Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Trek
Prabalmachi Located near Shedung Phata is the base village for two famous treks Kalavantin Durg and Prabalgad. Prabalmachi Village offers basic camping comforts for the enthusiast with great views. You can see Karnala Fort, Panvel City , Matheran , Irshalgad , Morbe Dam from Prabalmachi and by climbing nearby forts. It is a very popular trekking destination near Navi Mumbai. Lush green forest and excellent trekking opportunity are available around Prabalmachi. Locals take utmost care of campers by providing homestay or tents with home cooked food. Pre-monsoon you can see fireflies glowing around the village like dance of fireflies.
Prabalmachi Camping is high on the list for trekkers places to visit near Mumbai, A relaxing weekend getaway from Mumbai. It is regularly featured by all magazines and websites as excellent travel destination places near Mumbai. Prabalmachi Camping has grown into a popular tourist place near Mumbai in summer. Join us Treks and Trails India a leading trekking group in Mumbai.
Kalavantin durg was used as a watch tower and is located right next to Prabalgad Fort on the old Mumbai Pune route. The beauty of this trek is the amazing rock cut steps that zig zag their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. One can get a panoramic view from the top, not to mention the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs.
- Prabalmachi night trek difficulty level: Medium
- Region Panvel near Shedung Phata
- Total time required for climbing: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Thakurwadi
- Duration: 1 day and 1 night
- Cost: Rs. 1299/- per person with transport
- Cost Rs 899/- per person without transport
Kalavantin Trek with Prabalmachi Camping Itinerary
Day One -Saturday
16:00 Assemble outside of Panvel Railway Station near the ticket counter.
16:15 Move towards base village Thakurwadi by private vehicle.
17:00 Reach Thakurwadi and ascend to Prabalmachi village.
20:00 Reach Prabalgadmachi village.
Day Two - Sunday
05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
05:30 Start ascending Kalavantin Durg.
07:00 Reach on top and explore.
08:00 Start descending to Prabalmachi.
09:30 Reach Prabalmachi and have breakfast.
10:30 Descend to Thakurwadi.
12:00 Reach Thakurwadi and move toward Panvel by Bus or private vehicle.
13:00 Reach Panvel railway station and disperse.
- Kalavantin Trek is optional, if you don't want to do, you relax at campsite.
- For Kalavantin Trek proper trek shoes and torch are compulsory. Otherwise will not allow to do trek.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by local vehicle (with transport option)
- 1 veg Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Tent stay on sharing basis with mat and blanket
- Kalavantin Durg Trek
- Basic First Aid
- Guide & Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any transportation (without transport option)
- Travel cost till Panvel and back (with transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
1. Best time for Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Durg Trek?
The best time to visit Prabalmachi camping is during winters and Prabalmachi fireflies season. Prabalmachi Camping is open throughout the year. During the monsoon season, it receives heavy rainfall — Prabalmachi jungle covered by fog and lush green woods. After monsoon till the Holi festival, the climate at Prabalmachi Camping is pleasant. Prabalmachi was to be converted into a hill station by the British though the plan did not materialize as there is no significant water source atop the mountain. Winters refreshing wind and grass wet with dew make your hiking experience unforgettable. During summer the place holds a hidden surprise before the monsoon season begins the peaks covered in a blanket of clouds. Just a few weeks before it starts to rain at Prabalmachi fireflies fill the jungle in millions lighting up the whole forest.
2. Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Durg Trek from Pune?
We will meet at Panvel Railway Station near the ticket counter; please check the itinerary for train timings. Our trek leader will take you to our vehicle; we will start our journey to Thakurwadi Village in the car. It takes 30 to 40 minutes to reach Thakurwadi Village. You can reach Panvel via Volvo bus, Train, Private car Panvel is 116km away from Pune. The easiest and cheapest way to reach Panvel is by train as there are multiple options available for the Panvel railway station from Pune. You can also drive down to Thakurwadi village via the Shedung Phata route is easily accessible on google maps.
3. Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Durg Trek from Mumbai?
Prabalmachi located 54 kilometres from Mumbai. You can reach here by hiring outstation taxi till base village Thakurwadi. CSMT to Panvel trains every 20 minutes on the Harbour Railway Line. From Panvel, we provide a private vehicle to reach Thakurwadi village start point of the trek. State Transport buses are available for Thakurwadi village. Rickshaw and Tumtum are available from Bus stand to reach Thakurwadi village. Trekkers who have signed up with us allocated private vehicles to reach Thakurwadi Village.
4. For solo travellers and female travellers is Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Fort safe?
Prabalmachi camping and Kalavantin Fort is entirely safe for women travellers and solo travellers. Village locals check baggage of all trekkers entering the forest for alcohol and drugs it filters out most of the miscreants. Females and men provided different tents for ease and comfort. Couple campers allocated the same tents. Female to Men ratio is 40 to 60 on each trek.
5. Prabalmachi Camping and Kalavantin Durg Panvel activities included in the travel package?
Your travel from Panvel to and fro till Thakurwadi Base, Prabalmachi trek from the base village it takes two hours, total distance till Kalavantin Durg 4 km. Enjoy bonfire and dinner local cuisine and retire for the night. In the morning, explore the tribal village learn about local people and their way of life, watch the inspiring sunrise and hear birds chirping. Those who are interested in summiting Kalavantin Durg can join the trek with the trek leader, and others can relax in the Prabal village. After breakfast will start our descend from Prabalmachi campsite to Thakurwadi base site.
6. Things to do in Prabalmachi? Prabalmachi places to visit?
Prabalgad Fort Trek is a popular destination to visit near Prabalmachi. Trekkers explore the range trek of Kalavantin Durg to Prabalgad to Irshalgad Fort Trek. Prabalgad Fort stands tall at 2300 feet above sea level; it offers panoramic views of Kalavantin Durg, Matheran, Irshalgad, Karnala Fort, Morbe Dam. Prabalmachi offers easy trekking trails for beginners. You can also trek towards Kalavantin Durg fort. You can also see fireflies at Prabalmachi during the season it is viral for camping during that period.
7. Prabalmachi Camping is it available on weekdays?
Prabalmachi camping custom camping we arrange during the weekdays for large groups you can email us or call for a quote. Prabalmachi camping package is available every weekend Saturday from Panvel. Kindly register on our website or enquire with us for any specific requirements.
8. Kalavantin Fort and Prabalmachi Camping Inclusions?
The following included in your package, To and Fro Panvel to Thakurwadi in Private Vehicle, Entry fees to Prabalmachi, Night Dinner and Morning Breakfast and Tea, Night Stay in a tent, Kalavantin Fort Trek.
9. Prabalmachi Fireflies camping and Kalavantin Durg Trek?
Prabalmachi fireflies will be visible during May end and First few weeks of June. Once the monsoon season starts fireflies will not be visible. You can see the fireflies on a trail nearby Prabalmachi village below Prabalgad Fort. Fireflies are not visible during any other time than mentioned above. They come naturally nothing can be guaranteed about their sightings once they are visible we start camping batches.