Kaas Plateau Tour also known as Maharashtra's Valley of Flowers. Kaas Plateau is situated on the high hills of Sahyadri in the Western Ghats. It is the best place to visit in the monsoon, from the mid of August to October. The whole plateau looks like a carpet in various shades. It's a unique place for flora researchers, nature lovers & photographers. Near about 175 various flower species found at Kaas Plateau and one of the few found on earth only at Kaas Plateau. In June 2012, UNESCO has announced this location as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
The plateau is home to 850 species of flowering plants, of which 624 have entered the Red Data Book, a state document that lists species whose existence is threatened. As many as 39 species are found only in Kaas region. Some of the rare species found here include Dipcadi montanum, Ceropegia vincaefolia, Pleocaulus ritchiei and Drosera burmannii. This is also the reason why the place is popular with nature lovers, flora researchers and also photographers.
Tour is ideal for People who are interested in Macro Photography and Landscape Photography and Flora and Fauna and Wildflowers.
Thoseghar is very famous for its high Waterfalls. one of which is around 500 meters tall. Thoseghar is a wonderful place for nature lovers. These Waterfalls are very attractive and creates a loud noise in the calm nature.
The term Sajjan actually means kind hearted or a gentle. And if the word GAD is added - which means fort. Then name of the fort actually means fort of kind people. Sajjangad as a fort has a lot of religious importance than historical importance. This fort was known by the name of Asvalayana Rishi, since he lived here for many years long ago. Sajjangad was earlier also known as Aswala gad. Aswala in marathi means a wild bear. Could be because of wandering bears in ancient time in this area. The fort was made by Bahmani emperors in between (1347-1527) and also under the command of Adil Shah and the Mughals. Sajjangad was a name that was bestowed by Shivaji Maharaja and requested Shri Ramdas Swami to set up his monastery. Shri Ramdas Swami has his final resting place here. Sant Ramdas was a social reformer, spiritual poet, and teacher, gifted composer, writer. Whose teachings are being followed even today in Maharashtra.
Kas Pathar Tour Highlights
- Macro Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Landscape Photography Kaas Plateau and Kaas Lake
- Birding we will play the game of counting the number of different birds spotted
- Witness amazing colours of wildflower blooms and diverse Flora and Fauna
- Thoseghar Waterfall visit
- Chalkewadi Plateau Windmills view from Thoseghar waterfall
- View of Sajjangad while returning from Thoseghar Waterfall
Kaas Pathar Tour Itinerary
05:30 Meet at Bank of Maharashtra, Shivajinagar.
05:45 Leave for Kaas Plateau of flowers.
(Pick up points on the way)
Breakfast on the way.
10:00 Reach Kaas Plateau. Sightseeing – Photography – Valley exploration.
11:30 Departure from Kaas Pathar.
13.30 Move towards Thoseghar Waterfall.
14:30 Thoseghar Waterfall. (Walk of 10 Minutes required to reach the Point of Thoseghar Waterfall.)
15:00 Move towards Sajjangad fort.
15:30 Reach at Sajjangad base and start ascending.
16:00 Reach on Sajjangad top and explore.
17:00 Start descending.
17:30 Reach at base and start return journey.
21:30 Approx. arrival at Pune.
Sajjangad visit may get cancelled if the traffic conditions are not suitable.
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune travel by a Non-AC bus.
- 1 Veg Breakfast and 1 Veg Lunch.
- Entry fee for Kaas Plateau & Thoseghar Waterfall.
- Treks and Trails India charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, etc.).
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.