Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping
Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri Western Ghats. The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai 5400 ft. the highest peak in Maharashtra mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of the mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft and at some places, sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
Sandhan Valley Trek Batches
9th 10th November
7th 8th December
16th 17th November
14th 15th December
23rd 24th November
21st 22nd December
30th November 1st December
28th 29th December
Sandhan Valley Trek Cost Rs 1850/- per person ( Rappelling / All meals / Transport / Trek Leader expertise )
Event Details Sandhan Valley Trek
- Sandhan Valley Trek Region: Ghatghar
- Sandhan Valley Trek Cost: Rs 1850/- per person
- Assembly: Kasara railway station
- Sandhan Valley Trek Duration: 2 days and 2 nights
- Sandhan Valley Trek Difficulty: Hard
- Sandhan Valley Trek Endurance: High
- Sandhan Valley weather: Pleasant
Sandhan Valley Itinerary
Mumbai Participants for Sandhan Trek
Board Kasara slow local from Mumbai CST on Friday.
- 22:50 CST
- 23.04 Dadar
- 23:31 Thane
- 00.03 Kalyan
- 01:18 Kasara
Pune Participants for Sandhan Valley Trek
- Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
- Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
- Board above local train till Kasara.
Day: 1 - Saturday - Sandhan Valley Trek Route
01:30 Assemble at Kasara Rail Station.
05:30 Reach base village by local transport.
07:00 Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley.
13:30 Lunch in route.
16:00 Evening tea.
20:30 Dinner & Night Stay under open Sky in Tent.
Day: 2 - Sunday - Sandhan Valley Trek Route
06:30 Wake up, Breakfast.
07:30 Start descending toward Dehne village.
10:00 Reach Dehne village and start travel from Dehne village to Asangaon.
11:30 Disperse at Asangaon railway station.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Sandhan Valley Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sandals / Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Kasara/Samrad without refund, Trekking shoes are a must.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara to Sandhan Valley and Dehne to Asangaon by local Transport.
- Day One Saturday - 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg packed lunch, evening tea and 1 veg dinner.
- Day Two Sunday - 1 veg breakfast.
- Equipment, expertise, guide charges and Treks leader expertise
- Tent Stay on Saturday Night on sharing basis.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai/Pune till Ksara
- Travel back from Asangaon
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered etc.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Trekking shoes
- Sleeping bags/2 bedsheets are compulsory
- Torch with extra batteries – Compulsory per person
- A haversack to keep hands free
- Water 3 liters (use reusable water bottle)
- One extra pair of clothes, a sweater
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits, etc.
- Winter clothes
- Camera (Optional) - Get Dry Bag to keep clothes and electronic gadgets dry
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Sleeping bag, carry matt (Sleeping bag available on rent on availability)
- Personal medicines. Sweaters if required
- Please do not carry handbags or jholas for this trek
- Bed sheets, please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, and a small Swiss-knife
- Personal Medicine and First Aid
- Identity proof (must)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Are toilets available during Sandhan Valley Trek Route ?
No, Toilets are available at base village samrad and after the trek is completed at Dehne Village
2. Food available ?
Basic veg food is available prepared by locals
Breakfast - Poha and Tea
Main Meal - Bhakri / Sabzi / Rice / Daal / Papad / Pickle
3. Can we self drive till Samrad village ?
You would need driver as starting point of trek sandhan valley and end location of trek are different and 3 hours by car.
4. Numbers of days required for this trek ?
Two days are required and two nights
5. Where can we park our cars for trek sandhan valley ?
Samrad village and parking is available
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Sleeping bag NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags
7. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events ?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
8. Are Kids allowed on treks sandhan valley?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
9. Phone Connectivity ?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
10. Where will we stay ?
- First night at villagers house dormitory
- Second night after sandhan valley trek we will stay in Jungle
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted ?
Cash payment is not accepted
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted
- We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must
12. Will i get bottled water ?
Normal well water shall be provided
You can buy water purify tablets from medical
13. Can i charge my phone ?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
14. How is the weather now ?
Winter Temperatur Night 10 - Day 30°C approx.
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol ?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis without refund.
16. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker ?
- Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay or resting place.
17. How do i make payment ?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
18. Hotels near Sandhan Valley Bhandardara?
List of Hotels Bhandardara
- MTDC Bhandardara
- Anandvan Resort
- Yash Resort
- Hotel Samadhan
- Locals offer homestay dormitory boards can be easily spotted along the road
19. Things to do near Sandhan Valley ?
- Sandhan Valley Giant Swing conducted by Proboscis Training & Adventures email them email@example.com
- Visit Ghatghar Dam
- Ratangad Trek
- Kalsubai Trek
- Bhandardara Camping
- Alang Madan Kulang Trek
- Astro Photography Bhandardara - contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ghatghar Kokankada
- Visit Wilson Dam
- Boating at Bhandardara Lake
20. Sandhan Valley Trek Pune ?
Please read event itinerary tab on how to reach kasara for Pune participant
21. Sandhan Valley Trek Mumbai ?
Please read event itinerary tab on how to reach kasara for Mumbai participant
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com