Kalavantin Durg Trek
Kalavantin Durg, situated adjacent to the Prabalgad Fort, was an ancient watchtower strategically placed along the old Mumbai-Pune trade route. This fort is known for its breathtaking rock-cut steps, which wind up the mountain and bring hikers to the peak. It is considered a marvel of architecture because of these steps. As you make your way up the winding staircases, the breathtaking natural beauty of your surroundings and the adrenaline rush of an exposed climb will leave you in hypnotic awe.
When you reach the top, you'll be rewarded with a breathtaking view that takes in the surrounding mountains, valleys, and the sprawling cityscape below you. It is impossible to adequately describe the overwhelming sense of achievement that comes with overcoming the challenging fort, which is why this is the kind of adventure that you will remember and value for the rest of your life.
In addition to its historical significance, Kalavantin Durg is a trekker's paradise, offering a perfect blend of adventure and scenic beauty. It should come as no surprise that this hike is a favourite among those who are interested in adventure because the terrain is both challenging and beautiful at the same time. Therefore, if you are looking for an adventure that will provide you with adrenaline and the opportunity to take in the area's breathtaking scenery, the Kalavantin Durg trek is an excursion you should not pass up!
Kalavantin Trek Details
- Kalavantin Durg height: 2200 feet approx
- Kalavantin Durg Trek Grade: Medium to Thrilling
- Kalavantin Durg base village: Thakurwadi
- Cost: Rs. 899/- per person
Kalavantin Durg Night Trek Itinerary
Day 0 – Saturday Night
From CSMT to Panvel
- 11:14 pm CSMT
- 11:32 pm Vadala Road
- 11:43 pm Kurla
- 12:03 am Vashi
- 12:12 am Nerul
- 12:34 am Panvel
From Thane to Panvel
- 11:32 pm Thane
- 11:49 pm Koparkhairne
- 12:01 am Nerul
- 12:24 am Panvel
Day 1 - Sunday
12:45 am Assemble outside of Panvel Railway Station near the ticket counter.
01:00 am Move towards base village Thakurwadi by private vehicle.
01:45 am Reach at base village – Thakurwadi.
02:00 am Start ascend to Prabalmachi village.
04:00 am Reach Prabalgadmachi village and rest for some time.
05:00 am Start ascending Kalavantin Durg.
06:00 am Reach at the top and explore.
06:30 am Start descending towards Prabalmachi.
07:30 am Reach at Prabalmachi and have a breakfast.
08:30 am Start further descending towards base village.
10:30 am Reach at base village and start return journey towards Panvel station.
11:30 am Reach at Panvel railway station and disperse.
- For Kalavantin Trek, proper trek shoes and a torch are compulsory. Otherwise, will not allow doing trek.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kalavantin Night trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by local vehicle
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Basic First Aid
- Guide & Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost till Panvel and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost included above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, and bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water. (Compulsory)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek (Compulsory)
- Good Torch must with an extra battery (Compulsory)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect you from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, or natural habitats on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back at their own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speakers are not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent or break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Kalavantin Fort Trek
Are you looking for an experience that you won't forget that's close to Mumbai? Look no further than the Kalavantin Fort Night Trek! This exhilarating hike takes you through the thick jungle to the top of the Kalavantin Fort, where you will be rewarded with breathtaking vistas at various points. This is the ideal way to discover the great outdoors and test your limits, as it consists of a night hike filled with exciting activities. Make sure you don't miss out on this exciting trip by booking it as soon as possible!
What is Kalavantin Durg height?
Kalavantin Durg is a 2,250 feet or 686 meters high summit in the Western Ghats, near the Prabalgad fort in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, India. The trailhead for this trek is Machi Prabal.
Is it safe to trek Kalavantin durg in monsoon season?
A trek of moderate to difficult difficulty can be found in Maharashtra at Kalavantin Gad. It is possible to hike there without risk if you do it correctly and keep a level head and plenty of patience. However, because the rocks become slicker to climb on during the monsoon season, it is strongly advised that you refrain from going during this time. There is a significant risk of being injured. This location is responsible for the loss of several lives.
Expect to see thousands of people climbing to the top of Kalavantin Fort during the wetter months of the year. During the wetter months, a visit to the fort should ideally be restricted to the weekdays.
Because the rocks become more slippery when heated by the sun in the afternoon, it is best to begin the hike early in the morning. A second piece of advice: do not attempt to take selfies while climbing from the final patch of this hike. Always bring the appropriate footwear for hiking and avoid leaving any plastic behind.
It is recommended that travellers go to Kalavantin Durg after the end of the monsoon season. Avoid going outside during the heaviest part of the monsoon season because the stairs will become slick, and there is a greater chance of having an accident. Because the Kalavantin Durg Trek is so well-known, many people will be there on the weekends.
Kalavantin Durg trek difficulty level
The Kalavantin Durg trek has a difficulty level that ranges from medium to complex. The rock-cut steps and sharp decline make the trail difficult to negotiate. However, essential physical endurance is required, but it is not too difficult for experienced trekkers to complete the trail. Depending on the fitness level of the person undertaking the journey, the hike can typically be finished in anywhere from three to five hours.
Even though the hike is not ideal for novice hikers, it is still possible to complete it by taking extra precautions if you are a beginner. The trek is the primary draw for visitors on the Kalavantin Durg excursion. A thrilling experience in the great outdoors awaits you on the trek, and it's not far from Mumbai.
Haunted story of Kalavantin Durg Trek
Sorry, but we found no information about Kalavantin Durg being haunted. However, Kalavantin Durg is a watchtower that was believed to be used by the rulers to keep an eye on the circumambient region.