Geared up for a new adventure. We call upon the survivors to explore the most difficult trek in the Sahyadri. An adventure to explore the path less taken. Come on pack your bags, and join the adventure.
About Alang fort:
Alang Fort (also Alangad) is a fort in Nashik district, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the three forts, the others being Madangad and Kulang, in the Kalsubai range of the Western Ghats. They are the most difficult to reach forts in Nasik District. A dense forest cover make these treks difficult. These three forts are a little neglected due to very heavy rains in the area and a difficult confusing path to the forts
About Kulang fort:
Being in the same region of the three forts its said climb to Kulag is the most difficult. On the way up climbing we come across patches of rock cut steps. It take 6 hours to reach from Kulanwadi to the fort. On the fort to see around 5 water cisterns. Form here we could also see Mahuli with the 3 pinacles. One can also stay at the caves here.
About Madan fort:
The climb preferred is usually between Madan and Alang. The time taken could around 3-4 hours to reach the step after leaving Kulung fort. Over here rock climbing would be required as the wall of the steps was destroyed during the cannon fire. Use of a fixed rope is required. There is one large cave on this fort and 2 water cistern. The top of the fort is a huge plateau. On the fort, there are two caves, a small temple and 11 water cisterns. Remnants of buildings are spread over the fort. Kalasubai, Aundh Fort, Patta and Bitangad are to the east of the fort, Harihar, Trimbakgad and Anjaneri to its north and Harishchandragad, Aajobagad, Khutta (pinnacle), Ratangad and Katrabai to its south.
- Difficulty Level: Difficult
- Endurance Level: Very high
- Food Arrangement: Take pack lunch and drinking water along. It's a long trek.
- Transport: Limited frequency of ST buses are available till the village road end
- Height of forts: 4852 - 4841 - 4822 ft
- Base Village: Kulangwadi
- District: Nashik
- Region: Igatpuri - Kalsubai
- Route from Pune: Pune - Nashik phata - Naarayangoan - Kotul - Udadhawane - Alang
- Route from Mumbai: Mumbai - Kasara - Sakurli - Ambewadi - Alang
- Distance from Mumbai: 145 km approx.
- Distance from Pune: 175 km approx.
- Total time required for climbing
- Total distance for climbing: Day: 1, 2 and 3 approx 7km, 5km, 6km respectively.
Board the slow Kasara Local train (N) starting from Mumbai CST on Day: ZERO
- 22:50 CST
- 23.04 Dadar
- 23:31 Thane
- 00:03 Kalyan
- 01:18 Kasara
- Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
- Reach Kalyan 21:00
- Have dinner before you board the Kasara train
- Board local train till Kasara.
Meeting Point: Kasara Station near Ticket Counter 01:20 hrs on Day 1
- 01:30 Reach Kasara
- 02:30 Introduction, orientations & start travel up to Ambewadi
- 04:00 Rest for 2 hours
- 06:30 Wake up, Breakfast.
- 07:30 Trek begins
- Reach the col between Alang and Madan, climb the rock patch of Madangad. Lunch Break on Madangad top. After lunch start Descending Madangad. Reach the col between Alang and Madan Start Ascending Alang Fort Reach the cave, dinner and rest for the day.
- 06:00 Wake up, Breakfast, Explore Alang.
- Start Descending Alang fort. & trek towards Kulang fort.
- Lunch in the route.
- Reach the cave of Kulang fort. Dinner and rest for the day.
- 06:30 Wake up, Breakfast, explore Kulang fort.
- 09:00 Start descending, Kulang fort, reach Ambewadi and have lunch.
- 15:30 Travel towards Kasara.
- 17:30 Reach Kasara.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara – Ambewadi - Kasara by local Transport ST / Jeep.
- Day 1 - Breakfast, Evening Tea, and Dinner,
- Day 2 – Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea, and Dinner,
- Day 3 - Breakfast, Lunch.
- Technical Equipment, Expertise, and TreksandTrails, India charges if any.
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Lunch for day 1.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate and a swiss-knife.
2/3 liters of water(Compulsory)
Lunch for day 1
Good Torch must with extra battery
Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
A proper backpack (No side bags and jholas)
Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
Sun Cap and Sunscreen
Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
Warm cloths (Jacket, Cap, Muffler)
Extra pair of cloths, napkin
Sleeping material (Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Recommended treks near Mumbai
- Kalsubai Night Trek
- Ratangad Fort Trek
- Sandhan Valley Trek
- Harischandragad Fort Trek
- Kavnai Fort Trek