Andharban Trek, Jungle Trek - Monsoon Trek From Mumbai
Andharban, by its name, means a dark dense forest. It is a gradual descend trek, where you are already on height and you will descend till end. It is one of the most beautiful treks and lots of things to explore. We will be walking on a ridge offering an awesome view of the Kundalika Valley, Bhira dam and the mountain ranges of Tamhini ghat. Evergreen forest covers you with shade in the first half of the trek (6-8 km). The trek further descends down in Konkan to reach Bhira (4 km). The same valley where is the origin of the Kundalika river famous for its white water river rafting.
Andharban Monsoon Trek Details
- Type: Valley / Jungle descend the trail
- Range: Mulshi, Pune
- Base Village: Tamhini
- Grade: Medium
- Trek Distance: 13 Km
- Cost: Rs. 1599/- per person
Andharban Forest Trek Itinerary
- 09:45 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate.
- 10:00 pm - Leave for the trek.
- 10:30 pm - Pick up at Andheri WEH.
- 10:45 pm - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
- 11:00 pm - Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 11:15 pm - Pick up at Diamond garden, Chembur.
- 11:45 pm - Pick up at Vashi Plaza.
- 12:05 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
Reach at Pimpri village and rest in the bus.
06:00 Freshen up and breakfast.
07:00 Starts trek towards Andharban.
11:30 Reach at Hirdi plateau.
12:00 Starts return trek towards Pimpri Dam.
15:00 Reach at Pimpri Dam.
Have a Lunch.
16:00 Departure to Mumbai
23:30 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
- Please wear proper trekking shoes.
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private non-AC vehicle
- 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg lunch(Pithal Bhakari) and evening tea
- Forest entry charges
- Treks and Trails India charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield (must)
- Sanitizer (must)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Monsoon Precaution and Safety
- Kindly carry dry bag or plastic bags for dry clothes, wallet, money, camera, phone, gadgets
- Bag or Backpack with rain cover
- Wear Good Trekking shoes with good grip ( campus trekking shoes )
- Use Odmos or other repellents to keep bugs and mosquitoes away
- Wear only full sleeves / cap / full pants / dark coloured clothes
- Keep handy information on nearest railway station/bus stop/taxi stand
- Listen to Trek leader and always stay in the group
- Inform Family / Friends about where about
- Avoid taking selfies near risky places
- listening to music on earphones or speakers.
1. Can we drive till Tamhini Ghat?
Yes, Please note that if you don't reach on time, we won't wait for you as there is no network and road with high-density fog. You can google maps Andharban Trail Start Point and navigate to it. Tamhini ghat weather is really unpredictable during the monsoon season it rains heavily.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Tamhini Ghat?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 165 km approx. SUV are more suited to this road. You can see many Tamhini ghat waterfalls along the way.
3. Distance from Pune to Tamhini? Click here - Andharban jungle trek from Pune?
Two and Half hours drive from Pune. Andharban Jungle trek distance from Pune 70 km approx. Andharban jungle from Pune is a popular destination for trekkers of Sahyadris.
4. The number of days required for the Andharban Monsoon Trek event?
One day is required to complete the trek.
5. Is there food available on Andharban?
No. Food is available at the base village; we are on a tight schedule.
6. How much time required for Andharban trekking?
10 hours are required to complete the Andharban trekking Pune. It is the most popular trek the Sahyadris.
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk. You will need a driver as the starting point and ending point are entirely different. They are atleast 40 kilometers away starting and endpoint.
8. Is there any parking charge?
Yes, payable to locals.
9. Is the toilet available on the Andharban trek?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available.
10. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only, If you have kids below ten years old, we recommend not bringing them on the trek.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available. Food is simple and nutritious.
13. Phone Connectivity at Andharban Dark Forest Trek?
- Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services.
- At specific points during your trek, you will good phone network.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided. Please bring your reusable water bottles. You can fill them before the start of the trek.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is Andharban weather?
- During monsoon Andharban weather 16 degrees to 24 degrees, Thunderstorms, Windy, Precrip 90 to 100 %, Humidity 90 to 100 %.
- Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
- Summer Temperature Night 20C - Day 39°C approx.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker is not permitted inside the homestay.
20. Andharban Trek from Mumbai?
Our bus will begin from Pritam Dhaba Dadar East for Andarban trek and Return next to Dadar East. Pickups are from a central location only.
21. Andharban trek distance?
Andharban Trek Distance is 12 kilometers; the route is mostly downhill with few inclines. During Monsoon, extra precaution required. Western ghats trekking is more enjoyable during the raining season as the weather is cooler and refreshing.
22. Andharban homestay arrangements are available?
Please contact us on 8828004949 for Andharban homestay arrangements.
23. Andharban resort for stay?
- Treks and Trails India can arrange simple homestay near the start point of the trail; please contact us 8828004949
- From solo travellers to an ample group accommodation is available with meals, beds, Western commode toilets.
