About Sondai Fort Trek
Sondai is not popular fort. Sondai is 9 kms from Karjat. It offers beautiful view of Morbe Dam, Prabalgad, Irshal, Rajmachi, Songiri forts and Matheran mountain range. Sondai was used as watch tower. Sondewadi and Wavarle are the base villages of Sondai fort. Sondewadi village is situated at 1/4th height of this fort. There are 2 water cisterns on and steps are carved out of rocks to go on the topmost point where an idol of Sondai Devi stands. Two more water cisterns are on the way and has potable water. Waverle is another village from where a bit difficult approach to the fort passes through the dense forest.
Batches for Sondai Fort Trek 2019
- 23rd June 2019
- 7th July 2019
Sondai Fort Monsoon Trek Event Itinerary
Train option for Mumbai participants
Catch CSMT - Karjat local
CSTM - Karjat local timing
- 06:10 CSMT
- 06:18 Byculla
- 06:24 Dadar
- 06:31 Kurla
- 06:35 Ghatkopar
- 06:49 Thane
- 06:57 Dombivali
- 07:02 Kalyan
- 08:05 Karjat
Train options for Pune participants
Board Sinhgad express from Pune
- 06.05 Pune
- 06:10 Shivaji Nagar
- 06:28 Pimpri
- 06:33 Chinchwad
- 07:13 Lonavala
- 07:58 Karjat
08:05 Meet at Karjat railway station, near ticket counter.
08:15 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
08:45 Reach at Sondewadi and Breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
11:30 Reach on top and explore.
14:30 Reach at Sondewadi and Lunch.
15:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
16:30 Reach at Karjat railway station.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Sondai Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Please carry pack lunch.
- Please wear trekking shoes for this trek with good grip.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local tumtum/bus
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch for the Day is Exluded
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Karjat and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Lunch for the trek.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
1. Can we drive till Sondewadi?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Sondewadi?
Two hours drive from Mumbai 70 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Sondewadi?
Two and half hours drive from Pune - 115 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Sondai?
No. Food available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Sondai?
2-2.5 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Sondai fort?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com