About Kaas Plateau Trek
Kaas Plateau famously called Maharashtra Valley of Flowers. Kaas plateau is a eco sensitive place you can see carpet of flowers after monsoon ends. During monsoon Kas Pathar receives very heavy rainfall you can see different flowers throughout the year. Kaas Plateau has become famous for the various shades of carpet the tiny flowers that grow on the Kas Pathar create. UNESCO in June 2012 announced Kaas Plateau as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
One special Flower Aponogeton Satarensis or Waytura can only be found on Kaas Plateau now listed in endangered species. Kaas Plateau supports 175 species of wild flowers. During our tour we will see flowers that blossom after monsoon. Kas Pathar is home to many birds, butterflies, reptiles, wild animals.
Best time to visit Kaas Plateau is just after end of monsoon during the months of September and October. Once in eight years Karvi Flowers blooms into mas flowering covering entire Kaas Plateau in shades of Purple Blue and Pink.
Thoseghar Waterfalls gets its name from the small village of Thoseghar located 20 km from Satara, we will pass Sajjangad Fort and windmills to reach the scenic Thoseghar Waterfalls. Satara is famous for many waterfalls like Vajrai Waterfall 2nd highest plunge waterfall in India, Kelavali Waterfall.
Thoseghar offers spectacular views with series of waterfalls converging and one waterfall 200 meters in height. On a Rainy day Thoseghar Waterfall is covered in fog and nearby Chalkewadi Plateau famous for windmills electricity project is not visible. Best time to visit Thoseghar Waterfall is from July to November or on a Rainy day.
Thoseghar is very calm and relaxing place with rice fields and lush green forest with small streams.
Batches for Kaas Plateau Tour
14th 15th September
4th 5th October
20th 21st September
5th 6th October
21st 22nd September
27th 28th September
28th 29th September
Kas Pathar Tour Highlights
- Macro Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Landscape Photography Kaas Plateau and Kaas Lake
- Birding we will play game of counting the number of species spotted
- Witness amazing colors of wild flower blooms and different Flora and Fauna
- Thoseghar Waterfall visit
- Chalkewadi Plateau Windmills view from Thoseghar waterfall
- View of Sajjangad while return for Thoseghar Waterfall
Kaas Plateau Itinerary
Day Zero - Saturday Night
22:45 Meet Treks and Trails Team at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar East.
23:00 Non Ac Transport will leave for Kaas Plateau valley of flowers.
23:15 Chembur Diamond Garden.
23:45 Vashi below main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
00:15 Kalamboli Mcdonalds.
Day One - Sunday
05:00 Reach Satara and have breakfast.
07:00 Reach Kaas Plateau. Sightseeing, Macro Photography, Landscape Photography, Kaas Valley exploration - Forest Guide Tour.
09:00 Walk to Kumudini Lake for Kumudini Flower.
10:00 Walk to Kaas Lake.
11:30 Departure from Kaas Lake for Thoseghar Waterfall.
12:30 Lunch on the way.
13.30 Move towards Thoseghar Waterfall.
14:50 Reach at Thoseghar Waterfall.
16:30 Departure for Mumbai.
23:30 Approx arrival at Dadar
What is included in the tour
- Dadar to Dadar travel by a Non-AC bus.
- 1 Veg Breakfast and 1 Veg Lunch.
- Entry fee for Kaas Plateau & Thoseghar Waterfall
- Treks and Trails India charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
1. Will we see flowers ?
Flowering at Kaas Plateau is natural phenomenon lot of factors determine good flowering year you can google #kaasplateau for updated images to check flowering.
2. Toilet Facility ?
Kaas Plateau does not have toilets. Toilets will be available when we stop for breakfast and lunch.
3. Food Preference ?
Veg Food will provided during the journey . Food provided is simple and nutritious
4. Will we be camping ?
We have planned One Day Trip for Kaas. Camping is not possible you can write to us email@example.com for group camping events
5. I want to do macro photography ?
Kaas is perfect for macro photography. Things required Macro lens / Flash / In case you don't have macro lens youtube Reverse Lens Macro Photography or Extension Tubes
6. Will it Rain ?
Yes it rains quite a lot at Kaas do carry your umbrella
7. Changing Facility ?
There is no proper changing rooms available on this tour we will try to accommodate your request.
