About Kondana Caves
Kondana Caves situated in Karjat offers the ancient lifestyle of Buddhist followers. Ancient rock-cut caves, Kondana Caves are very famous Buddhist caves. These caves enclose sculptures, vihara, chaitya, and stupa. Sculptures and stupas are specimens of the ancient period Buddhist architecture. There was a natural disaster in the form of an earthquake in early 1900 by which many stupas, front entrance and floor of the caves were damaged. These ancient caves attract lots of tourists and Buddhist devotees all through the year. Kondana Caves is around 15 KM from Karjat.
Who are these beautiful Fireflies?
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.
Kondana Caves Fireflies Trek Event Details
- Kondana caves trek difficulty level: Easy.
- Base village Kondana caves: Kondhane.
- Kondana caves height: 60m above Sea Level (Approx.).
- Time required climbing Kondana caves: 1 hour (one way).
- Cost: Rs 1300/- per person
Kondana Caves Fireflies Trek Event Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
Catch Karjat fast local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat fast local time table.
- 16:30 CSMT
- 16:37 Byculla
- 16:43 Dadar
- 16:50 Kurla
- 16:54 Ghatkopar
- 17:10 Thane
- 17:25 Dombivali
- 17:34 Kalyan
- 18:24 Karjat
18:30 Meet at Karjat railway station and start journey towards base village by local tumtum
19:30 Reach at base village.
22:00 Start trekking towards Kondana Caves
Enjoy fireflies while ascending.
23:00 Reach at Kondana caves.
Enjoy fireflies, explore the cave.
Late night we came back to village.
Night stay at villager’s house
Day 2 – Sunday
06:30 Wake Up and freshen up.
08:00 Start return journey towards Karjat station by tumtum
09:00 Reach Karjat station and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kondana Caves Fireflies Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Dinner and 1 Breakfast.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local auto.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
- Travel from Pune to Karjat and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Mask and Sanitizer
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek.
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets).
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Extra pair of clothes.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect you from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, or natural habitats on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back at their own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speakers are not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent or break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we drive till Kondhane?
2. Kondana caves Map - Drive through Map?
Please refer google maps or google earth.
3. Distance from Mumbai to Kondhane?
Two hours drive from Mumbai - 80 km approx.
4. Distance from Pune to Kondhane?
Three hours drive from Pune - 125 km approx.
5. Number of days required for this event?
One night and one day.
6. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
7. Is there any parking charge?
8. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Sleeping bag NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
9. Are toilet available on Kondana caves?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available.
13. Phone connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services.
14. Where will we stay?
Homestay at village.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
19.Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside Homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com