Above Kavnai Fort
Kavnai fort is located on a hill near village Kavanai. The Kavanai village is well connected by road to Igatpuri. Kavnai is 18 km from Igatpuri. The religious place Kapildhara tirth is located near the kavnai village. The fort is located on a small hillock, north of the village.
One Day Trek to Kavnai Fort Event Details
Kavnai fort difficulty level : Medium
Kavnai fort base village : Kavnai
Kavnai fort height : 2500 ft.
Region : Igatpuri
Time required to climb Kavnai fort : 1.5 hour
Cost : Rs. 750/- per person
One Day Trek to Kavnai Fort Event Itinerary
Catch first CSMT-Kasara slow local
CSMT-Kasara slow local timing
05:00 Mumbai (CSMT)
07:40 Meeting at Kasara railway station and move towards base village by local Jeep.
Breakfast on the way.
09:15 Reach at base village.
09:30 Start ascending.
11:00 Reach on top. Explore and Lunch.
14:00 Reach at base village.
14:30 Start return journey to Kasara.
15:30 Reach at Kasara railway station and disperse.
People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Kavnai Fort Trek, no refund will be provided.
Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel from Kasara to Kavnai and back
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Kasara and back.
- Lunch for the trek.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Lunch for the trek.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
1. Can we drive till Kavnai?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Kavnai?
Three and half hours drive from Mumbai - 145 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Kavnai?
Six hours drive from Pune - 250 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
6. Is there any parking charge?
7. Is there food available on Kavnai fort?
No. Food available at base village.
8. Are toilet available on Kavnai fort?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
9. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
10. Are kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
11. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available.
12. Phone connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services.
13. Where will we stay?
No Homestay is required for this event.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
18.Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside Homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Kavnai Fort Trek | Night Trek from Nashik & Mumbai
A Night trek to Kavnai Fort, a hidden fort near the village of Kavnai in Nashik and get mesmerized by the surrounding view.
Kavnai Fort is located in a hillock, north of Kavanai village in Igatpuri Taluka of the Nashik district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The main gate and a small pond are the only remaining structures.
Nestled amongst the quaint villages of Igatpuri (On the way from Mumbai-Nashik Highway), Kavnai Fort stands as one of the least explored mountain climbs in the Sahyadri ranges.
The eastern range is known as Kalsubai range comprising of forts like Kalsubai, Kulang, Alang, Avandha-Patta while the eastern region includes Tringalwadi, Kavnai, Harihar, Brahmagiri and Anjaneri forts. This region can be rambled over from Igatpuri or Ghoti village.
It is one of the easy treks near Mumbai & Pune.
Shivaji Maharaj included this fort under his kingdom after his coronation
The fort is around 2500 feet high above sea level.
Kavnai is a well-rounded trek, that can satisfy your thirst for weekend travel !!
Incoming search terms related to Kavnai Fort: kavnai fort information in marathi, kavnai fort trek blog, kavnai fort blog, kavnai temple, kavnai fort trek difficulty, kavnai night trek, harihar fort, kasara fort