About Kaas Plateau Tour
Kaas Plateau famously called Maharashtra Valley of Flowers. Kaas plateau in Satara is an eco-sensitive place you can see the carpet of flowers after monsoon ends. During monsoon, Kas Pathar flower valley receives hefty rainfall; you can see different flowers throughout the year. Kaas Plateau has become famous for the various shades of the carpet the tiny flowers that grow on the Kas Pathar Satara. UNESCO in June 2012 announced Kaas Plateau as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
One particular Satara Flower Aponogeton Satarensis or Waytura Flower can only be found on Kaas Plateau now listed in endangered species. Kaas Plateau supports 175 species of wildflowers. During our tour, we will see flowers that blossom after the monsoon. Kas Pathar is home to many birds, butterflies, reptiles, wild animals.
The best time to visit Kaas Plateau season 2021 is just after the end of monsoon during September and October. Once in eight years, Karvi Flowers blooms into mas flowering covering the entire Kaas Plateau in shades of Purple Blue and Pink. Kaas Plateau Booking 2021 register in advance as limited passes are available. Kas Pathar images are available in Photogallery and a video explaining the tour.
Thoseghar Waterfalls get its name from the small village of Thoseghar located 20 km from Satara. We will pass Sajjangad Fort and windmills to reach the scenic Thoseghar Waterfalls. Satara is famous for many waterfalls like Vajrai Waterfall 2nd highest plunge waterfall in India, Kelavali Waterfall. Chalkewadi is an amazing hamlet with many windmills doting the landscape.
Thoseghar offers spectacular views with a series of waterfalls converging and one waterfall 200 meters in height. On a Rainy day, Thoseghar Waterfall covered in fog, and nearby Chalkewadi Plateau famous for windmills electricity project is not visible. The best time to visit Thoseghar Waterfall is from July to November or on a Rainy day.
Thoseghar is a very calm and relaxing place with rice fields and lush green forests with small streams.
Kas Pathar Tour Highlights
- Macro Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Landscape Photography Kaas Plateau and Kaas Lake
- Birding we will play the game of counting the number of different birds spotted
- Witness amazing colours of wildflower blooms and diverse Flora and Fauna
- Thoseghar Waterfall visit
- Chalkewadi Plateau Windmills view from Thoseghar waterfall
- View of Sajjangad while returning from Thoseghar Waterfall
Kaas Plateau Mumbai Itinerary
- 09:45 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate.
- 10:00 pm - Leave for the Kaas.
- 10:30 pm - Pick up at Andheri WEH.
- 10:45 pm - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
- 11:00 pm - Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 11:15 pm - Pick up at Diamond garden, Chembur.
- 11:45 pm - Pick up at Vashi Plaza.
- 12:05 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
- 05:00 - Reach Satara and breakfast
- 07:00 Reach Kaas Plateau. Sightseeing, Macro Photography, Landscape Photography, Kaas Valley exploration - Forest Guide Tour.
- 09:00 Walk to Kumudini Lake for Kumudini Flower.
- 10:00 Walk to Kaas Lake.
- 11:30 Departure from Kaas Lake for Thoseghar Waterfall.
- 12:30 Lunch on the way.
- 13.30 Move towards Thoseghar Waterfall.
- 14:50 Reach at Thoseghar Waterfall.
- 16:30 Departure for Mumbai.
- 23:30 Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
For Kaas Plateau Pune Itinerary please click here
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private AC vehicle
- 1 Veg Breakfast and 1 Veg Lunch.
- Entry fee for Kaas Plateau & Thoseghar Waterfall
- Treks and Trails India charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield (must)
- Sanitizer (must)
- Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trip
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Kaas Plateau Blog | Valley of Flowers of Maharashtra | A beautiful walk!
