‘Nakhind’ has a natural rock peak with a cavity in it at the top which is called 'Nedhe' or 'Nosehole; formed by natural erosion. Why is it called as Nakhind ? Cause the hill has seems itself like a Human Nose. Nakhind is noted for its gentle slope and dense forest route. The top is a narrow forested ridge, running in the north-south direction. From one side of Nakhind we can see Chanderi Pinnacle.This gentle hill is excellent for relaxed, easy walks and nature lovers.
- 6th July 2019
- 3rd August 2019
Nakhind Trek Details
- Trek difficulty level: Medium
- Endurance level: Medium
- Location: Vangani
- Cost: Rs. 600/- per person
Nakhind Monsoon Trek Itinerary
Catch CSMT-Karjat slow local
CSMT – Karjat slow local timetable.
- 05:20 Mumbai CSMT
- 05:28 Byculla
- 05:38 Dadar
- 05:48 Kurla
- 06:15 Thane
- 06:37 Dombivli
- 06:48 Kalyan
- 07:15 Vangani
07:20 Meet at Vangani station and have breakfast
07:45 Move towards base village by local vehicle
08:15 Reach at base village and start ascending.
11:00 Reach at top explore and lunch.
12:00 Start descending.
15:00 Reach at base village and move towards Vangani station.
15:30 Reach at Vangani station and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Nakhind Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Please carry packed lunch for this trek.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel Vangani station to base and back by local Jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Vangani and back
- Lunch for the trek
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Lunch for the trek
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles