Kalsubai Peak: Maharashtra's Highest Camping and Trekking Destination
Kalsubai Peak, with a height of 1646 metres (5400 feet), is famous as the highest peak in Maharashtra. Kalsubai Mountain lies in the Sahyadri mountain range, falling under the Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary. Kalsubai Height, being the highest peak, commands a beautiful view. Since Bhandardara Dam and Kalsubai Peak are extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. Camping under the stars and moonlight at the highest peak of Maharashtra is thrilling to experience.
Kalsubai Trek and Camping Event Details
- Kalsubai Trek Difficulty Level: Medium
- Base Village Kalsubai Trek: Bari
- Shikhar Kalsubai Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Shikhar: 3-4 hours one way
- Trekking Duration: 1 Night 2 Days
- Climbing Kalsubai Distance: 5.5 km one way
- Kalsubai Peak Height: 1646 meters
- Highest Peak of Maharashtra Kalsubai Peak: 5400 feet /1646 meter
Cost for Kalsubai Trek and Camping
- Camping Kalsubai package by Train is Rs. 1599/- per person
- Camping Kalsubai package coming directly to base village is Rs. 1099/- per person
Kalsubai Camping Upcoming Batches
November: 11, 18, 25
December: 2, 9, 16, 23
Kalsubai Camping Event Itinerary
Day One Saturday
Participants are requested to board the below train from the nearest local station. Train timings have been mentioned below for your convenience.
KASARA FAST - MULUND - DIVA
- 11:42 am CSMT
- 11:49 am Byculla
- 11:55 am Dadar
- 12:02 pm Kurla
- 12:06 pm Ghatkopar
- 12:22 pm Thane
- 12:38 pm Dombivli
- 12:47 pm Kalyan
- 01:58 pm Kasara
02:00 pm - Meeting at Kasara Railway Ticket Counter.
02:15 pm - leave for the base village (Bari) In shared vehicles
04:00 pm - Reach Bari village. Start ascending.
(Note: If camping on the top is banned by the forest department, then camping will be at the middle plateau)
07:30 pm - Reach campsite and check in to your tents and rest.
09:00 pm - Dinner will be provided and instruction provided.
Day Two Sunday
05:30 am - Wake up and freshen up.
06:00 am - Start trek to Kalsubai Peak.
Reach Kalsubai Peak and watch the sunrise.
08:00 am - Have to breakfast.
08:30 am - Start descending towards base village.
11:30 am - Reach the base and start a return journey towards Kasara Railway Station. (Lunch is not included in the package)
01:00 pm - Reach Kasara Railway station and disperse.
Return journey options
13:31 PM Kasara - CSMT Fast - Diva
14:44 PM Kasara - CSMT Fast - Diva
How to book?
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your departure date and click on pay and book button.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out your personal details and proceed with reviews & payment.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive confirmation via email. (Please provide valid email id)
- A WhatsApp group link will be sent to your WhatsApp number 8 hours prior to the departure. (Please provide WhatsApp number while booking)
- Event Details and Trek Leaders details will be shared on that WhatsApp group only.
- Missing the Train is missing Kalsubai Trek and Camping, no refund will be provided.
- Lunch is not included in the package. (we can take on the way halt at dhaba for lunch)
- If camping on the top banned by the forest department, then camping will be at the middle plateau.
- If you wrongly booked for different date or batch. And you want to change date within 3 days of departure, then transfer charges will be applied which will be Rs. 200/- per person.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel From Kasara railway station to Bari village and back to Kasara Railway station in shared vehicles. (with transport option)
- Tented stay on multi sharing basis at the campsite (triple/quad)
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Travel till base and back (without transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra batteries
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping mat, Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Proper backpack (No side bag or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars / ready to eat food
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal medicine
- Extra Clothes, Napkin
- Winter Jacket, Cap, Muffler
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
- Due to bad weather, floods, sudden changes in government rules, and overcrowding at the destination trek, the organizer has the right to change the trekking destination.
- During the trek , due to any circumstances seen or unseen trek leader has the right to cancel the trek for safety reason. No refund shall be issued.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive to Bari Village Kalsubai Maharashtra?
