Kothaligad Trek - Peth Fort Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are the specialty of the cave. During monsoon, you can see many beautiful waterfalls below the fort. The fort looks like an inverted funnel, it is also known as funnel hill. Kothaligad Fort is famous for its night trek during winter and summer months. During fireflies season one can also spot fireflies near the fort.
Kothaligad Trek Event Details
- Kothaligad trek difficulty level Medium
- Base village for Kothaligad Fort Trek | Peth Fort Trek: Peth village / Ambivali village for car parking
- Peth Fort Region: Karjat, Raigad District
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Fort Trek you will need maximum 2.5 hours from Ambivali
- Peth Fort Trek Duration One Day
- Kothaligad fort height: 3100 feet approx.
- Cost for Kothaligad Trek: Rs. 1299/- per person
Kothaligad Trek Itinerary
Day 1 - Sunday
05:45 Meet at SGNP main gate.
05:55 Leave for Kothaligad trek.
06:15 Meet at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
06:30 Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
06:45 Pick up at Sion station circle.
07:00 Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur.
07:20 Pick up at Vashi below the main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
07:45 Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
09:00 Reach base village and have breakfast.
09:30 Start ascending.
12:00 Reach the top and explore.
13:00 Start descending.
15:30 Reach base village and have Lunch.
16:30 Start return journey towards Mumbai.
20:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
- Those who are coming by their own vehicle, please follow all covid-19 safety guideline and reach at base village on time.
- Due to above issue, if you come late or unable to come, will not provide any refund.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Luch
- Travel by private non-AC vehicle (Bus option)
- Forest entry charges
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till base village and back (without transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Ambivali for Kothaligad Trekking?
Yes, Kothaligad Trekking location is available on google maps. We will provide the meeting location after booking if you are coming by own transport. Please reach on time as per itinerary trek leader won't be able to wait in case you arrive late. No refund shall be provided if you miss the trek start timing. You have signed up for a group event kindly cooperate.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali? Mumbai to Kothaligad distance?
Two and half hour’s drive from Mumbai 90 km approx. Kothaligad trek distance is 6.5 kilometers one way.
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali? Pune to Kothaligad distance?
Three hours drive from Pune - 135 km approx. Kothaligad trek distance is 6.5 kilometers one way.
4. The number of days required for Kothaligad Trekking?
One Night and One Day is required for Kothaligad Fort Night Trek. One Day for a monsoon Kothaligad trek Karjat.
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad - Peth Village?
Food available at the base village during the day
6. How much time required climbing the Kothaligad Trek route?
2.5 to 3 hours one way will be required for this Kothaligad Hikes.
7. Where can we park our cars at Karjat Kothaligad Trek?
Peth Kothaligad Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge at Kothaligad Karjat ?
Yes, parking space is available at Peth Kothaligad base village. Locals might ask for parking fees.
9. Is Toilet Available on Kothaligad Fort?
- Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available
- Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House eastern style commode from where we will begin the trek.
10. Do single traveler’s female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events, Single traveling females join our events. Kids and senior citizens have also successfully completed summit to Kothaligad Fort.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks near Mumbai?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available. Food is simple and nutritious, the taste will be different as it is cooked by locals.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway / Google pay
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity or charging points are available during the trek. Please carry a power bank if required. The cell phone range is limited.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 30 degree - Day 39 degree approx. During monsoon, heavy rains are expected please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets to protect them. During winter and summer please wear full sleeves T-shirt and full track pants to avoid sunburns, prickly thorns, insect bites.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
No smoking, chewing tobacco, drinking, smoking hookah, drugs are not allowed on our treks. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis. Participants creating trouble will be asked to leave the event without a refund.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside homestay. Music is not allowed you will miss out on important instruction being passed by trek leader. You can enjoy the sounds of nature in the outdoors while hiking.
21. How do I make payment for Kothaligad Fort Trek?
You can pay online on our website on the book now button. In case your question is not listed above you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have the option to pay using UPI | Google Pay | Paytm | IMPS. You can click on the book now button all options are available to complete your payment.
