Kalavantin Durg was used as a watchtower and is located right next to Prabalgad Fort on the old Mumbai Pune route. The beauty of this trek is the amazing rock-cut steps that zig-zag their way up the mountain to take you to the top of the fort. One can get a panoramic view from the top, not to mention the thrill of an exposed climb via the stairs.
Kalavantin Trek Details
- Kalavantin Durg height: 2000 feet approx
- Kalavantin Durg Trek Grade: Medium to Thrilling
- Kalavantin Durg base village: Thakurwadi
Kalavantin Durg Trek Itinerary
- 05:45 CSMT
- 06:03 Vadala Road
- 06:14 Kurla
- 06:34 Vashi
- 06:43 Nerul
- 07:05 Panvel
- 06:20 Thane
- 06:37 Koparkhairane
- 06:49 Nerul
- 07:12 Panvel
07:15 Meet at the railway station and move towards ST depot.
08:00 Start journey towards Thakurwadi by local vehicle.
08:45 Reach base village and start ascending.
11:45 Reach the summit and explore.
12:30 Start descending to Prabalmachi.
14:00 Reach at Prabalmachi and Lunch.
15:00 Start descending to base village.
16:30 Reach base village and start the return journey to Panvel.
17:30 Reach Panvel ST depot and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kalavantin Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sandals / Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Panvel/Thakurwadi without refund, Trekking shoes are a must.
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Panvel-Thakurwadi-Panvel by Tumtum / ST
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch.
- TreksandTrails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Panvel and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres (No side bags or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles