Harishchandragad Trek via Nalichi Vaat
There are 3 access to Harishchandragad. The easiest and shortest one from Pachnai village. Another one from Khireshwar village also known as tolar khind, which is bit enduring but not technical. And last one is from Walhiware, a very remote village 10km inside from main Malshej ghat road which is called Nalichi vaat. This route is both technical and enduring with no water spots in between which makes this route even challenging, and needs precise management of time and water.
The name nalichi vaat is given because, nal means tap in Marathi and this route is nothing but a river which brings down all the water on Harishchandragad in monsoon season and dries up in winter. So the same route we climb up to reach Harishchandragad, which takes anywhere from 6 hrs to 10 hrs depending on one’s speed.
Harishchandragad Event Details
- Difficulty Level: Difficult
- Endurance Level: High
- Height of fort: 4650 ft. approx.
- Region: Igatpuri
Harishchandragad via Nalichi Vaat Itinerary
Day 1 – Friday
12.30 Meet at kalyan station and leave for Walhiware village in private vehicle.
16:00 Reach Walhiware village.
17:00 Tea and snacks. And information about surrounding hills and mountain ranges and trek route.
20:30 Dinner. (home cooked village food).
05:30 Wake up and freshen up.
07:00 Start ascending Harishchandragad via Nalichi vaat.
Packed lunch while trekking.
17:00 Reach at Kokankada.
Enjoy sunset at Kokankada.
06:00 Wake up and freshen up.
08:00 Start trek towards Harishchandreshwar Temple.
Visit Harishchandreshwar Temple, Kedareshwar Temple, Pushkarni, Caves.
10:00 Start descending via Pachanai route.
11:30 Reach at base village.
12:00 Start return journey towards Kasara.
15:00 Reach at Kasara railway station and disperse.
What is included in the tour
- Kalyan to Walhiware and Pachnai to Kasara travel by local vehicle.
- 2 veg Breakfast, 1 veg Lunch, 2 Evening tea and 2 Dinner.
- Treks and Trails expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kalyan
- Travel from Kasara to back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water(Compulsory)
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- A proper backpack (No side bags and jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Warm cloths (Jacket, Cap, Muffler)
- Extra pair of cloths, napkin
- Sleeping material (Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.