Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping
Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri Western Ghats. The water-carved valley is 200 feet deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded by mighty Alang, Madan, and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai 5400 ft. the highest peak in Maharashtra mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of the mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft and at some places, sun rays are unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
Sandhan Valley Trek Cost Rs 1549/- per person (Rappelling / All meals / Transport / Trek Leader expertise/Camping)
Event Details Sandhan Valley Trek
- Sandhan Valley Trek Region: Ghatghar
- Sandhan Valley Trek Duration: 2 days and 2 nights
- Sandhan Valley Trek Difficulty: Moderate- Difficult
- Sandhan Valley Trek Endurance: High
- Sandhan Valley weather: Pleasant
Cost for Sandhan Valley Trek and Camping
- By Train: Rs. 1549/- per person
- Coming directly to base village: Rs. 999/- per person
Sandhan Valley Itinerary
Day 0 - Friday Night
Board 10:50 PM CSMT-Kasara Fast Local (If you miss the train, you miss the event)
10:50 pm : CSMT
11:05 pm: Dadar
11:18 pm: Ghatkopar
11:30 pm: Mulund
11:34 pm: Thane
11:57 pm: Dombivali
Day: 1 - Saturday
12:07 am: Kalyan
01:18 am: Kasara
01:30 am: Gather at the meeting point (Kasara Station) and leave for the base village in Pre-booked Vehicles.
04:30-5:00 Reach base village and rest for a while
07:00 Post briefing, Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley.
13:30 Lunch en route after crossing the rappelling patch.
16:00 Evening tea.
17:00- Rest and freshen up at the campsite
20:30 Dinner & Night Stay under open Sky in Tents.
Day: 2 - Sunday - Sandhan Valley Trek Route
06:30 Wake up and have a hot Breakfast.
07:30 Start descending toward Dehne village.
10:00 Reach Dehne village and start travel from Dehne village to Asangaon Railway Station
11:00 Reach Asangaon station.
Board the 11:47 AM CSMT Fast local or 12:56 PM CSMT Fast local for Mumbai
15:00 Approx. arrival at CSMT.
- Trekking shoes: Participants wearing Sandals / Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Kasara/Samrad without a refund, Trekking shoes are a must.
- Please do your research on the Sandhan Valley trek before registering.
- If you are coming by your own vehicle, you'll sent to Samrad village by Karole ghat with locals.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person
What is included in the tour
- Travel cost from Kasara to Samrad and from Dehne to Asangaon Railway station. (with transport option)
- Day One Saturday - 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg packed lunch, evening tea and 1 veg dinner.
- Day Two Sunday - 1 veg breakfast.
- Equipments, expertise, Guide charges and Treks leader expertise
- Tent Stay on Saturday Night on sharing basis.
- First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Mask and Sanitizer
- Trekking shoes
- Sleeping bag, carry matt
- Torch with extra batteries – Compulsory per person
- A haversack to keep hands free
- Water 3 liters (use reusable water bottle)
- One extra pair of clothes, a sweater
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits, etc.
- Winter clothes
- Camera (Optional) - Get Dry Bag to keep clothes and electronic gadgets dry
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Personal medicines. Sweaters if required
- Please do not carry handbags or jholas for this trek
- Bed sheets, please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, and a small Swiss-knife
- Personal Medicine and First Aid
- Identity proof (must)
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
1. Are toilets available during Sandhan Valley Trek Route ?
No, Toilets are available at base village samrad and after the trek is completed at Dehne Village
2. Food available ?
Basic veg food is available prepared by locals
Breakfast - Poha and Tea
Main Meal - Bhakri / Sabzi / Rice / Daal / Papad / Pickle
3. Can we self drive till Samrad village ?
You would need driver as starting point of trek sandhan valley and end location of trek are different and 3 hours by car.
4. Numbers of days required for this trek ?
Two days are required and two nights
5. Where can we park our cars for trek sandhan valley ?
Samrad village and parking is available
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Sleeping bag NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags
7. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events ?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
8. Are Kids allowed on treks sandhan valley?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
9. Phone Connectivity ?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
10. Where will we stay ?
- First night at villagers house dormitory
- Second night after sandhan valley trek we will stay in Jungle
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted ?
Cash payment is not accepted
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted
- We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must
12. Will i get bottled water ?
Normal well water shall be provided
You can buy water purify tablets from medical
13. Can i charge my phone ?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
14. How is the weather now ?
Winter Temperatur Night 10 - Day 30°C approx.
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol ?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis without refund.
16. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker ?
- Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay or resting place.
17. How do i make payment ?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
18. Hotels near Sandhan Valley Bhandardara?
List of Hotels Bhandardara
- MTDC Bhandardara
- Anandvan Resort
- Yash Resort
- Hotel Samadhan
- Locals offer homestay dormitory boards can be easily spotted along the road
19. Things to do near Sandhan Valley ?
- Sandhan Valley Giant Swing conducted by Proboscis Training & Adventures
- Visit Ghatghar Dam
- Ratangad Trek
- Kalsubai Trek
- Bhandardara Camping
- Alang Madan Kulang Trek
- Astro Photography Bhandardara - contact us email@example.com
- Ghatghar Kokankada
- Visit Wilson Dam
- Boating at Bhandardara Lake
20. Sandhan Valley Trek Pune ?
Please read event itinerary tab on how to reach kasara for Pune participant
21. Sandhan Valley Trek Mumbai ?
Please read event itinerary tab on how to reach kasara for Mumbai participant
In case your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org