Kothaligad Trek (Peth Fort)
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Monsoon Special Discount on Groups
4 to 5 participants (5% discount): Use coupon code GRP5
6 and above participants (8% discount): Use coupon code GRP8
Kothaligad Monsoon Trek Batches
Kothaligad Monsoon Trek Batches
Kothaligad Trek Event Details
- Kothaligad (Peth) trek difficulty level : Medium.
- Base village for Kothaligad (Peth) : Peth village / Ambivali village.
- Region : Karjat
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Peth Fort - Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali
- Duration - 1 Day
- Kothaligad (Peth) fort height - 3100 feet approx
Kothaligad Monsoon Trek Itinerary
Train timings for Mumbai people
Catch Karjat slow local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat sloaw local timetable
- 05:20 Mumbai CSMT
- 05:28 Byculla
- 05:38 Dadar
- 05:48 Kurla
- 06:15 Thane
- 06:37 Dombivli
- 06:48 Kalyan
- 07:39 Karjat
Train timings for Pune people
Catch Sinhgad Express from Pune
- 06:05 Pune
- 06:10 Shivajinagar
- 07:13 Lonavala
- 07:58 Karjat
08:00 Meet at Karjat railway station, near ticket counter and move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
09:00 Reach at Ambivali and Breakfast.
09:30 Start ascending.
12:30 Reach on top and explore.
16:00 Reach at Ambivali and Lunch.
16:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
18:00 Reach at Karjat railway station.
People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Kothaligad (Peth) Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep.
Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
Travel from Pune to Karjat and back.
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Ambivali?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali?
Two and half hour’s drive from Mumbai 90 km approx
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali?
Three hours drive from Pune - 135 km approx
4. Number of days required for this event?
One Day - One Night
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad - Peth Village?
Food available at base village - During day
6. How much time required climbing Kothaligad Peth ?
2.5 hours one way
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are Toilet Available on Kothaligad (Peth)?
- Not available. During the trek toilets are not available
- Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode
10. Do single traveller’s female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
Kothaligad Trek 2019 | Peth Fort Trek | Trek near Mumbai & Pune
A Monsoon trek to Kothaligad (Peth Fort), witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls.This is best place for trekking enthusiasts in Mumbai & Pune.
Kothaligad is a small Fort is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area, because of its small height and easy climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base.
Read all about Kothaligad Fort which is located in the vicinity of Mumbai and is a perfect weekend getaway.
How do I get to Kothaligad?
From Mumbai. The best way to reach Kothaligad is to take a suburban train going to Karjat and alight at Neral station. From Neral regular shared 6-seater(Vikram/Tum-tum) rickshaw service is available to Kashele. This is charged at Rs 55 per seat.
Kothaligad Fort, aka Fort of Peth, is 3100 feet high fort in Karjat, famous for temples & caves. This is best place for trekking enthusiasts in Maharashtra.
Peth, also known as 'Kothaligad', is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21Km North East of Karjat.
Kothaligad / Peth Fort trek is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area with Witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls.
During monsoon beauty of place on its peak. It is near to mumbai and pune. You have to reached at karjat Railway station on central railway line.
Walk this way for a rejuvenating trek in Maharashtra, short and light enough for the whole family as you visit the Kothaligad fort and learn about the history.
Kothaligad Fort Trek aka Peth fort Trek is best trek near Karjat, Mumbai and Pune. During monsoon, one explore the nature by visiting Peth fort.
Incoming search terms related to Kothaligad:- karjat to kothaligad bus, kothaligad trek mumbai travellers, kothaligad trekshitiz, one day trek to kothaligad, peth fort trek difficulty level, kothaligad night stay, irshalgad, peb fort