Kalavantin durg was used as a watch tower and is located right next to Prabalgad Fort on the old Mumbai Pune route. The beauty of this trek is the amazing rock cut steps that zig zag their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. One can get a panoramic view from the top, not to mention the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs.
Kalavantin Trek Details
- Kalavantin Durg height: 2000 feet approx
- Kalavantin Durg Trek Grade: Medium to Thrilling
- Kalavantin Durg base village: Thakurwadi
Kalavantin Durg Trek Itinerary
- 05:45 CSMT
- 06:03 Vadala Road
- 06:14 Kurla
- 06:34 Vashi
- 06:43 Nerul
- 07:05 Panvel
- 06:20 Thane
- 06:37 Koparkhairane
- 06:49 Nerul
- 07:12 Panvel
07:15 Meet at railway station and move towards ST depot.
08:00 Start journey towards Thakurwadi by local vehicle.
08:45 Reach at base village and start ascending.
11:45 Reach at summit and explore.
12:30 Start descending to Prabalmachi.
14:00 Reach at Prabalmachi and Lunch.
15:00 Start descending to base village.
16:30 Reach at base village and start return journey to Panvel.
17:30 Reach at Panvel ST depot and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kalavantin Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sandals / Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Panvel/Thakurwadi without refund, Trekking shoes are a must.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Panvel-Thakurwadi-Panvel by Tumtum / ST
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch.
- TreksandTrails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Panvel and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres (No side bags or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles