Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Trek
Prabalmachi Located near Shedung Phata is the base village for two famous treks Kalavantin Durg and Prabalgad. Prabalmachi Village offers basic camping comforts for the enthusiast with great views. You can see Karnala Fort, Panvel City , Matheran , Irshalgad , Morbe Dam from Prabalmachi and by climbing nearby forts. It is a very popular trekking destination near Navi Mumbai. Lush green forest and excellent trekking opportunity are available around Prabalmachi. Locals take utmost care of campers by providing homestay or tents with home cooked food. Pre-monsoon you can see fireflies glowing around the village like dance of fireflies.
Prabalmachi Camping is high on the list for trekkers places to visit near Mumbai, A relaxing weekend getaway from Mumbai. It is regularly featured by all magazines and websites as excellent travel destination places near Mumbai. Prabalmachi Camping has grown into a popular tourist place near Mumbai in summer. Join us Treks and Trails India a leading trekking group in Mumbai.
Kalavantin durg was used as a watch tower and is located right next to Prabalgad Fort on the old Mumbai Pune route. The beauty of this trek is the amazing rock cut steps that zig zag their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. One can get a panoramic view from the top, not to mention the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs.
Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Trek Batches
9th 10th November
7th 8th December
16th 17th November
14th 15th December
23rd 24th November
21st 22nd December
30th November 1st December
28th 29th December
|31st Dec - 1st Jan (New year special)|
- Prabalmachi night trek difficulty level: Medium
- Region Panvel near Shedung Phata
- Total time required for climbing: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Thakurwadi
- Duration: 1 day and 1 night
- Cost: Rs. 1200/- per person
Kalavantin Trek with Prabalmachi Camping Itinerary
Train Timings from CSMT
- 16:35 CSMT
- 17:04 Kurla
- 17:24 Vashi
- 17:33 Nerul
- 17:55 Panvel
Train Timings from Thane
- 16:48 Thane
- 17:05 Koparkhairane
- 17:17 Nerul
- 17:29 Kharghar
- 17:40 Panvel
Day One -Saturday
18:00 Assemble outside of Panvel Railway Station near the ticket counter.
18:15 Move towards base village Thakurwadi by private vehicle.
19:00 Reach Thakurwadi and ascend to Prabalmachi village.
22:00 Reach Prabalgadmachi village and dinner.
Day Two - Sunday
05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
05:30 Start ascending Kalavantin Durg.
07:00 Reach on top and explore.
08:00 Start descending to Prabalmachi.
09:30 Reach Prabalmachi and have breakfast.
10:30 Descend to Thakurwadi.
12:00 Reach Thakurwadi and move toward Panvel by Bus or private vehicle.
13:00 Reach Panvel railway station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Kalavantin Trek is optional, if you don't want to do, you relax at campsite.
- For Kalavantin Trek proper trek shoes and torch are compulsory. Otherwise will not allow to do trek.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by private vehicle.
- 1 veg Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Tent 2 People Sharing Basis - Blanket, Mat
- Changing Rooms
- Kalavantin Durg Trek
- Basic First Aid
- Guide & Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost till Panvel and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd