About Harihar Fort Trek
Harihar fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village. It is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical 90 degrees. The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. A one-meter wide rocky staircase with niches in it is carved out for ascending & descending the fort.
There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase main entrance we walk thru below an overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs with niches, then pass thru a staircase inside the rock like Peth Fort - Kothaligad Fort and then reach the top of the fort. The view from the top is excellent. After climbing these steps, we get up to the entrance door. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking.
Making headway from here we come across a palace having two rooms in it. 10 to 12 persons can be accommodated in this palace. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
Harihar Trek Details
- Harihar Fort Height: 3676 feet approx.
- Harihar Fort Region: Igatpuri
- Trek Difficulty: Tough
- Trek Endurance: High
- Cost: Rs. 900/- per person
Harihar Killa Itinerary
Participant kindly board local Kasara Train train timings are below.
- 21:32 CSMT
- 21:40 Byculla
- 21:50 Dadar
- 22:00 Kurla
- 22:06 Ghatkopar
- 22:27 Thane
- 22:50 Dombivali
- 23:01 Kalyan
- 00:11 Kasara
00:15 Meet at Kasara station and move towards base village.
02:30 Reach at base village.
03:00 Start ascending.
Take small break at machi.
06:00 Reach at top and explore the fort.
07:30 After enjoying sunrise and exploring fort will start descend.
10:00 Reach at base village and have breakfast.
10:30 Start return journey towards Kasara railway station.
13:00 Reach at Kasara station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Harihar Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling Kasara – Nirgudpada – Kasara by local jeep
- 1 veg breakfast
- Treks and Trails India charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres (No side bag or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Please read our Harihar Fort Trek Blog
1. Are Trekking Shoes compulsory for Harihar Fort Trek ?
Trekking Shoes provide waterproofing and excellent grip and help you hike with confidence
2. Harihar Fort best time to visit ?
During Monsoon and Winter would be ideal for Harihar Trek
3. Harihar Fort camping ?
Camping is not allowed at Harihar Fort. You can camp at Igatpuri and proceed for trek in morning
4. Harihar Fort Trek Climate ?
Monsoon this region in Maharashtra receives heavy rainfall during winter it is pleasant around summer it gets hot