Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
The state of Maharashtra is a biological hotspot vibrant and impressive. Visit one of the state tiger reserves; there is something for everyone. Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve boost of the highest density of tiger population in India. Close to 65 tigers for 620 sq km. Tadoba National Park situated in Maharashtra, India.
Watching the Royal Bengal Tiger in its natural surroundings is the most significant boost for every wildlife protectors. Tadoba National Park is home to Bengal Tigers, cubs, leopards, wild dogs, sloth bear many species of birds and reptiles. Tadoba is mostly bamboo forest, and you will need the help of expert trackers to spot the elusive Bengal Tiger.
As you drive through the forest in your open gypsy, you will learn how the forest works, various animal calls made when they see a moving Tiger. These calls are vital in tracking the Tiger movement and spotting it. Gypsy Jeep Safari rides right on the edge where the road ends, and the forest begins adding to the excitement of Tadoba Tiger safari.
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve gets its name from Taru Tribal god and Andhari River that runs through the Wildlife Reserve. Nearest cities are Chandrapur and Nagpur it is well connected by Train and Airport.
Tadoba National Park Tiger Safari Brief Details
- Wildlife Photography
- Four Jungle Safari
- Age group: 10 yrs to 65 yrs
- Batch Size: Multiple of Six (6 – 12 – 18 – 24 max)
- Custom plans available email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: Rs. 18000 + 5% GST. (per person)
Onward Journey : Any flight landing at Nagpur before 7.30 am on first day
Return Journey : Any flight taking off from Nagpur after 8.00 pm on last day
Pick up and Drop :
First day at 8 am at Nagpur.
Last day before 7 pm at Nagpur.
Tadoba Safari Itinerary
Day One - Welcome to Nagpur City and your first Wildlife Tiger Safari
08:00 Pick up from Nagpur station/airport.
11:00 Reach at the hotel and get freshen up.
14:00 Get ready for your first safari.
In the evening back to hotel and have evening tea.
Day Two - Two Tiger Safari Today both in Moharli core zone
5.00 - Wake up call and Early morning tea
5.30 - Leave for second Tiger Safari early Morning
10:30 - Breakfast.
12:30 - Lunch.
14:00 - Third Tiger Safari.
21:30 - Dinner.
Day Three - Last Day at Tadoba National park
5.00 - Wake up call and Early morning tea.
5.30 - Leave for Fourth Tiger Safari early Morning.
Will have packed breakfast.
11:00 - Check out from the hotel and proceed towards Nagpur.
What is included in the tour
- 02 Nights/ 03 Days Accommodation at Resort (3 Tents)
- Surface transfers in 1 Innova ( Nagpur – Tadoba – Nagpur)
- All Meals from first day Lunch to Last day Breakfast
- 04 Open Gypsy Safaris in core & buffer Zones of Tadoba.
- All forest permits and Guide Charges
- Transportation in AC Innova as per fixed itinerary. Maximum 4 travellers per car.
- Services of Good Driver and Guide at Tadoba.
- Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Single room occupancy charges
- Transfer from Mumbai to Mumbai · Does not include Rail or Air Fare.
- Meals during the train/flight/ transfer journey
- Lens/Camera charges
- Any personal orders, laundry, phone calls.
- Any other charges, tips and gratitude.
- Anything other than mentioned above.
- Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities, or sudden changes in
forest fees, permits etc
- Taxes as applicable
- 2/3 liters of water bottle
- Masks and sanitizer
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Extra pair of clothes, Towel, Jacket, etc.
- Blankets for train travelling
- Warm clothes
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Proper footwear
- Proper haversack to put all these things
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof (must)
- 50% refund if notified via phone conversation 45 or more days prior to the event date.
- 40 % refund if notified via phone conversation 16 to 44 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 15 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Event get cancelled, we will refund "Event Amount" only.
Famous Gates in Tadoba National Park
Tiger Reserve can be entered by different gates The most popular gate at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve for Wildlife Safari is Moharli zone. Tadoba divided into the Core Zone, and Buffer Zone spotting wildlife percentage is similar in both zones. The Buffer zone has more opportunities for Birding and spotting Tigress and cubs.
Due to the high demand for Moharli gate other zones have been developed which are getting equally popular among wildlife enthusiasts. Information on Tadoba Tiger Safari Zone below.
Kolsa Gate or Kolsa Zone
Densely forested spotting wild animals are little tricky here more accessible from Chandrapur city. If you plan your Tadoba Safari in this zone, we recommended staying Chandrapur. Tadoba jungle in the Kolsa zone is very beautiful right out of storybooks untouched and pristine.
