About Bhandardara Dam Camping
The campsite will be at Bhandardara which is in the interiors of Maharashtra and one of the darkest spots in our state with the least amount of light pollution you will witness the darkest night sky possible. One may see the Milky Way with their naked eyes and spot numerous stars and galaxies that are never visible from the city. For all astrophotography lovers, you will be able to take some killer star-trails and Milky Way pictures. Its gonna be a treat for your lenses. Or if you get tired, you may chill in one of the open tents and immerse yourself under the sky filled with gazillion stars.There will be a live solo performance by a singer Hindi songs. In the morning relax in the boat ride around the lake. Bhandardara Hill station near Mumbai is very popular among travellers looking for a relaxing weekend.
Highlights of Campsite
- Enjoy the best Sunset in Bhandardara from the comfort of your tent
- Music under the stars with the warm comfort of Bonfire
- The best night sky in Maharashtra click amazing night astrophotographs
- Delicious food Barbecue | Dinner | Breakfast included in the package
- Early morning boat ride around the lake
- Western toilets available
- Multi sharing big tents
Bhandardara Camping Event Details
- Region: Bhandardara
- Distance from Kasara: 65-70 km
- Adult with transport (6 yrs and above) = 1600/- per person
- Child with transport (below 6 yrs) = 1150/- per person
- Adult without transport (6 yrs and above) = 1200/- per person
- Child without transport (below 6 yrs) = 750/- per person
Bhandardara Lakeside Camping Event Itinerary
Option 1 - without transport
Day One - Saturday
16:30 Check in at the campsite.
17:30 Evening tea.
20:00 Enjoy BBQ(Veg and Non-veg) and a campfire.
22:00 Dinner. (Veg)
Day Two – Sunday
07:00 Wake up and freshen up
09:00 Check out from the campsite.
Option 2 - with transport
Day One - Saturday
Catch CSMT – Kasara local
- CSMT - 11:46
- Byculla - 11:53
- Dadar - 11:59
- Kurla - 12:06
- Ghatkopar - 12:10
- Thane - 12:26
- Dombivli - 12:39
- Kalyan - 12:48
- Kasara - 13:58
For Pune, people train options
1. Train name Sahyadri Express and Train Number 11024
- 06:50 - Pune
- 10:32 - Kalyan
2. Train name Mumbai Express and Train Number 17032
- 09:05 - Pune
- 11:47 - Kalyan
From Kalyan catch above local Kasara train
14:00 Meet at Kasara railway station and move towards the campsite at Bhandardara India
16:30 Reach at the campsite.
17:30 Evening tea.
20:00 Enjoy BBQ and campfire.
Day Two – Sunday
07:00 Wake up and freshen up.
09:00 Check out from the campsite and move towards the Kasara railway station by local vehicle.
11:00 Reach Kasara station and disperse.
Top ten activities Bhandardara dam camping | Bhandardara places to visit
Below activities are not included in a package, the participant can explore Bhandardara after checking out from the campsite using own vehicle.
- Sandhan Valley Trek | Sandhan Valley Rappelling | Sandhan Valley zipline
- Ghatghar Kokankada | Ghatghar Dam
- Randha Waterfall Visit during monsoon
- Umbrella Waterfall Visit during monsoon
- Amruteshwar Temple Ratanwadi
- Backwaters around Samrad Village
- Kalsubai Trek
- Ratangad Fort Trek
- Visit Bahvali Dam
- Visit Bhavli Waterfall during monsoon
- Alang Madan Kulang Fort Trek
- Purushwadi Fireflies premonsoon during May and June only.
What is included in the tour
- 1 evening tea and snacks, BBQ (veg/non-veg), 1 veg dinner and 1 breakfast
- Music and campfire
- Tented stay on multi sharing basis
- Travel from Kasara to campsite and back to Kasara by local vehicle (Option 2)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any transportation (Option 1)
- Transportation till Kasara and back (Option 2)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Torch with extra batteries
- Extra pair of clothes & towel
- Comfortable footwear
- Warm clothing (during winter)
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Identity proof
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save the number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. How to reach Bhandardara?
