Raigad Fort Trek
Raigad Fort is a magnificent hill fortress, situated in the Raigad district of Maharashtra. It lies approximately 125 km away from Pune and serves as one of the major excursion of the city. The fort once served as the capital of Chhatrapati Shivaji, the Great Maratha king, in 1674. It was around this time only that Shivaji was crowned the King of a Marathi kingdom. Perched at an altitude of 1350 m or 4530 feet above sea level, Raigarh fort falls under the Sahyadri Mountain range of India.
The main structures inside the Raigad Fort, which today stands mostly in ruins, comprise of Queen's Quarters, Public Durbar, Watch Towers, Darwaza or gateways, Water tanks, temples, etc. The Queen's Quarters consist of six chambers in toto, meant for the queen and her attendants. The central place situated inside the fort was constructed mainly out of wood. However, apart from its base, made up of pillars, hardly anything else remains. One can also be witness to the ruins of the three watchtowers, which were once used to spot any threat from a distance.
The main entrance of the Raigarh Fort comprises the Maha Darwaja, colossal, and protected from the enemies. However, the King, as well as his convoy, used to move through the Palkhi Darwaja. The three dark and deep chambers, situated to the right of the Palkhi Darwaja, are believed to have served as the fort's granaries. One of the Raigad Fort's main attractions is a magnificent statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, which is situated opposite the ruins of the main market avenue. The Samadhi tomb of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and his dog Waghya is located near the market.
Raigad Fort Trek Event Details
- Raigad fort trek difficulty level Medium
- Raigad fort base village Pachad
- Raigad fort height 2900 feet
- Region Raigad Mahad
- Time required to climb Raigad fort Maximum 2 hours
Raigad Fort Trek Event Itinerary
Day 0 – Saturday (night)
20:45 Meet at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
21:00 Leave for Raigad trek.
21:15 Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
21:30 Pick up at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar East.
21:45 Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur.
22:15 Pick up at Vashi below the main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
22:35 Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
Day 1 – Saturday
05:00 Reach at base village and breakfast.
05:30 Start ascending.
08:30 Reach on top.
14:30 Start descending.
16:30 Reach at base village.
Visit Jijamata samadhi at Pachad.
17:30 Start return journey towards Mumbai.
23:00 Approx. arrival at Andheri.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg lunch and evening tea
- Travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
How can I go to Raigad fort from Pune by bus?
There are no direct flights or trains or buses between Pune to Raigad. The convenient and fastest way to reach from Pune to Raigad is to take a taxi from Pune to Raigad. The cheapest way to reach Raigad from Pune is to take Pune Bsl Exp from Pune to Mumbai then take the train with train number 50103 from Mumbai to Raigad.
Which is the capital of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj?
Raigad fort Capital of Chhatrapati Shivaji's Maharaj. Located in the majestic Sahyadri range, a part of the Western Ghats, the Raigad Fort is a glorious symbol of the early days of the Maratha empire. It is here that the Maratha warrior king Shivaji was coronated as the Chhatrapati.
How many steps are in Raigad Fort?
1737 steps The fort rises 820 meters or 2,700 feet above the sea level and is located in the Sahyadri mountain range. There are approximately 1737 steps leading to the fort. The Raigad Ropeway, an aerial tramway exists to reach the top of the fort in 10 minutes.
What is the old name of Raigad Fort?
Chhatrapati Shivaji's Maharaj renovated and expanded the fort of Rairi and then renamed it as Raigad which means the King's Fort. It was also considered as the capital of the Maratha kingdom. Shivaji Maharaj also built fort Lingana near the Raigad Fort after capturing it.
Can you tell me more about Rajgad Fort Trek?
A Monsoon Trek to Rajgad Fort a magnificent hill fortress, enjoy the misty rolling hills and rain-drenched landscapes. This fort was initially the capital of Shivaji Maharaj's Hindavi Swarajya. Rajgad Fort provides you with excellent views of the region. Rajgad Fort Trek is situated around 65 kms from the Pune City, and from the top of Rajgad Fort, one can enjoy the breathtaking views. Rajgad Fort or King of all Forts is the epitome of the classic architecture of the great Maratha Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaja.
Rajgad trek or Rajgad fort trek is one of the most famous forts treks in Maharashtra and popular among trekkers from Pune and Mumbai. Plan your trek near Mumbai & Pune now. Enthrall in this fantastic camping experience with friends and family!
Incoming search terms related to Raigad Fort: Raigad fort trek, Raigad fort map, Raigad fort images, Raigad fort in Maharashtra information in Marathi, Raigad fort timings, Raigad fort hotels, Raigad fort facts, Raigad fort information