(Trek to Ratangad From Mumbai)
Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. It lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadris looks very much lost in time. At the base of this fort is ancient Lord Shiva (Amruteshwar) temple. About 1000 years old temple of Lord Shiva, the Amruteshwar Temple at Ratanwadi, is an absolute paragon of high class architecture of our ancestors.
Ratangad Trek Event Details
- Ratangad trek difficulty level: Medium.
- Ratangad trek endurance level: Medium.
- Ratangad height: 4255 ft. approx.
- Ratangad trek base village: Ratanwadi.
- Cost: Rs. 1499/- per person
Ratangad Trek Event Itinerary
Day 0 - Saturday night
10:45 pm Meet us at SGNP main gate.
11:00 pm Start journey towards Ratangad.
11:30 pm Pick up at WEH metro station bus stop.
11:45 pm Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on highway), Bandra.
12:00 am Pick up at Sion station circle.
12:45 am Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
Day 1 - Sunday
05:30 Reach base village.
Rest in the bus till 6:00.
06:30 Breakfast at the base village.
07:00 Start ascending.
10:00 Reach top. Explore the fort and Lunch.
13:00 Start descending.
16:00 Reach base village.
17:00 Start return journey.
23:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Travel by private non-Ac vehicle
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Ratangad Trek 2021 | Ratangad Fort Trek in Monsoon
Monsoon Trek to Ratangad Fort is a magnificent trek which passes through one of the most beautiful regions in the Sahyadris. Join us for flower special trek to Ratangad from Mumbai.
Ratangad is a fort in Ratan Wadi, Maharashtra, India, overlooking the locale of Bhandardara, one of the oldest artificial catchment area. This fort is located in the Ahmadnagar district of Maharashtra. It is on the boundary of Ahmadnagar and Thane districts. The fort is about 400 years old.
Ratangad fort is a part of the Kalsubai range, which consists of some of the highest peaks in the Sahyadris.
In the Ratanwadi village of Maharashtra lies the ancient Ratangad Fort that overlooks the Sahyadri range of mountains.
At a distance of 6 km from Ratanwadi, 23 km from Bhandardara, 183 km from Pune & 197 km from Mumbai.
Explore superb landscapes as you embark on a thrilling escapade with Ratangad Fort trek. The twisting paths make the trek challenging but a fun experience.
Really trek to Ratangad Fort is Unforgettable. The height of Ratangad Fort from sea level is 1297 meter (4255 Ft) high.
Go on a Monsoon Trek to Ratangad Fort and enjoy picturesque views from the top.
Ratangad is probably the best scenic fort in Maharashtra. Its located near Bhandardara dam. So enroute you can visit the Dam too.
“Ratan” means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed the jewel among all the hill forts in Sahyadri. Geographically, Ratangad is on the banks of Bhandardara lake in Ahmednagar district at a height of 4255 feet.
Incoming search terms related to Ratangad:- ratangad trek in monsoon, ratangad images, ratangad trekshitiz, ratangad camping, ratangad trek cost, ratangad fort camping, ratangad fort images, ratangad trek indiahikes