We will provide google maps GPS route to our campsite location.
2. Where to stay in Bhandardara hotels? Where to stay in Bhandardara Resorts?
In case you plan to extend your stay in Bhandardara there are many homestays and hotels available. MTDC resort Bhandardara, Anandvan resort Bhandardara, Yash resort Bhandardara, Wanderlust resort Bhandardara.
3. How are the toilets at the campsite?
We have western toilets available at the campsite. The bathing facility is not available.
4. Where should we park our car at Bhandardara?
Ample car parking space is available above the campsite. The Bhandardara campsite is 5 minutes walking distance downhill from the car parking. Personal car parking’s at the owner’s risk - the route will be provided via Google maps.
5. Bhandardara camping is it safe for solo women travellers?
Camp Site is safe for Women. We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
6. Bhandardara campsite kids friendly can we bring our kids?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only. The campsite is safe for kids in case you have any special requirements like milk and hot water please inform us at time of booking we will accommodate your request.
7. Food preference only Veg & Non-Veg local cooked?
For Dinner ( Veg and Non-Veg food is available ) please select at the time of booking
Barbecue will be served with Veg and Non-veg options please select at the time of booking
8. Will we get phone reception at the campsite?
Only BSNL sim cards get limited phone connectivity. Other Simcards will work near the village Shendi 6 km away from the campsite.
9. I have signed up for Bhandardara Camping with transport will I get private transport?
Local jeeps used for Transport can accommodate 10 people. They are not-ac jeeps you will be sharing the jeep with other campers. Our Jeep driver will meet you at Kasara railway station and in morning drop you to Kasara Railway Station.
11. What if I missed the train to Kasara or I want to come at a later time?
You will have to manage your own transport until the campsite. It will be expensive for a couple, solo travellers, small groups less than 5 people. We will try to arrange another jeep payable at extra cost. Mostly jeeps are busy on weekends it becomes difficult to find another jeep.
10. Can I pay the booking amount on the spot?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only on the spot payment not accepted
11. How to reach Bhandardara from Mumbai by train?
You will have to board Kasara Train on Central Railway Line. Our Jeep driver will pick you up from Railway Station near Parking. It takes 2 hours to reach the campsite from Kasara Railway Station roads are in bad condition.
12. How far is Bhandardara from Mumbai?
Bhandardara is 170 km via NH160 it takes 6 hours to reach the campsite from Mumbai.
13. How far is Bhandardara from Pune?
Bhandardara is 172 km via MH SH 21 and NH60 it takes 6 hours to reach the campsite from Mumbai.
14. How to reach Bhandardara from Pune?
You can either drive from Pune to Bhandardara using google maps. From Kasara railway station jeeps are available till the campsite. For any customisation request please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Famous treks near Bhandardara Camping?
- Mount Kalsubai night trek
- Karoli Ghat trek
- Sandhan Valley trek
- Alang Madan Kulang trek
- Ratangad fort trek
- Harishchandragad Fort Trek
- Kavnai Fort Trek
16. Bhandardara Weather and which is the best season to visit Bhandardara?
Bhandardara during winters ranges from 14 degrees to 24 degrees. It will be windy during the night. During summer it will be hot during the day and cold during the night. During monsoon, it rains very heavily and there will fog-covered hills.
Camping under the twinkling sky: Bhandardara, Maharashtra
Find the best Camping recommendations in Bhandardara - Curated by Treks and Trails India experts. Access the latest customer reviews, contact info, & more. Get your legs moving, your heart pumping, and your eyes totally bugging at these amazing Treks around India, Maharashtra, Pune and Mumbai region. Treks and Trails India is one of the Top Camping Organisers in India. Bhandardara Hill station near Shirdi is ideal for a weekend visit you can enjoy camping, resort stay, adventure activity, visit waterfalls, watch fireflies, join on amazing treks, watch beautiful sunrise and sunsets. Hill station near Nashik amazing Bhandardara must visit it is ideal for all ages.