Kaas Plateau Trek a beautiful walk and celebrate the festival of flowers in Maharashtra, with a fantastic variety of flowers and wildlife in Satara. The Kaas Plateau, also known as the Kaas Pathar, is a plateau situated 25 kilometers west from Satara city in Maharashtra, India. It falls under the Sahyadri Sub Cluster of the Western Ghats, and it became a part of a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site in 2012.
When should I go to Kaas Plateau Satara?
Best Time To Visit Kaas Plateau of Flowers. The best time to visit Kaas Maharashtra Plateau is right after the monsoons, that is, in September and October, while the flowers are in full bloom. Blooming is in full force starting from a week or two after the rain stops, if there is continuous sunshine, so keep on the lookout for the Kaas Plateau weather.
How do you get to Kaas Plateau Flower valley Pune?
You can take a train up to Satara railway station (Koyna Express from CSMT in Mumbai). After which you can take a bus from the Satara bus stand to Bamnoli. Direct buses to Satara are available on MSRTC websites. Private buses are available from Dadar Chembur, Vashi, Nerul in the evening. The best time to visit Kas Pathar flowers is from mid-September to mid-October once the season is over Kas Pathar online booking is disabled. Pune to Kas Pathar distance is 138 kilometers it will take four hours to cover this distance. Kaas plateau from Pune itinerary click on the url.
Which is the best season to visit Kaas Pathar?
The best season to visit Kaas is during the monsoon July August-Sept. The plateau looks beautiful during the season with lovely colours of Smithia flower and Karvi flowers. You can take your kids, and the place is right for senior citizens.
How do I get from Satara to Kaas Plateau?
To reach the Kaas plateau flowers, you can get a bus from the Satara bus stand. Ask for a bus going towards Bamnauli or Tetli; which leaves beginning from 6 AM. It will drop you at the Kaas Plateau at around 6:30 AM. There is one ST transport each hour.
Declared as the UNESCO World Natural Heritage sites of India in 2012, Kaas Plateau Valley of flowers is a magical place with landscapes with lakes, and flowers. Treks and Trails organize a day trip to Kaas Pathar Flower Festival. Best Season to Visit Kaas Plateau is September which is a great weekend getaway from Mumbai and Pune.
Explore Valley of Flowers Maharashtra at Kaas Plateau, Satara with friends and family for a delightful experience. Beguile in this fantastic experience. The Kaas Plateau is well known as one of the most scenic holiday destinations in Maharashtra. Valley of Flowers is picturesque in the Himalayas, but how many know there's a similar yet smaller version of it Kaas Plateau in Maharashtra. The beautiful lands and hills of Satara beckon you for a fun and enjoyable trek to Kaas Plateau with your set of adventure buddies and trekking gear! The Kaas Plateau trek is not hard, and so is an excellent option for first-timers and families with children.
How do you get to Kaas Plateau from Mumbai?
Kaas Pathar Satara located 45 km from Mahabaleshwar and around 30 km from Satara in Maharashtra. The distance between Pune and Kaas Plateau is 136 km, reached in 2.5 to 3.5 hours via NH4. Its distance from Mumbai is 278 km and takes around 5 hours to reach by road via the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and then NH4.
The more adventurous visitors can even enjoy a bracing Kaas Plateau trek in the area, taking in the views and savoring the escape from the hustle and bustle. The Kaas Plateau Maharashtra is also known as the Kas Pathar which situated in the Western Ghat Sahyadri range, 22 kilometers from Satara. Kaas Plateau best time to visit 2021 is from September to October.
Kaas Plateau Frequently asked questions
1. Will we see flowers at Kaas Plateau Maharashtra?
Flowering at Kaas Plateau is a natural phenomenon lot of factors determine good flowering year you can google #kaasplateau for updated images to check flowers. We plan the visiting dates so that our participants have maximum chances of seeing wildflowers. Kindly confirm your Kas Pathar booking in advance as the number of passes available and slot timings sells out quickly.
2. Toilet Facility at Kaas Valley of Flowers Satara?
Kaas Plateau does not have public toilets. Toilets will be available when we stop for breakfast and lunch at the restaurant. In 2019 portable public toilets were installed near the entrance of the Kas Pathar Satara but it changes every year.
3. Kaas plateau of flowers Maharashtra Tour Food Preference?
Veg Food will be provided during the journey. Food provided is simple and nutritious.
4. Will we be camping near Kaas Plateau?
We have planned a One Day Trip for Kaas. Camping is not possible you can write to us firstname.lastname@example.org for group camping events. Whatsapp 8828004949
5. I want to do macro photography?
Kas Pathar Satara is perfect for macro photography. Things required for photography Macro lens / Flash / DSLR / Mirrorless camera. In case you don't have macro lens youtube Reverse Lens Macro Photography or Extension Tubes. You can also rent camera gear in Mumbai or Pune easily.
6. Will it Rain at Valley of Flowers Satara?
Yes, it rains quite a lot at Valley of Flowers Satara Maharashtra do carry your umbrella, Poncho, Rain jacket. Umbrella will also come handy on a sunny day.
7. Changing Facility at Kaas Plateau?
There are no proper changing rooms available on this tour we will try to accommodate your request.
8. What can I see at Kaas Pathar other than flowers?
Kaas Satara has a beautiful climate during monsoon the Bamnoli lake below Kas Pathar flower season is perfect to sit and relax we will try to show you maximum flowers possible. You can see windmills at Chalkewadi. Sajjangad fort from distance. If you enjoy watching birds, butterflies you will enjoy the day. Kaas Pathar booking needs to be done in advance as there are limited passes and they sell out weeks in advance.
9. Thoseghar Waterfall?
Thoseghar Waterfall is around two hours away from Kaas Plateau we will visit this majestic waterfall. The forest department has developed a well-marked walking path and viewpoints for the many waterfalls in this region. There is a camera fee and entry fee applies to enter the waterfall. Thoseghar Waterfall entry tickets can be bought on the spot though for Kaas Pathar online booking is compulsory.
10. Can you tell me about Chalkewadi Windmill Farms?
There are hundreds of towering Windmill setup for electricity generation. The windmill farms are located near Thoseghar waterfall one hour drive from Kas Pathar Satara.
11. Will we visit Sajjangad Fort?
We will pass by Sajjangad Fort on our way to Thoseghar due to time limitations we won't be able to visit. To completely explore many forts around Satara we would need 2 - 3 days.
12. Return Timings
Due to Increased Visitor Traffic at Kaas Plateau and Bad Highway Conditions return timings deadline can be missed. We have reached from 10.30 pm to 2 am at Dadar this season.
13. Kas registration 2021?
You can click on the book now button to register for the tour with us. In case you have any questions please whatsapp us or send us an inquiry by clicking on the button below book now. Kas Pathar online booking sells out weeks in advance register early to confirm your passes and seats. Kas Pathar season is very small starts mid-September to mid-October usually depends on the weather.
14. Can you tell me about Ajinkyatara Fort?
Ajinkyatara means The Impregnable Star is a fortress on one of the seven hills encircling the town of Satara in the Sahayadri Mountains of Maharashtra, India. The Ajinkyatara fort established at Ajinkyatara Mountain, which is 3,300 feet above the sea level. Ajinkyatara Satara has been the place where various crucial moments in Maratha history took place. Ajinkyatara Killa Satara, presently it also operates the television tower for the town of Satara.
15. Can you recommend some Kaas Plateau hotels?
There are many options available a few kilometres before the Maharashtra Pathar. You can choose from hotels with great views and excellent food. There are homestays, dormitory and Sajjangad Bhakt Niwas available for budget travellers. We are listing a few of the properties below.
Hotel Sahydri Pushpa
Shalgar Villa "The Home Stay"
Smile Resort, Kaas Pathar
Swapnnagari Kas Hill Resort
Dongarmatha Agro Tourism
Millennium Pam Resort
Kaas Woods Resort
Nivant Hill Resort
Hotel Green Valley