- Andharban is the most popular monsoon treks near Mumbai
24. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website by clicking on the Book now button.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
You can Whatsapp us 8828004949
25. How long is Andharban Trek?
Andharban trek is 14 kilometres entirely downhill. There are three major waterfall crossing. It takes ten hours to complete the trek, including breaks for snacks and lunch. The trek starts near Pimpri Dam and ends at the Bhira Dam. The hiking path is very slippery; you need proper trekking shoes with excellent grip. Also, you need to wear full selves to protect from Insect bites. It is the most famous trek in monsoon around Dam Bhira map.
Best time for Andharban trek?
Andharban trek gets banned during peak monsoon season as it is the breeding period for animals in the forest. The three waterfall crossing become impossible to cross on a heavy rainy day. The trek is open during June and August to September. Andharban trek permission issued in limited numbers by the forest department compulsory to enter the forest, Post monsoon Andharban Night treks are available.
Is the Andharban trek banned?
Andharban trek does get banned during peak monsoon season to avoid accidents at the waterfall crossing. Monsoon is the breeding period for wild animals to protect them; the trek gets banned for a few months. Trekking in Mumbai is getting more difficult monsoon season due to huge crowds and bans issued by various government departments.
How to reach the Andharban trek start trail point from Lonavala?
You can drive 55 kilometers from Lonavala to Pimpri, the start point marked on google maps. In case you are staying in Lonavala Hotel, you can hire a cab till the start point. The trek ends near Patnus village start point of Dekund waterfall you cab will need to pick you up from here after the trek. This road has dense fog and is in bad condition make sure your car has spare tires and necessary spare parts handy. Pimpri to Lonavala distance is 55 km it takes two hours to cover it.
Do you provide Mumbai to Mumbai Andharban trekking Package?
Andharban trekking package is Mumbai to Mumbai with centralized pickup. Pickup are available at 11.00 pm from Dadar East, Sion, Chembur, Vashi, Nerul, Belapur, and Mcdonald Kalamboli. We create a whatsapp group and share the live location of the bus for smooth coordination. Andarban is the most popular treks around Mumbai during the rainy season.
Can you tell me more about Andharban Trekking Distance?
The total trek is around 14 kilometers goes through three massive waterfalls, Dense dark forest. Andharban trail mostly covered in fog, and it rains heavily in this region. Hirdi plateau has the only village on this trail, and We stop here for lunch. The trail is entirely downhill and very slippery. Please come prepared with good trekking shoes to avoid falling continuously.
Is the Andharban Forest trek easy for beginners?
Andharban forest trek requires good endurance and fitness level. It would be best if you were a confident hiker you will be crossing streams, waterfalls, rivers and descending slippery rocky trails. Our team will guide you throughout the trek and maintain your safety at all crossings.
Andharban Trek Difficulty level?
The trek difficulty level ultimately depends on the weather. If it rains heavily during the night, the stream crossing and waterfall crossing become very difficult and sometimes impossible to cross during the trek. Hikers should also take care of themselves by wearing proper shoes and hiking clothes to protect them from the natural elements. Trek level comes under medium difficulty with a slippery rocky trail.
What about our lunch for the Andharban Forest Trek?
Lunch arranged at the local villager's house at Hirdi Plateau lunch is straightforward due to very limited resources available due to connectivity inside the jungle. Veg food is only available on this trek. Andharban forest location is not well connected with the nearby towns.
Why is Andharban trek fees more than other treks in Maharashtra?
We have to block your passes with the Forest department, Pay entry fees at the start point there are many addon cost invovled by various entities on this trek. Our best trek leaders are available for this trek due to unpredictable weather conditions on this trek. Please cooperate with them for your safety.
How safe is Andharban trek?
Andharban trek is safe; our trek leader will manage your waterfall crossing with ropes when necessary. Please follow the instruction given by them and cooperate with them. In case of bad weather, sometimes trek leader may make changes in the trek route or abandoned the trek for your safety, please understand his decision it is for your protection.
Trek introduction and group introduction?
Before starting the trek, our guide will conduct the trek introduction and group introduction session; please follow the dos and donts on the trek. Please remember you have signed up for group trek. The trek leader will take all decisions on the trek. Andharban is famous for bad weather, low visibility, and confusing route, and please be around the group always never move away alone without informing the trek leaders.
What are the different names for the Andharban Jungle trek route?
It is the most popular trek during the monsoon season as it is open for few weeks only. It is known as Dark Forest Trek, Andarbhan Forest trek; all these names refer to the same trek. Depending on the weather, the starting points may differ, though; the trek remains the same for 95 per cent. Andharban is raw and pristine Forest near Mumbai not be missed during the rainy season.
Can solo female travellers or Solo trekkers join the Andharban Trek?