Moharli Gate or Moharli Zone
Here most hotels are located, and chances of spotting wildlife are high from this gate. Famous tigress Soonam and Maya found in this zone. Famous Tiger Gabbar and Matkasur detected in this zone. Tadoba Jungle Safari is very popular from this Mohurli gate.
Other Tadoba core zone gates
- Khutvanda Zone or Khutvanda gate
- Kolara zone
Birds Spotted at Tadoba National Park
Birds you can spot at Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve Peacock, India roller, Bulbul, White-eye Buzzard, Asian Paradise-flycatcher, India Spita, Crow pheasant, Jungle hen, Woodpeckers, Seven sisters, Magpie Robin, Green beater, Serpent Eagle.
Wild Animals at Tadoba Tiger Reserve
Wild Animals you can spot at Tadoba National Park India Bison, Spotted Dears, Four Antler deer, marshland crocodiles, Sambar, Wild boar, Monitor lizard, Indian Muntjac, baking deer, Langurs. Tadoba Andhari located at the hills of Chimur, Kolsa, Navegoan, and Moharli. Tadoba Forest was declared a Tiger reserve in 1955, and later Andhari was joined in 1986.
Flora of Tadoba
There is a dry deciduous jungle and the center zone comes with dense forest in the park. And it is very common to see teak trees and other wild trees like crepe myrtle, semal, crocodile bark, etc. in the park. There you can also stumble on the dense region of the park, axle wood and next to the lake, black plum trees, and Arjun trees can also be noticed. You might not be aware but Tadoba National Park also has velvet bean, a medicinal plant, which is used for curing Parkinson’s ailment. Here, other medical plants take in bheria and bija.
Fauna of Tadoba
Did you know that this national park is also famous as a tiger reserve that’s cordially recognized in the name of ‘The Land of Tigers’? Despite the species of Bengal Tiger, it also accommodates other mammals such as Sloth Bear, Leopard, Rusty Spotted Cat, Indian Mouse Deer, Wild Pig, Flying Squirrel, and so on. Moreover, with the sunset, the Small Indian Civet, the Palm Civet, and the Flying squirrel are usually seen. There are more or less 195 species of birds that consist of a honey buzzard, the shy jungle fowl, paradise flycatcher, etc. Varieties of reptiles you can find here include endangered Indian python, star tortoise, cobra, and so on.
Best Time to Visit Tadoba
In line with the experts, Tadoba endows with an amazing opportunity to witness evident wildlife including tigers. You can come to this place anytime between February and May to notice the flora and fauna at its best. Throughout these months, Gaurs, tigers, and other animals are easily observed in large numbers. Looking at such wildlife gives an awe-inspiring experience and big treat to an excursion.
Wildlife Safari in Tadoba
The key attraction of this park is wildlife safari, of course. Here, you can get to enjoy open jeep and bus safari together with guides. Plan to take open jeep safari if you want to witness wild dogs, sloth bears and other animals. It is advised to book the jeep safari beforehand in the DFO office in close proximity to the park. As there is no online facility available you have to visit the Navegoan gate of park for booking. In addition, you can also take on a private jeep from a taxi stand close at hand.
Jeep Safari Timings
- Morning Safari: 6.00 A.M to 10.00 A.M. (You can enter the park till 8.00 a.m.)
- Afternoon Safari: 3.00 P.M. to 6.00 P.M. (You can enter the park till 4.30 p.m.)
How to Reach Tadoba
- Nearest Airport: Nagpur (140 Km)
- Nearest Railway Station: Chandrapur (49kms) and Nagpur (151kms)
- Nearest Bus Stop: Chandrapur and Chimur (32kms)
Commonly asked questions at Tadoba national park safari
Nagpur to Tadoba Distance by road?
160 km will take 3 to 4 hours to cover this distance.
Most Famous Tiger Reserve in Maharashtra?
Tadoba Tiger Reserve is the most famous Tiger reserve in Maharashtra.
Custom Tadoba Safari tour package available?
For custom Tadoba Booking package please email us email@example.com
List of Tiger National Park in Maharashtra?
- Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
- Pench National tiger reserve
- Melghat Tiger Reserve
- Nawegaon Nagzira Tiger Reserve
Tadoba Online Booking?
Please call us on 8828004949 for more information or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Tadoba Resorts or Tadoba Homestay where will be our stay during the Tadoba Tiger safari package?
We can arrange both for you homestay or resort depending on your budget and availability. Both will be well-maintained properties with modern amenities.