Yes. Roads are in good condition now, and the widening process is ongoing. Kalsubai peak trek is a journey of self-discovery, and it's about exploring the wilderness and getting closer to nature. Treks and Trails organize group treks for urban explorers who want to get away from their busy life, connect with themselves and enjoy the beauty of nature in its raw form.
2. Kalsubai Map - Drive Through Map?
Please refer to google maps or google earth. Navigation coordinates will be provided to trekkers upon registration by our team. Kalsubai location has two starting points, Indore village, and Bari village. We take the Bari village route. We are also listed on google maps as Kalsubai Trek - Treks and Trails India.
Treks and Trails are a group of trekking enthusiasts who love to explore nature and connect with it. We do treks around Mumbai, Pune, and nearby areas. If you are looking for some weekend fun or want to get out of your busy schedule, then this is your place.
3. Distance from Mumbai to Kalsubai Shikhar's highest peak in Maharashtra?
Kalsubai trek is one of the most adventurous treks in India. Starting from Mumbai, Pune, this camping place in Maharashtra offers you a chance to explore secluded areas and nature at its best. The peak provides a fantastic view of the sunrise and sunset, making it an ideal place for camping. Four hours drive from Mumbai, 155 km approx.
4. Distance from Pune to Kalsubai Shikhar's highest peak in Maharashtra?
Kalsubai trek and camping located near the highest peak of Maharashtra, we provide you with the best treks around Pune. We have the best camping spot on the Kalsubai mountain. Five hours drive from Pune 180 km approx.
5. The number of days required for Kalsubai camping?
Two days and one night are required for Kalsubai Camping and Trek. The highest mountain peak of Maharashtra and a camping destination for many people, Kalsubai has located just 70 km from Nashik. Kalsubai trek trails offer views of the western ghats, forts, and other beautiful peaks that are still unexplored. It is not hard to imagine why this place has become so popular among campers.
6. Where can we park our cars at Kalsubai trek camping?
Parking is available at the Bari base village at your own risk. Locals might charge you a parking fee.
7. Is there any parking charge at Kalsubai, Maharashtra?
Yes, Locals will charge for parking in their parking space. Kalsubai trek near Igtatpuri is the best camping site for weekend getaways. Enjoy camping near the highest peak of Maharashtra, which offers panoramic views of nature's beauty. Camping in the lap of mother nature is a great way to relax and enjoy time with friends and family. The beautiful night sky with stars will mesmerize you and make your trip memorable.
8. Do you provide sleeping bags?
No, For hygiene reasons, we don't provide sleeping bags. You can carry your sleeping bag or two bedsheets. Kalsubai trek and camping is an excellent opportunity to enjoy, connect with nature, explore the beauty of Kalsubai, the highest peak in Maharashtra. Trekking will be full of fun and entertainment. See the night sky full of stars around you.
9. Are Toilet Available on Kalsubai Mountain or during the trek?
Toilet available at base village only. Kalsubai Peak comes under Harishchandragad Kalsubai Forest Sanctuary; constructing toilets is not allowed in the forest area.
The Kalsubai camping is one of the most popular treks in India and one that anyone can do. The route passes through several ladders, forests, and mountains and offers views of the beautiful sunset and sunrise.
10. Do solo Travellers Female signup for these events?
Kalsubai trek and camping are excellent ways to enjoy a weekend outdoors. You will experience the magic of nature on this adventurous weekend where you can climb the highest peak of Maharashtra, night sky with beautiful Milky Way, and connect with like-minded people.
We have 60 to 40 % or more Male Female ratios at our events. Many solo Travelling Females join our events, and solo Travellers can join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on Camping at Kalsubai?
Kids below 15 with Parents' supervision only are allowed to camping at Kalsubai.
12. What type of food will be provided on Kalsubai Trek and Camping?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available. Kalsubai Trek is a beautiful trek near Bhandardara. The camping near Igatpuri offers you an opportunity to get closer to nature witness breathtaking views and a night sky full of stars.
13. Phone Connectivity on Camping at Kalsubai?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services. Bari has no connectivity for telephone operators.
14. Where will we stay for Kalsubai Camping?
We will meet at Homestay after the introduction we will move towards the campsite, Our stay for the night will be in the tents.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
- Normal well water shall be provided.
- Please carry reusable water bottles for this trek to avoid creating garbage.
