About Naneghat Pass
Naneghat is a mountain pass situated at an elevation of 2600 feet. The trek is famous for its ancient pass it connects the Konkan Coast and Junnar town. Naneghat is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra. While going through Malshej Ghat, we can easily get a glimpse of Naneghat after Murbad. Nane means "coin" and ghat means "pass". As this path was used as a toll booth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills. From the inscriptions in the caves indicate that Satavahana dynasty ruled here and also the Mauryan Empire. We can approach Naneghat via Vaishakhare or via Dahndya.
History of Naneghat Pass
During the reign of the Satavahana, the pass was extensively used as a trade route between Kalyan and Junnar. This was the most important trade route, as it connected harbor of Sopara (now Nalasopara) and Kalyan directly to Junnar and Paithan. Bor Ghat, Malshej Ghat, and Naneghat were the foremost road links for commuting coast to the Junnar plateau. The Satvaahans had made Naneghat their main route to Junnar. During their tenure, the most important way of commuting was Naneghat, which linked Kalyan & Sopara to Paithan. However, as time proceeded, it was destroyed by alien rulers and then paid no attention.
Once you reach Naneghat trekking point, there is a proper trail from there taking you to the Naneghat. This trail is pretty easy and is five kilometers. Naneghat trekking point just starts off the Ahmednagar-Kalyan road. The trail passes through some patchy forest and mostly dry terrains. When you reach towards the end of the trek, you will see a high point in front of you. You will have to climb to the hilltop.
- Naneghat trek difficulty level: Medium.
- Base village for Naneghat: Vaishakhare.
- Region : Malshej ghat.
- Total time required for climbing Naneghat : Maximum 2.5 hrs.
- Duration: 1 day.
- Naneghat height: 2800 ft. (approx.).
- Type: Ancient trade route.
- Traveling by Bus.
Day 0 - Saturday
- 23:00 Meeting at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar (East).
- 23:30 Leave for Naneghat monsoon trek.
- 24:00 Pick up at Teen hath naka, Thane(West).
Day 1 - Sunday
- 03:00 Reach at the base village and rest in the bus.
- 06:30 Wake up and freshen up.
- 07:30 Breakfast at base
- 08:00 Start ascending.
- 11:00 Reach in caves of Naneghat. Explore and lunch.
- 13:00 Start descending.
- 16:00 Reach at base and start return journey to Mumbai.
- 22:00 Approx. arrival at Dadar – Mumbai.
Please note: Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast.
- Travel Dadar to Dadar by private vehicle.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- Lunch for the trek.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Click on the link: Things to carry
1. Can we drive till Vaishakhare?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Vaishakhare?
Three hours drive from Mumbai - 108 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Vaishakhare?
Four and Half hours drive from Pune - 185 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Naneghat?
No. Food available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Naneghat?
2.5 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Naneghat?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org