About Ajoba Hills Trek
Ajoba Hills Trek is one of the highest peaks in Sahyadri. One of the best places to trek near Mumbai. Which can be climbed either from the eastern or from the western side. The climb from the eastern side takes a longer time. There is a Valmiki Ashram at halfway to the fort. The rest path to the top is said to be risky during monsoon. Near the Ashram, there is a small hut where we can stay. A small water stream provides us with pure water. The way beyond Ashram leads to a rivulet, crossing which we can reach the cave of ‘LUV-KUSH’. To reach this spot we have to ascend the way of the waterfall for one and a half hours. Above this cave, there is a precipice called ‘Cradle of Sitamai’. In the cave, there are the carved “Padukas” or the footprints of Luv and Kush. This precipice is a real challenge for trekkers. An ashram is a sacred place and people from all over Maharashtra come here. There are some carved stones near the ashram, on which some carved idols depict some story. Ajoba Trek is a popular trekking destination during the monsoon and winter season.
Recommended train timing - Asangaon. Please board the 2nd compartment from ahead (Kasara end). This is a train till Asangaon - slow local.
- 05:14 CST
- 05:32 Dadar
- 05:43 Kurla
- 06:10 Thane
- 06:41 Kalyan
- 07:20 Asangaon
Event Itinerary Ajoba Hills trek
- 07:30 Report at Asangaon railway station
- 07:45 Group introduction/orientation and have breakfast.
- 08:15 Reach the base village by bus or jeep.
- 09:15 Reach base village
- 09:30 Start trek
- 12:30 Reach in Valmiki ashram, lunch at the ashram
- 14:30 Start descending Ajoba fort trek.
- 17:30 Reach at base village, travel to Asangaon by Bus / Jeep
- 19:00 Group disperses at the Asangaon railway station.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Asangaon to Dehne and back
- 1 veg breakfast, 1 evening tea.
What is NOT included in the tour
Anything not mentioned in cost includes
Things to carry
- Haversack and sweater / windcheater to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3lts.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional).
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Good trekking shoes
- 1 extra pair of clothes.
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
- Carry one time meal (Lunch) for this trek.
- Email - email@example.com
- Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
- Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/