Prabalmachi Located near Shedung Phata is the base village for two famous treks Kalavantin Durg and Prabalgad. Prabalmachi Village offers basic camping comforts for the enthusiast with great views. You can see Karnala Fort, Panvel City , Matheran , Irshalgad , Morbe Dam from Prabalmachi and by climbing nearby forts. It is a very popular trekking destination near Navi Mumbai. Lush green forest and excellent trekking opportunity are available around Prabalmachi. Locals take utmost care of campers by providing homestay or tents with home cooked food. Pre-monsoon you can see fireflies glowing around the village like dance of fireflies.
Prabalmachi Camping is high on the list for trekkers places to visit near Mumbai, A relaxing weekend getaway from Mumbai. It is regularly featured by all magazines and websites as excellent travel destination places near Mumbai. Prabalmachi Camping has grown into a popular tourist place near Mumbai in summer. Join us Treks and Trails India a leading trekking group in Mumbai.
- One Night & One Day
- Type - Camping Village
- Fort Range - Panvel
- Trek Difficulty - Easy to Medium
- 04:35 pm CST
- 05:04 pm Kurla
- 05:24 pm Vashi
- 05:33 pm Nerul
- 05:55 pm Panvel
Day 1 - Saturday Evening
- 6:00 pm - Assemble outside of Panvel Railway Station.
- 6:15 pm - Move towards base village "Thakurwadi" by private vehicle
- 7:00 pm - Reach "Thakurwadi" and start our trek - time required for prabalmachi camping trek 2.5 & 3 hours
- 10:00 pm - After complete 2:30 hours trek we will stay overnight in Prabalmachi village. Have a dinner and enjoy the night.
- 12:00 am - Rest for the day.
Day 2 - Sunday
- 8:00 am - Wakeup call, refreshments, breakfast, Photography, Take rest for some time
- 10:00 am - Start descends to Thakurwadi trek
- 11:30 pm - Start the journey to Panvel
- 1:00 pm - Move toward Panvel
- 2:00 pm - Reach Panvel railway station.
- Activities - Camping, Campfire, Trekking, Tent Stay.
- Rains are expected - Tents will be exposed to elements
- Tents can get wet due to moisture in air / heavy rains
- Camping under rains only for adventurous people
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by private vehicle.
- One Dinner - (Veg / Non-Veg) (Saturday)
- One Breakfast (Sunday)
- Tent 2 People Sharing Basis - Blanket, Mat
- Changing Rooms
- Basic First Aid
- Guide & Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets to Panvel.
- Any personal expenses.
Click on the link: Things to carry
1. Where are fireflies found around Prabalmachi ?
During premonsoon period starting last week of may till monsoon starts, Fireflies can be found around prabalmachi village
2. Where to see fireflies around Mumbai and Pune ?
Fireflies can be seen at Prabalmachi Village , Rajmachi Village , Kothaligad Peth Village , Purushwadi Village , Harishchandragad Fort , Siddhagad Fort trek firefly
3. Things to do at Prabalmachi Camping ?
- Prabalgad Fort trek
- Kalavantin Durg Trek
- Star Gazing and Astro Photography
- Camping and Bon Fire
4. Kalavantin fort most dangerous trek in world ?
- Many website have covered Kalavantin Fort as most dangerous trek or fort in the world.
- It is dangerous as the rock cut steps are highly exposed and weekend attracts huge crowds.
- You can see the magnificent rock cut steps from Prabalgad Fort and admire Kalavantin Fort beauty.
- During monsoon huge crowds crush will be there.
5. Kalavantin Durg trek difficulty
Trek till Prabalmachi is medium climb, Trek from Prabalmachi till Kalavantin Durg Summit is thrilling and difficult.
6. Kalavantin Durg Trek from Pune
You can exit at shedung phata and travel towards Thakurwadi. State transport bus is available from Panvel Bus Depot.