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
18. How is the Kalsubai weather now and is it ideal for trekking activity?
Kalsubai Winter Temperature Night 10°C Day 30°C approx. Kalsubai Summer Temperature Night 17°C Day 39°C approx. Kalsubai Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets. Kalsubai Trekking activity is preferable during winter and summer around late evening and night due to the weather.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on a Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside the homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
Event tickets can be booked by clicking on the "Book Now" button. You can also pay with Google Pay and UPI. Please WhatsApp us for more details at 8828004949. In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. Is Kalsubai camping safe for female travelers and solo travelers?
Our trek leader and local guide will be present during the trek and camping activity and make sure your camping experience is safe and enjoyable. Locals are friendly and maintain the slopes well as Kalsubai peak is a pilgrimage site and favorite hiking spot in Maharashtra. Hikers are also requested not to take risky selfies and obey group rules shared by the trek leader for their own safety. Safety instructions will be shared by the trek leaders you can also read them on the website at the time of booking.
23. Do you offer a customized Kalsubai camping package for corporates?
Yes, we have customized Kalsubai camping packages available for corporates and large groups available please email us at email@example.com
24. How to join Whatsapp broadcast list regular update?
You can visit our Instagram profile https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/ in the bio you will find the link to join our WhatsApp group and a telegram group
25. How to find your live events?
At the bottom of the page, you will see a floating button for upcoming events kindly click on it to find our live events.
26. Is a Kalsubai trek safe in heavy rain?
The trek is safe during the rainy season thousands of trekkers visit the peak to enjoy the cooler weather after the harsh summer season. Kalsubai receives hefty rains during the monsoon season, visibility is low due to thick fog, and high winds make it difficult to walk and communicate. It is best to visit the peak with an experienced guide or trekking company during the monsoon season. Few water crossings can swell, and good knowledge of alternate routes will help navigate safer sections. Also, look at the weather conditions before signing for any trek.
27. How do I get to the Kalsubai trek route from Mumbai?
We have different travel options depending on the season; during monsoon and covid restrictions, we offer bus services from Mumbai and Pune to Kalsubai trailhead. During the winter and summer season and post-removal of covid restrictions, we offer jeep transport from Kasara railway station, cheaper and faster for our trekkers.
28. Can I go for the Kalsubai trek alone?
Yes, many solo travelers join our weekend batches. Kalsubai trek route is safe for female trekkers. It has many stalls offering snacks and refreshments. They also guide you to the route. Locals and trekking communities well mark the route. Beware about the monkeys. They will grab your bag. Make sure you cover it with a bag cover making it harder for them to open your bags.
29. Is the Kalsubai trek safe for girls?
Yes, the Kalsubai trekking and camping are safe for girls and solo travelers. We offer guided Kalsubai trekking and camping with our trek leaders, offering support during your travel, trek, camping, and post-trek. We support the locals, ensuring you enjoy the trek without worrying about your logistics. Following trek leader instruction during your trekking and camping is a must.
30. What is the best time to visit the Kalsubai trek and camping?
During the rainy season, it is not possible to camp at Kalsubai. Post the monsoon season, the Kalsubai trek and camping are available till may end. The best time for camping is the summer months, as you get to see the stars cloud cover below the peak during sunrise. Winters the trek is more accessible, and the weather touches upto 5 degrees, with the wind chill feeling a lot cooler.
31. What is the difficulty level of trekking and camping in Kalsubai Maharashtra in the rainy season?
Only the trekking option is available during the rainy season at Kalsubai Shikhar. Trekking difficulty ultimately depends on your fitness level and the gear your wear. If you are unfit, any trek will be challenging for you; if you wear sneakers jogging shoes, then any trek in monsoon will be challenging.
It is good to become fit, do regular stretching, and invest in a good trekking shoe before signing up for any trekking expedition. Kalsubai trek is mostly an uphill walk with three ladders installed to make your climb safer. The difficulty level remains the same in all seasons with different challenges.
32. How should I trek Kalsubai solo at night?
It is best to join a trekking group or take a guide along with you for the Kalsubai night trek. Visibility can be low during the winter season as the mountain gets covered in Fog. Local transport availability is poor at night, with a minimal mobile network near the base village.
If you are a solo hiker, it is best to download the route map on GPS and use it as a guide. Also, inform the locals, friends, family about your trek start and end time. It is better to visit near the weekend as people on the trail can guide you if you need any help.
33. What are the five best treks around Mumbai other than Kalsubai?
Are you looking for an exciting weekend break? Trekking is one of the best ways to explore nature and escape the daily routine. It also offers you a chance to see lesser-known parts of the country and appreciate its beauty, culture, and heritage.
Treks and Trails is a platform that connects you to outdoor enthusiasts who like to travel, live in the outdoors, go camping, and explore India. Our five best treks around Mumbai and Pune recommendation.
- Harishchandragad Fort Trek
- Harihar Fort Trek
- Kalavantin Durg Trek and Prabalmachi Camping
- Devkund Waterfall Trek
- Aadrai Jungle Trek
34. Can one have alcohol on Kalsubai trekking and camping?
Drinking alcohol or smoking is not allowed on our treks. Consuming alcohol dehydrates you; locals don't promote any form of intoxication on a sacred mountain and will beat you if they find you in possession of drinking alcohol or smoking.
35. What is the height of Kalsubai Shikhar?
The tallest mountain in Maharashtra is Kalsubai Peak, which stands at 1646 meters or 5400 feet above sea level, and it is the most popular trek from Pune and Mumbai. Kalsubai height makes it the most visited hike in Maharashtra.
36. Can we go to the Kalsubai trek camping on weekdays?
Yes, Kalsubai night trek and camping are available on weekdays for large groups; kindly chat with us for a quotation. We arrange corporate treks and group treks on weekdays and weekends.
37. What's the view at the top of Kalsubai trekking and camping like?
You may see the tranquil backwaters of Bhandardara and Arthur Lake, which is well-known for camping. Several beautiful mountain ranges can be found. To the north, you may view forts such as Ramshej, Harihargad, Brahmagiri, Anjaneri, Ghargad, Bahula, Tringalwadi, and Kavnai. Aundha, Vishramgad, and Bitangad may be seen to the east. Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad in the west, and Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar, and Harishchandragad in the south. Please see our upcoming event floating button for additional information.
Treks and Trails are a group of passionate people who love the outdoors. We will take you to hidden places in and around Mumbai, where you can enjoy exploring nature and get away from the hustle-bustle of city life.
Why join Kalsubai Camping and Trek?
In recent times, camping and trekking as recreational endeavors have acquired tremendous popularity. Be it any age group; individuals prefer to engage in camping and trekking rather than spending time in enclosed malls and pubs. These activities have two significant benefits: physical activity for your body and the second being out there in real natural settings. Trekking involves people walking upwards on rough mountainous terrain to reach the summit. The leisure counterpart of trekking is camping. Camping comprises setting up a tent juxtaposed against a picturesque background and chilling away. Camping does not include any form of physical exertion, an essential element of trekking.
If you are not one of those faint-hearted, then it’s time to upgrade yourself to the next level. We are talking about the most bombastic combination of trekking to the highest peak of Maharashtra and then camping there. Yes, you heard us right. Treks and Trails present to you the exhilarating amalgamation of Kalsubai trekking and camping.
Kalsubai Peak, with a height of 1646 meters or 5400 feet, is celebrated as the highest peak in Maharashtra. Mount Kalsubai or Everest of Maharashtra is nestled in the Sahyadri mountain ranges falling under the Kalsubai Harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary. Renowned as the Everest of Maharashtra, Kalsubai beholds the most breathtaking view of the Sahyadri Mountain Ranges and Arthur Lake and Bhandardara Dam from its top.
Gear yourself up this weekend with us to climb and camp at the Mount Everest of Maharashtra, which offers a spectacular 360-degree view of the Sahyadri Mountains ranges, making your Camping trekking experience memorable.
Kalsubai camping getting there, Kalsubai trek camping distance from Mumbai is 155 kilometers. Night camping Kalsubai distance from Pune is 252 kilometers
How to reach Kalsubai Camping?
By road: One can reach Kalsubai directly only by road as it is situated in the interiors. You can reach any of the major cities like Mumbai, Pune, and Nashik through the air, rail, or road and then travel by road to Bari which is the base village of Kalsubai. You can hire a cab or rent a bike/car in any of these cities and drive to Bari. One can also make a direct journey to Bari via NH160 when traveling from Mumbai and via NH60 when driving from Pune. If you’re driving From NH3 one can head to Igatpuri and then onto Ghoti, from there head to Bari. From Pune, one can travel by ST bus which goes via Sangamner, Rajur, Bhandardara, and then Bari. All the buses operating to Pune, Bhandardara, Akole, go via Bari Village.
By rail: Igatpuri and Kasara are the nearby railway stations to Bari. You can reach Igatpuri and Kasara by rail and then wait for a bus or shared jeeps to reach Bari. From Mumbai, one can board a local train to Kasara railway station and take a private jeep that will go via Kasara to Igatpuri and then Ghoti to Bari Village. Kolkata Mail, Howrah Mail, or Mahanagri Express are some of the express trains you can board from Mumbai to reach Igatpuri. From Pune, you can take the Manmad Express which has a stop at Igatpuri station. On the other hand, you can also board the Deccan Queen and alight at Kalyan station, board a Kasara local and take a jeep towards Bari.
By air: The nearest airports to Kalsubai are Shirdi is 100 kilometers, Nashik is 100 kilometers, and Pune is 171 kilometers. One can take a flight to these airports and then set out for Kalsubai by road in a private car or jeep.
The starting point of Mount Kalsubai Trek Base Village Bari, The altitude of Kalsubai Peak 5400 feet or 1646 meters The gradient of Kalsubai Trek, Moderate. Kalsubai is a continuously uphill trail with some rising steep segments, along with some plateau walks. The trail is a fusion of easy to climb slopes as well as rocky patches overlooking the valley below. There are several steel railings, chains, and ladders along the vertical hill slopes which are fixed by the villagers to make the trek more accessible. Kalsubai camping start time is the early evening we will reach our campsite in few hours depending on the speed of the group.
Approximate time to reach Kalsubai Shikhar This excursion is a two-day, one-night activity that includes trekking and camping. It will take around two to four hours to ascend and reach our campsite at Kalsubai. After the ascent, we will spend the night away camping at the plateau. At the break of dawn, we will start our trek towards the summit. After spending sufficient time at the summit, we will descend back to the base village which will take about two to three hours.
Trekking distance of Mount Kalsubai 12 km both ways. Water sources on the trail of Mount Kalsubai One should carry at least 2 liters of water before starting the trek. There aren’t any streams on the trail. However, one can find some stalls on the trail which sell bottled water. Kalsubai camping stay will be raw and with minimum facilities and it will be safe camping. Kalsubai Camping end time is around 11 am depending on group descending speed. If you think skipping the Indian super league for camping is not worth it we accept the challenge our camping experience will change you for life.
Best months to trek and camp at Mount Kalsubai for a real thrill
It is highly recommended to trek and camp at Kalsubai during the post-monsoon and winter months. The best months are from September to March. The freezing temperatures, chilly winds, and the surreal feeling of watching the most beautiful sunrise from the comfort of your tents will be one of the life experiences that you shouldn’t miss out on. The balmy atmosphere, cool wind, and dewy trails make your experience even more beautiful. However, one can still sign up for this event post-March, as we will start ascending in the evening to beat the heat and scorching sun and will descend before the sun is at its peak.
In May and June, just before the region gets its first rainfall, if you sign up, you are in for a surprise. Fireflies are found in most of the forests of Maharashtra and you will find them here at Kalsubai too. As you ascend the mountain, you will be accompanied by swarms of fireflies till the top and then when you look downhill, it will be a sight that you might have never imagined in your dreams. The entire campsite will be lit up by sparkling fireflies.
Post-June till September, the camping season goes into a deep slumber. During monsoon months the entire region receives a good amount of rainfall. Kalsubai and the other places around become even more beautiful during this time and one can opt for a monsoon trek to Kalsubai Peak. The mountain view gets a gorgeous appearance with enormous vegetation and spectacular cascades.
Why Kalsubai should be your next Camping destination?
