- Sorry no more departures available. You could get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to make a booking.
Andharban Trek, Jungle Trek - Monsoon Trek From Mumbai
Andharban, by its name, means a dark dense forest. It is a gradual descend trek, where you are already on height and you will descend till end. It is one of the most beautiful treks and lots of things to explore. We will be walking on a ridge offering an awesome view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat. Evergreen forest covers you with shade in the first half of the trek (6-8 km). The trek further descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 km). The same valley where is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting.
Monsoon Special Discount on Groups
4 to 5 participants (5% discount): Use coupon code GRP5
6 and above participants (8% discount): Use coupon code GRP8
Note: As per forest department notice, Andharban Trek will be closed after 15th July 2019 till 31st August 2019.
Andharban Jungle Trek batches
|August 2019||September 2019|
|31st August 1st September||7th 8th September|
|13th 14th September|
|14th 15th September|
|21st 22nd September|
|27th 28th September|
|28th 29th September|
Pune Participant please click on this URL - Click here for Pune batches
Andharban Monsoon Trek Details
- Type: Valley / Jungle descend the trail
- Range: Mulshi, Pune
- Base Village: Tamhini
- Grade: Medium
- Trek Distance: 13 Km
- Cost: Rs. 1400/- per person
Andharban Jungle Trek Itinerary
23:00 Meeting at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar (East)
23:15 Leave for Andharban trek
23:30 Chembur Diamond Garden
24:00 Vashi below the main bridge near Vashi Plaza
00:30 Kalamboli Mc Donald’s
Reach Tamhini village and rest in the bus till 06.00.
06:00 Wakeup call.
07:30 Starts trek towards Andharban
11:30 Lunch Break - Hirdi plateau
12:30 Starts trek towards Bhira Dam
15:00 Reach at Bhira Dam.
15:30 Departure to Mumbai
23:00 Reaching Mumbai tentatively
- Please wear proper trek shoes.
- If trek route is not good after Hirdi village will return to Pimpari dam. Will not descend towards Bhira dam.
What is included in the tour
- Dadar to Dadar travel by private non-AC vehicle
- 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg lunch(Pithal Bhakari) and evening tea
- Forest entry charges
- Treks and Trails India charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Andharban Trek -Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
Monsoon Precaution and Safety
- Kindly carry dry bag or plastic bags for dry clothes, wallet, money, camera, phone, gadgets
- Bag or Backpack with rain cover
- Wear Good Trekking shoes with good grip ( campus trekking shoes )
- Use Odmos or other repellents to keep bugs and mosquitoes away
- Wear only full sleeves / cap / full pants / dark coloured clothes
- Keep handy information on nearest railway station / bus stop / taxi stand
- Listen to Trek leader and always stay in group
- Inform Family / Friends about where about
- Avoid taking selfies near risky places
- listening to music on earphones or speakers.
1. Can we drive till Tamhini Ghat?
Yes, Please note in case you don't reach on time we won't wait for you as there is no network and road has high-density fog.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Tamhini Ghat?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 165 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Tamhini?
Two and Half hours drive from Pune - 70 km approx.
4. The number of days required for Andharban Monsoon Trek event?
One day is required to complete the trek.
5. Is there food available on Andharban?
No. Food is available at base village, we are on a tight time schedule.
6. How much time required to Andharban trek?
3-3.5 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
Yes, payable to locals.
9. Is toilet available on Andharban trek?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available.
10. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular service.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20C - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
You can Whatsapp us 8828004949 - 9764461419
Andharban Trek 2019 | Monsoon Trek | Treks near Mumbai & Pune
Get lost in the dark dense forest of Andharban! We organize monsoon treks including transportation from Mumbai & Pune, meals and expert trek leaders.
Everything You Need To Know About Andharban Trek
If you are planning on undertaking the Andharban Trek, here is all you need to know to have a great trip. Read our ultimate guide on the Andharban jungle trek. Located in the Sahyadris, Andharban literally means Dark forest Do the trek for its forest trails and an outstanding view.
The trek through Andharban is one of the most refreshing treks in the Sahyadri region. Andharban Trek - must do jungle trek near Mumbai in monsoon. Just Walk in the middle of Andharban dark jungle, find routes, cross ghats, take the view of valleys.
Andharban trek is a long walk through streams and a dense dark forest crossing several waterfalls. Caution and a local guide is a must!. Andharban near Pune is a part of the Sahyadri range that connects Tamhini Ghat to the Konkan region. Andharban Trek means dense dark forest. Andharban trek organized by Treks and Trails India brings you the magnificent nature path of dark Forest which is near from Mumbai and Pune. Andharban, itself means dense dark forest. Andharban is one of the most popular treks in the rainy season. Enjoy this Adventurous Andharban Trek in this Monsoon.
Lost in the Andharban jungle!! Tumbled down some eight-ten feet!! Ripped my clothes. Felt the hunger!! Lost the Devkund waterfall trail!! It is the best Jungle trek one can ever Enjoy! It spreads along the vast area of the Sahyadris starting from a bit ahead of Pimpri village passing through the Kundalika Valley and then the dark forest patch and open plateau above and a descent reaching to the Bhira Dam!