
- Kasara to Kasara travel by private non ac local vehicle.
- Treks and Trails expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kasara and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 litres of water.
- Packed dinner for Saturday night.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Pachnai?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Pachnai?
Four hours drive from Mumbai - 180 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Pachnai?
Six hours drive from Pune - 240 km approx.
4. The number of days required for this event?
5. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
6. Is there any parking charge?
7. Do you provide sleeping bags?
No Sleeping bag. For hygiene reasons, we don't provide sleeping bags.
8. Is the toilet available on Harishchandragad?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available.
9. Do Single travelers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
10. Are kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
11. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home-cooked is available.
12. Phone connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services.
13. Where will we stay?
No Homestay is required for this event.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Harishchandragad Trek 2019 | Harishchandragad Fort from Mumbai /Pune
A Monsoon trek to Harishchandragad Fort, a favorite destination from Mumbai and Pune in monsoons. A part of Kalsubai Harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary.Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district of India. Its history is linked with that of Malshej Ghat, Kothale village and it has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region. Harishchandragad Fort Trek left an indelible mark on my heart at the very first moment my eyes met and feasted on the views from the fort.
How do I get to Harishchandragad Sahyadri Fort Trek?
How to Reach Harishchandragad by Train. The nearest railway station to Harishchandragad fort is Igatpuri Train Station at a distance of 41 km away from Harishchandragad Fort. However, to arrive here, you need to take a train from Kalyan Mumbai.
Which season is best for Harishchandragad?
In Malshej ghat, Harishchandragad Fort is a prominent sightseeing attraction and the best months (or season) to visit there coincides with that of the destination itself - Aug, Sep are considered the best time to visit Harishchandragad fort.
How can I reach Harishchandragad from Mumbai?
How to reach Harishchandragad from Mumbai
- Catch a local going towards Kalyan (on Central Line). ...
- The ST depot is just beside the station on the west side. ...
- Ask the ST conductor for a ticket of Khubi Phata. ...
- Get down at Khubi Phata and start walking on the 6 km long dam that just starts beside the road.
Harishchandragad, a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra, is one of the most challenging treks in the Western Ghats. Harishchandragad is one of the trekker's paradise with simultaneous rappelling, camping, rock climbing and valley crossing with steep slopes and is considered to be the difficult treks in all of Sahyadri Fort.
Harishchandragad fort trek, a part of Kalsubai Harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary, is 210 km NE of Mumbai and 170 Km South of Pune.4,691 feet above sea-level, with ruined fortifications and ancient caves tracing back to the Microlithic age, Harishchandragad fort is a perfect trekking destination in the Sahyadris.
Haishchandragad Fort offers an amazing trek amidst Sahyadri Mountains. Various trek routes to reach atop fort displays splendid beauty of nature. In Harischandragad trek by Pachnai route, discover the captivating beauty of an ancient fort & the clear night skies. Be a shutterbug and join moonlight trek. Harishchandragad is no stranger to the trek lovers of Mumbai. In the last decade, new routes have been discovered. Get set for an adrenaline rush as you trek to the beautiful hill fort of Harishchandragad. Located in Ahmednagar area, this fort is a popular trekking destination.