Irshalgad Fort Trek
Irshalgad derived its name from Irshal that means the top and 'gad' means the fort. This fort served as a watchtower in previous times due to its pinnacle. It was easy to keep a check over enemy movements around the fort. This trek to Irshalgad fort will test your endurance all through the trek putting forth various inclines and flat trails.
Irashalgad Fort Details
- Location - Between Matheran and Panvel
- Elevation - 3700 feet above sea level
- Difficulty level - high
Cost for Irshalgad Fort Trek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 800/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1500/- per person
Irshalgad Trek Itinerary
- 05:45 Meet at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
- 06:00 Leave for Irashalgad fort trek.
- 06:15 Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on highway), Bandra.
- 06:30 Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 06:45 Pick up at Diamond garden, Chembur.
- 07:15 Pick up at Vashi below main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
- 07:35 Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
- 09:00 Reach at base village and breakfast.
Irshalgad Fort Trek Short Itinerary
- 09:30 Start ascending.
- 12:30 Reach the top and explore.
- 13:30 Have a lunch at machi.
- 14:30 Start descending.
- 16:30 Reach at base and start return journey towards Mumbai.
- 20:30 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
- Those who are coming by their own vehicle, please follow all covid-19 safety guideline and reach at base village on time.
- Due to above issue, if you come late or unable to come, will not provide any refund.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Travel by private non-Ac bus (with transport option)
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till base village (without transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Challenges during Irshalgad Fort Trek
- Slippery trail
- Drizzle and rain
- Hot and humid weather
- Fear to go the wrong way, without a map
- No food and accommodation on the way.
Rewards Irshalgad Fort
- Breathtaking views with the first hike.
- Test of stamina
- Easy climb midway
- Views of high paddy fields
- Numerous caves
- Rock cut water cisterns
- Morbe dam in the view
This trek offers everything all through the way. The glimpse of the pinnacle hiding in the clouds returns the efforts you put in to climb the top. Breathlessness, tired feet, sore muscles; everything caused while hiking seems to pay; once you look at the Irshalgad pinnacle, standing head held high!
These breathtaking views give a break from the hectic daily life, offering the test of endurance to its trekkers. This high difficulty level trek is surely rewarding once you reach the top, crossing every obstacle the trek puts forth!