About Harihar Fort Trek
Harihar fort appears to be rectangular in shape from its base village. It is built on a triangular prism of rock. Its three faces and two edges are absolutely vertical 90 degrees. The third edge towards the west is inclined at an angle of 75 degrees. A one-meter wide rocky staircase with niches in it is carved out for ascending & descending the fort.
There are 117 steps in all. After you climb the first rocky staircase main entrance we walk thru below an overhang with a sheer drop. Again one has to climb a set of steep stairs with niches, then pass thru a staircase inside the rock like Peth Fort - Kothaligad Fort and then reach the top of the fort. The view from the top is excellent. After climbing these steps, we get up to the entrance door. The fort has got a tapering plateau with a raised level in the middle. There is a small temple of Lord Hanuman and Lord Shiva on the plateau. A small pond is there in front of this temple. Water from this pond can be used for drinking.
Making headway from here we come across a palace having two rooms in it. 10 to 12 persons can be accommodated in this palace. One of the vertical drops of the fort facing the Nirgudpada village is called 'Scottish kada', perhaps because it was climbed for the first time in November 1986 by Doug Scott, the legendary Himalayan mountaineer & took him two days to do the climb. This cliff is about 170 meters in height.
Harihar Trek Details
- Harihar Fort Height is 3676 feet
- Harihar Fort Region is Igatpuri
- Trek Difficulty is Tough
- Trek Endurance is High
Harihar Killa Itinerary
Participant kindly board local Kasara Train train timings are below
- 05:00 Mumbai (CSMT)
- 05:18 Dadar
- 05:56 Thane
- 06:18 Dombivali
- 06:27 Kalyan
- 07:42 Kasara
Treks and Trails Event itinerary for Harihar Trek
- 08:00 Assemble at Kasara Railway Station near ticket counter
- 08:10 Start travel from Kasara to Nirgudpada by ST Bus / Jeep
- 08:30 Breakfast along the way
- 10:00 Reach base Harihar Fort near Nashik
- 10:15 Start Trek toward Harihar
- 13:00 Reach top of Harihar, Explore Harihar fort
- 13:30 Lunch
- 15:00 Start descend
- 16:30 Travel Nirgudpada to Kasara by ST Bus / Jeep
- 18:00 Tea and snacks at Kasara
- 18:30 Disperse at Kasara railway station.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling Kasara – Nirgudpada – Kasara
- 1 breakfast and 1 evening snacks.
- Treks and Trails India charges if any.
Please read our Harihar Fort Trek Blog
1. Are Trekking Shoes compulsory for Harihar Fort Trek ?
Trekking Shoes provide waterproofing and excellent grip and help you hike with confidence
2. Harihar Fort best time to visit ?
During Monsoon and Winter would be ideal for Harihar Trek
3. Harihar Fort camping ?
Camping is not allowed at Harihar Fort. You can camp at Igatpuri and proceed for trek in morning
4. Harihar Fort Trek Climate ?
Monsoon this region in Maharashtra receives heavy rainfall during winter it is pleasant around summer it gets hot