Irshalgad Trek – 28th August 2016 Sunday
About Irshalgad Fort
‘Irshal’ means a pinnacle and ‘gad’ means a fort. Hardly found anywhere in History, Irshalgad may have been under the Maratha rule when Shivaji Maharaj captured the regions of Kalyan and Bhiwandi.
The Fort has been visited by very few history lovers and is a favourite for trekkers, adventurers and nature photographers as well. The Fort is intimidating and takes a brave adventurer to scour its heights. Join the different trekking enthusiasts on the Irshalgad trek to revel in the glory of the challenging and massive fort that has spiked the interest of several mountaineers and rock climbers for quite a few years.
Irshalgad Trek Details
1. Grade – Easy
2. Trek Duration – 2 hours
3. Distance – 3.5 Km one way
4. Height – 1673 feet
5. Base Village - Karja village near Chowk town
Cost per head - Rs 600 /-
Train to Board
06:10 am Karjat Fast from CST
6:24 am Dadar
6:31 am Kurla
6:50 am Thane
7:10 am Kalyan
8:00 am Karjat
08.00 am: Meeting point Karjat Railway station
09.00 am: Morning breakfast, Reach base village
09.15 am: Introduction and briefing start the trek.
12.00 pm: Reach the top. Explore around. Relax. Have lunch
01:00 pm: Start the descend
04:30 pm: Reach the Base Village; Evening Refreshments
05:30 pm: Move towards Karjat Railway station
Things To Carry
Things to carry
- Haversack to keep hands free
- Water bottle 3 litres
- Extra Pair of clothes.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Electoral or GluconD powder.
- Personal medicines.
- Sun protection cap, googles
- Light weight towel
- Rain Cover for Bag
- Dry Bag to keep cloths dry
Monsoon Event Dos and Dont’s
- Keep your valuables in waterproof bag during monsoon events
- Wear shoes with good grip
- Carry Insect Repellents to keep bugs
- Stay together as group during the trek please do not stray away
- Keep Friends and Family updated on your whereabouts
How to Register
• Breakfast - Evening refreshments
• Transport from Karjat Railway Station and back
• Breakfast, Evening Refreshments
• Professional expertise for the trip
- Anything which not mentioned in Cost Includes list
- Carry one time lunch for this trek
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets non Transferable
Treks and Trails, India rules:
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
- TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
- Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
- Please do not carry handbags or jolas or sling bags.
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )