About Sudhagad Trek
The only fort which was considered before Raigad for establishing as the capital of Shiv Swarajya, Sudhagad is a gigantic fort with a huge plateau atop. Tactfully fortified this was one of the mightiest and inaccessible forts of that time. A well-built temple of Bhorai Devi is the only place for shelter atop. There is Deep mala in front of the temple. Few remnants of Tulsi Vrindavan lay in the vicinity. The main attraction on this fort is the Maha Darwaja at Dhomse side which is an exact replica of the Maha Darwaja at Raigad, and still is in good shape.
Sudhagad Trek Details
- Sudhagad Trek difficulty Level: Medium
- Sudhagad fort base village: Thakurwadi
- Time required to climb Sudhagad: 3 hrs (one way)
- Cost: Rs. 1,399,/- per person
Trek to Sudhagad Event Itinerary
- 10:45 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate.
- 11:00 pm - Leave for the trek.
- 11:30 pm - Pick up at Andheri WEH.
- 11:45 pm - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
- 12:00 am - Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 12:15 am - Pick up at Diamond garden, Chembur.
- 12:45 am - Pick up at Vashi Plaza.
- 01:05 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
03:30 am Reach base village and rest in a bus.
05:00 am Freshen up
05.30 am Breakfast at base village
06:00 am Start ascending to Sudhagad Fort
09:00 am Reach the Fort and explore the Fort
10:30 am Start descending the Fort
01:00 pm Lunch at the base village
02:30 pm Start return journey towards Mumbai
08:00 pm Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast, 1 veg Lunch
- Travel by private non-Ac vehicle
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Things to Carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
1. Can we drive till Sudhagad, Pali, Thakurwadi?
Yes, you drive to the base village there is space for parking near the village. Locals might charge parking fees.
2. Distance Sudhagad Trek from Mumbai to Thakurwadi Base Village?
Sudhagad Trek from Mumbai is three and half hours drive from Mumbai 120 kilometers approx.
3. Distance Sudhagad Trek from Pune to Thakurwadi Base Village?
Sudhagad Trek from Pune is three and half hours drive from Pune 140 kilometers approx.
4. Number of days required for this Sudhagad Fort Trek?
We have planned a one-day trek to Sudhagad Fort Trek.
5. Is there food available on Sudhagad Fort Trek?
Food is available at base village. There are no Dhabas along the trek route. Please carry some snacks and enough water for this trek.
6. How much time is required to trek to Sudhagad?
We will need two hours one way to trek to Sudhagad Fort from the base village.
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Sudhagad?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Sudhagad Fort Trek, Pali | Monsoon Treks near Raigad & Mumbai
Sudhagad trek blog
A Monsoon trek to Sudhagad Fort enjoys lush green paddy fields, higher ramparts of the fort. Best weekend trek near Mumbai & Raigad.Sudhagad, also popularly known as Bhorapgad, is a hill fort situated in Maharashtra, India. It lies about 53 kilometres west of Pune, 26 kilometres south of Lonavala and 11 kilometres east of Pali in Raigad District. The summit is 620 metres above sea level. Recently the entire area around the fort is declared as Sudhagad Wildlife Sanctuary. The best place for one day trek is also for beginners; the base village is Thakurwadi.
There are rumours that Sudhagad is haunted, but you should ignore such mischievous videos and blogs as they are clickbait. Sudhagad Fort is excellent for night photography one can spot the beautiful Milkyway Galaxy on a new moon night. It is also a popular sunrise trek during the winters and summer.
You can combine the trek with Pali mandir visit, Sarasgad Fort Trek, Kolad River Rafting, Devkund Waterfall Trek or Andharban Forest Trek in the winters. Sudhagad Fort Trek falls under the Pune Pimpri forest department, which regularly bans the Sudhagad trek during the monsoon season.
Sudhagad is situated near Pali village in Maharashtra, which is almost 120 km from Mumbai. You can easily reach here from Imagica to Pali road. Sudhagadh fort lies at a distance of about 26 km to the south of the hill station of Lonavala. The road from Lonavala to Pimpri to Tamhini Ghat to the fort is terrible; an SUV is recommended for driving here.
Sudhagad is one of the best hill forts near Pune; it has a massive plateau. The fort is located in the Pali region, which lies towards Kolad, famous for river rafting. Ideal place for a one day trek. To thoroughly explore the fort would recommend a night stay. Multiple gates and trek routes will lead you to the fort to explore with a more extended stay. The fort is famous for the Range trek of Korigad To Sudhagad. We conducted during the winter months.
Sudhagad Fort is also known as Bhorapgad, located near the Sarasgad Fort, Maharashtra. The fort was named Bhorapgad after the Goddess Bhoraidevi. Trekkers also use the temple for night stay who are on a range trek. There is a small Wada atop the fort where you can stay; one of the rooms has utensils to cook you can collect water from a nearby spring or multiple tanks. A family of shepherds resides in the fort. They are accommodating and can provide milk for tea and breakfast.
Sudhagad is approximately 10 kms from Sarasgad Fort. Sudhagad has an extensive plateau on top with lakes and ponds in the rainy season. A new ladder was installed on a problematic rock patch making the trek route very safe. The fort is famous for spotting many species of snakes and birds. It covers a large area and is also maintained well.
Sudhagad trek is a short and sweet weekend gateway for trekkers from Mumbai and Pune. The fort is almost equidistant from both the cities.Enjoy an exciting Sudhagad trek in Pali and revel in the fantastic nature around the place with your family and all your friends! True adventure awaits!
We have written a complete guide to reach Sudhagad fort from Mumbai and Pune by public transport on a shoestring budget. Surrounded by lush green grass and landscapes, the trek route towards Sudhagad is beautiful and scintillating.
Sudhagad is just approximately 10 kms from Pali Ganpati Mandir, Ballaleshwar Pali. Where another fort Sarasgad is situated above the city. Thanale Caves and Khadsamble caves are also nearby.An amalgamation of ancient architecture and adventure, this fort is perfect if you've been looking for something offbeat in the trek department.
Places to visit on your Sudhagad Fort Trek Places visited on the fort are Bhorai Devi Mandir, Pant Sachiv Wada, Chor Darwaja, Takmak Tok, Shiv Mandir.
Incoming search terms related to Sudhagad Fort: sudhagad fort ghera sudhagad, maharashtra, how to reach sudhagad fort from mumbai by train, tailbaila to sudhagad trek, sudhagad trek distance from pune, sarasgad fort, sudhagad trekshitiz, raigad fort, rajgad fort