22. Mumbai to Kothaligad Fort Trek Distance?
Kothligad Fort located 90 km from Mumbai, You can drive till base village we will provide you the google maps. The fort near Karjat is easily reachable by road till base village.
23. Which is the best season to see Kothaligad Fireflies?
Before monsoon starts, you can see fireflies at Kothaligad Fort. Mostly during the months of May and June.
24. Kothaligad Map? Peth fort trek route map?
Kothaligad Trek 2021 | Peth Fort Trek | Trek near Mumbai & Pune
A Monsoon Trek to Kothaligad Fort witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Mumbai & Pune. Kothaligad Fort is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area, because of its small height and thrill climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base. Kothaligad Top offers 360-degree views of the Sahyadri ranges. Kothaligad Fort which is located in the vicinity of Mumbai and is a perfect weekend getaway.
How do I get to Kothaligad Trek Karjat? How to reach Kothaligad from Mumbai? How to go to kothaligad trek?
From Mumbai. The best way to reach Kothaligad is to take a suburban train going to Karjat and alight at Neral station. From Neral regularly shared 6-seater Vikram | Tum-tum rickshaw service is available to Kashele. This is charged at Rs 55 per seat. Kothaligad Fort, aka Fort of Peth, is 3100 feet high fort in Karjat, famous for temples & caves. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Maharashtra. Peth, also known as 'Kothaligad', is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21 Km North East of Karjat.
Kothaligad Fort or Kothaligad Peth Fort trek is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area with Witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. During the monsoon beauty of the place on its peak. It is near to Mumbai and Pune. You have to reach Karjat Railway station on the central railway line. Walk this way for a rejuvenating trek in Maharashtra, short and light enough for the whole family as you visit the Kothaligad fort and learn about the Kothaligad history. Kothaligad to Mumbai public transport is difficult to find late in the evening please plan your trek accordingly. Karjat to Kothaligad local sharing rickshaw are available and State transport bus also.
Are you looking for a new adventure, Kothaligad in monsoon?
Kothaligad is the perfect destination for monsoon trekking near Karjat and exploring. It's an untouched paradise with lush green forests, waterfalls, caves and rock-cut steps—the weather in Kothaligad in monsoon beautiful all around, from fog to rain to sunshine to high winds. You can explore it with Treks and Trails India. So book a trek with us!
We have Kothaligad Trek in monsoon suitable for everyone whether you're an experienced hiker or want to see what the fuss is about! With our expert guides and our affordable rates, we'll make sure you get the best experience possible at Kothaligad. So book your trek with us today! Read Kothaligad trek blog by our trek leader. For Kothaligad images please click on the photogallery on top right corner of the page.
Do you want to explore the beauty of the Kothaligad Peth trek?
Explore the monsoon in the Kothaligad Peth trek. Trek near Karjat Raigad district through lush green forests, hike up waterfalls and take in stunning views. Enjoy a challenging hike near Mumbai or a leisurely walk with your family. You can do it all here!
The best way to experience Kothaligad (Peth) fort by booking a trek today! We have trekking near Karjat, Raigad District, for every level of fitness and interest. So whether you're looking for something challenging or relaxing, the Kothaligad trek route is a perfect fit for you. Kothaligad height is 3100 feet above sea level. So book now before time runs out! So please chat with us right now to book your trek today!
Places to visit near Kothaligad Fort trekking in Karjat?
Treks and Trails India offer trekking tours in India that are designed to be adventurous and exciting. Places to visit near Karjat fort Kothaligad Fort are Solanpada waterfall Neral, Bhimashankar, Garbett Point Trek, Sondai Fort, Peb Fort, Nakhind Ridge, Diksal Waterfall, Bhivpuri Waterfall.
You can choose from many different routes in the Western Ghats. Our expert guides will lead you through some of the most beautiful landscapes near Mumbai. Explore with us! We want to show you what it means to live life adventurously and enjoy every moment of it. Let's go together!