Surrounded by the massive mountains and posh foliage, Kalsubai is amongst the most stunning mountains in India which charms a large number of trekkers from all over the globe. The Arthur Lake, Bhandardara Dam, Wildlife Sanctuary, and the forts, make this mountain a perfect getaway to relax and unwind amidst the beauty of nature and a beautiful trekking experience. The sight of mountains, landscapes, forts, water bodies, and the lush green plantation makes it a paradise. Camping on Highest Peak Mt. Kalsubai is going to make you feel the most alive. It's about time that you move up to the next level of your escapade and soak in the organic ecstasy of camping at the highest peak of Maharashtra! Also, endeavoring to hike the most bucket-listed mountain in the Sahyadri provides a boundless sense of accomplishment. The best time for camping in the winter and summer months. The Kalsubai trekking trail is equally enjoyable during the winter and summer months. This camping trekking experience is ideal for weekend travel around Mumbai and Pune.
Kalsubai Camping plan for the day
After reaching the base village Kalsubai trekking and camping Bari Maharashtra, we will have some snacks and hot beverages, which will give us energy for the long trek ahead. Around 5.30 pm we will start our journey to our campsite at the top. The Kalsubai trek can be divided into three parts. When we reach the carved steps and then the ladder from Bari Village, we will have covered 1/3rd of the trek.
In between, we will witness the most mesmerizing sunset of myriad hues while climbing to the highest peak of Maharashtra. After all the ladders are done, 2/3rd of the Trek is completed, and after a leisurely walk on the plateau, we will finally be at our Kalsubai campsite at 9 pm.
Kalsubai night camping tents will already be pitched, and all you have to do is crawl inside them and rest your weary muscles. Camping at Kalsubai is impressive on a new moon night as you can see the stars and the Milkyway in full glory. Soon, dinner comprising all the authentic Maharashtrian delicacies will be served to you. Believe us, the food is delicious, but it will be all the more worthwhile and tasty because of our efforts to reach till here.
What a joy it will be to eat a well-earned meal, on top of a mountain, under the open sky, with your favorite people. We will be camping under the stars and moonlight at the highest peak of Maharashtra, and that for sure is going to be a thrilling experience. After dinner, we will set up a bonfire and sit around it to gaze at the starry sky and share our stories and experiences. Those who are tired can sleep the night away in the tents as we still have the last part to the top to cover. Those who want to stay awake can wait till 4 am to behold the milky-way with their naked eyes and spot several constellations.
At the break of dawn, the tweeting of birds will wake us up. Sahyadri Kalsubai trekking camping is famous for its sunrise views. It is time to complete the remaining journey to the top to catch the beautiful sunrise as the dawn progresses at Kalsubai. In just about 45 minutes, we will reach the final ladder till the Kalsubai summit. No sooner than you touch the peak of Kalsubai, you will be stunned to see the uninterrupted bird's-eye views of the sparkling water bodies, encircling mountains, and swanky foliage everywhere.
The vistas and sight from the peak are worth all the effort and pain you took to reach the top. It gets freezing atop Kalsubai before sunrise, accompanied by strong winds. We will be snuggled up next to each other till we wait for the sun to make an appearance and bless us. The fenced summit offers a decent expanse of smooth land which embraces the holy shrine of the resident goddess Kalsubai.
You can catch a glimpse of the serene backwaters of Bhandardara and Arthur Lake, famous for camping. One can identify several scenic mountain ranges. Forts such as Ramshej, Harihargad, Brahmagiri, Anjaneri, Ghargad, Bahula, Tringalwadi, and Kavnai can be seen to the north. To the east, one can spot Aundha, Vishramgad, and Bitangad. And to the west Alang, Madangad, Kulang, Ratangad south west and to the south Pabhargad, Ghanchakkar and Harishchandragad. For more events, please click on our upcoming event floating button.
After watching the sunrise, we will start our descent to the Sahyadri Kalsubai trekking camping at Bari village. It will take upto three hours to reach the village. It will be hot now, and it is essential to wear a cap, full sleeves clothing, and carry enough water to stay hydrated. Around the ladder section, monkeys will try to snatch food items from your bag. Please make sure your bag is covered with a rain cover, making it harder for them to reach your back pockets and sections.
It will take roughly three hours to reach the Kalsubai night camping start point. Once we reach the start point, we will begin our journey back to Kasara, Pune, Mumbai, depending on the current itinerary.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )