Kaas Plateau Tour also known as Maharashtra's Valley of Flowers. Kaas Plateau is situated on the high hills of Sahyadri in the Western Ghats. It is the best place to visit in the monsoon, from the mid of August to October. The whole plateau looks like a carpet in various shades. It's a unique place for flora researchers, nature lovers & photographers. Near about 175 various flower species found at Kaas Plateau and one of the few found on earth only at Kaas Plateau. In June 2012, UNESCO has announced this location as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
The plateau is home to 850 species of flowering plants, of which 624 have entered the Red Data Book, a state document that lists species whose existence is threatened. As many as 39 species are found only in Kaas region. Some of the rare species found here include Dipcadi montanum, Ceropegia vincaefolia, Pleocaulus ritchiei and Drosera burmannii. This is also the reason why the place is popular with nature lovers, flora researchers and also photographers.
Tour is ideal for People who are interested in Macro Photography and Landscape Photography and Flora and Fauna and Wildflowers.
Thoseghar is very famous for its high Waterfalls. one of which is around 500 meters tall. Thoseghar is a wonderful place for nature lovers. These Waterfalls are very attractive and creates a loud noise in the calm nature.
Kas Pathar Tour Highlights
- Macro Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Landscape Photography Kaas Plateau and Kaas Lake
- Birding we will play the game of counting the number of different birds spotted
- Witness amazing colours of wildflower blooms and diverse Flora and Fauna
- Thoseghar Waterfall visit
- Chalkewadi Plateau Windmills view from Thoseghar waterfall
Cost for Kaas Plateau Tour from Pune
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1799/- per person
Kaas Pathar Tour Itinerary
04:45 am - Meet at McDonald's, Deccan.
05:00 am - Leave for Kaas Plateau of flowers.
05:15 am - Pick up at Navale Bridge.
Breakfast on the way.
08:30 am - Reach Kaas Plateau. Sightseeing, Macro Photography, Landscape Photography, Kaas Valley exploration - Forest Guide Tour.
12:00 pm - Departure from Kaas Lake for Thoseghar Waterfall.
Lunch on the way.
03:00 pm - Thoseghar Waterfall. (Walk of 10 Minutes required to reach the Point of Thoseghar Waterfall.)
04:00 pm - Start return journey towards Pune.
08:30 pm - Approx. arrival at Pune.
Kaas from Mumbai - click here
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune travel by a AC bus.
- 1 Veg Breakfast and 1 Veg Lunch.
- Entry fee for Kaas Plateau & Thoseghar Waterfall.
- Treks and Trails India charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, etc.).
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield (must)
- Sanitizer (must)
- Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trip
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.