8. What can i see at Kaas other than flowers ?
Kaas has a beautiful climate during monsoon Bamnoli lake below Kas Pathar is perfect to sit and relax we will try to show you maximum flowers possible
9. Thoseghar Waterfall?
Thoseghar Waterfall is around 2 hours away from Kaas Plateau we will visit this majestic waterfall
10. Chalkewadi Windmill Farms ?
Windmill farms are near Thoseghar waterfall can be seen easily.
11. Will we visit Sajjangad Fort ?
We will pass by Sajjangad Fort on our way to Thoseghar due to time limitation we won't be able to visit. To completely explore many forts around Satara we would need 2 - 3 days .
12. Return Timings
Due to Increased Visitor Traffic at Kaas Plateau and Bad Highway Conditions return timings deadline can be missed. We have reached from 10.30 pm to 2 am at Dadar this season.
Kaas Plateau Trek | Valley of Flowers of Maharashtra | A beautiful walk!
Kaas Plateau Trek - a beautiful walk and celebrate the festival of flowers in Maharashtra, with amazing variety of flowers and wildlife in Satara.
The Kaas Plateau, also known as the Kaas Pathar, is a plateau situated 25 kilometres west from Satara city in Maharashtra, India. It falls under the Sahyadri Sub Cluster of the Western Ghats, and it became a part of a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site in 2012.
When should I go to Kaas Plateau?
Best Time To Visit Kaas Plateau. The best time to visit Kaas Plateau is right after the monsoons, that is, in September and October, while the flowers are in full bloom. Blooming is in full force starting from a week or two after the rain stops, if there is continuous sunshine, so keep on the lookout for the weather.
How do you get to Kaas Plateau?
How to reach Kaas plateau by train: You can take a train up to Satara railway station (Koyna Express from CST in Mumbai) after which you can take a bus from Satara bus stand to Bamnoli.
Which is the best season to visit Kaas Pathar?
The best season to visit kaas is during the monsoon July August Sept. The plateau looks beautiful during the season with lovely colours of smithea and other flowers. You can take your kids and place is good for senior citizens.
How do I get from Satara to Kaas Plateau?
To reach Kaas plateau, you can get a bus from Satara bus stand. Ask for a bus going towards Bamnauli or Tetli; which leaves beginning from 6 AM. It will drop you at the Kaas Plateau at around 6:30 AM. There is one ST transport each hour.
Declared as the UNESCO World Natural Heritage sites of India in 2012, Kaas Plateau in Panchgani is a magical place with landscapes with lakes, and flowers.
We organize One day trip to Kaas Pathar Flower Festival. Best Season to Visit Kaas Plateau is September which is a great weekend getaway from Mumbai and Pune.
Explore Valley of Flowers at Kaas Plateau, Satara with friends and family for a delightful experience. Beguile in this amazing experience.
The Kaas Plateau is well known as one of the most scenic holiday destinations in Maharashtra.
Many of us have heard of the Valley of Flowers in the scenic Himalayas, but how many know there's a similar yet smaller version of it - Kaas Plateau.
The beautiful lands and hills of Satara beckon you for a fun and enjoyable trek to Kaas Plateau with your set of adventure buddies and trekking gear!
The Kaas Plateau trek is not hard, and so is a great option for first-timers and families with children.
How do you get to Kaas Plateau from Mumbai?
Kaas is located 25 km from Mahabaleshwar and around 30 km from Satara in Maharashtra. The distance between Pune and Kaas Plateau is 136 km and it can be reached in 2.5 to 3.5 hours via NH4. Its distance from Mumbai is 278 km and takes around 5 hours to reach by road via the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and then NH4.
The more adventurous visitors can even enjoy a bracing Kaas Plateau trek in the area, taking in the views and savouring the escape from the hustle and bustle
The Kaas Plateau also known as the "Kaas Pathar" which is situated in the Western Ghat Sahyadri range, 22 kilometers from Satara.
Kaas plateau of flowers. Located 26 km away from Satara It is an plateau with amazing variety of flowers and wildlife.
At a distance of 24 km from Satara, 37 km from Mahabaleshwar and 50 km from Panchgani, the Kaas Plateau, also known as the Kas Pathar.
Incoming search terms related to Kaas plateau: kaas plateau season 2019, kaas plateau season, kaas plateau from mumbai, kaas plateau best time to visit, kaas plateau visit booking 2019, kaas plateau best time to visit 2019, kaas plateau hotels, kaas plateau november