You can join as a solo trekker, solo hiker, solo female travellers; there is no restriction. We combine all of the hikers and form a group. Our trek leaders take care of each hiker in the group. Trekkers also have to be part of the group. They cannot do their thing during the trek. They need to follow all the instructions given by the trek leaders.
Is Andharban Forest trek safe?
Yes, the Andharban trek is safe for female travellers, there are forest guard checking trekkers without passes they also help maintain security on the trek route. Our team will help you during the trek with waterfall crossing. Please avoid taking selfies near the cliff edge as the edges are slippery from monsoon weather.
How to reach Andharban Trek from Mumbai?
The trek starting point is marked on google maps. We hire a private bus for this trek as the region is not well connected by public transport. The roads are in bad condition, so vehicle break downs are standard. There is no 4g network in the Tahmini ghat section. The start point of the trek Pimpri dam is searchable on google maps.
Can you tell me the total Mumbai to Andharban distance?
Mumbai to Andharban 130 km by road takes five hours to cover this distance as the roads go through ghats and state highway.
How to reach Andharban from Pune?
Andharban located close to Pune, It is around 72 kilometers and takes approximately three hours to cover the distance. The road goes via Tamhini ghat, which takes you to the Pimpri village dam, the start point of the trek.
Is smoking or consuming alcohol allowed on the Andharban trekking tour?
Smoking or consuming alcohol or any kind of drug is not allowed on any treks in Maharashtra. Any person caught will be asked to leave the group trek.
Can you tell me the fitness level required for Andharban Day Hike?
Trekkers with previous illness asthma, knee issues, overweight, and heart issues, recent surgery should avoid this trek. Please consult your family doctor before signing for the trek. Hikers, with excellent agility and endurance, can complete the trek. If you are looking for treks in August, Andarban trek should be high on your bucket list.
Do you have any age limit for Aandharban trekking?
Children below 16 with a parent only allowed. People should judge their fitness and medical condition before joining any trek
Where can i find the toilet on the Andharban trek?
Toilets are available at the start of the trek, only where we will eat breakfast and tea. There are no toilets during the trek, and please carry sanitizers, handwash, toilet roll to help yourself out in the wild.
Best recommend trekking near Mumbai in monsoon?
Mumbai has many trekking options available through the year we have listed top five below.
- Karnala Fort Trek
- Peb Fort Trek
- Kothaligad Fort Trek
- Asherigad Fort Trek
- Kalavantin Durg Trek
- Jambhulmal Trek
Andharban Trek 2021 | Andharban Trek Blog | Treks near Mumbai & Pune
Get lost in the dark, dense Jungle of Andharban, Treks and Trails India organize monsoon treks including transportation from Mumbai & Pune, meals and expert trek leaders with Andharban forest permits. Andharban location Everything You Need To Know About Andharban Trek Pune.
If you are planning on undertaking the Andharban Forest Pune Trek, here is all you need to know to have a great trip. Read our ultimate guide on the Andharban jungle trek from Mumbai. Located in the Sahyadris, Andharban trek offers pristine forest trails and an outstanding view. Andharban trek route map with gpx is available online though once you enter the forest the trail conditions, fogs, overflowing streams, Risky waterfall crossing, trek route diversions make it difficult to navigate trekkers should always take help from a local guide or join experienced trek companies for this event.
The trek through Andharban Jungle is one of the most refreshing treks in the Sahyadri region. Andharban Trek must do jungle trek near Mumbai, Pune in monsoon. Just Walk in the middle of Andharban dark jungle, find routes, cross ghats, take the view of valleys, play in waterfall, cross streams, walk in the clouds. Maharashtra State butterfly Papilio polymnestor, the blue Mormon, is a large swallowtail butterfly seen during the trek.
Andharban trekking is a long walk through streams, waterfalls, dense woods crossing several cascades. Caution and a local guide is a must!. Andharban near Pune is a part of the Sahyadri range that connects Tamhini Ghat to the Konkan region. Andharban trek organized by Treks and Trails India brings you the magnificent nature path of dark Forest which is near from Mumbai and Pune. Andharban trek video is available in the gallery.
Andharban is one of the most popular treks in the rainy season. Enjoy this Adventurous Andharban Trek route in this Monsoon. The best Jungle trek one can ever Enjoy. Forest department usually bans Andharban trek route during July August as the region receives hefty rainfall.
Andharban Jungle Treck spreads along the vast area of the Sahyadris starting from a bit ahead of Pimpri village, passing through the Kundalika Valley. Then the dark forest patch and open Hirdi plateau above and a descent reaching to the Bhira Dam. You can also combine this trek with Devkund Waterfall Trek.
Andharban camping during monsoon season not possible as it rains continuously, During winter and summer months we arrange Camping and Andharban Trek. We also arrange Devkund waterfall Pune camping during winter months.