Matheran Hill Station is one of the most surreal sites near which is only 110 kilometers from Pune and 80 kilometers from Mumbai. This exceptional and unexplored campsite is situated around Neral, which is perfect for an awesome weekend getaway. Close yet far from the swarmed Lonavala, you can camp here and enjoy nature at its utmost.
Life in the city makes it a must to set out on a quick weekend getaway, to escape the chaos and madness of the urban jungle. Matheran Hill Station camping is one of its kind as it presents its campers with myriad visuals of scenic beauty, never seen before. The campsite will give you a true raw camping experience in nature.
Located on the mound of the Matheran near Neral Karjat is a quiet campsite encircled by historical hiking routes of Dodhani, Garbett, One tree hill, and Peb fort. The Matheran lake water is supposed to be sparkling that reflect the sky. Matheran campsite countryside backdrop and old-world charm are what attract the campers most to this peaceful abode.
Matheran Camping Details
- Sharing basis tent stay with mat and blanket
- Western toilets available
- Movie screening on Weekdays
- Live Music on Weekends
- Small midnight trek
- Only Veg food
- Campsite distance from Matheran railway station: 1.5km
- Child - 1200 Rs per person (4 years and 9 years)
- Adult - 2000 Rs per person (10 years and above)
- Child - 1400 Rs per person (4 years and 9 years)
- Adult - 2200 Rs per person (10 years and above)
Matheran Camping Itinerary
12:00 pm Check-in at the campsite
01:00 pm Lunch
02:00 pm to 05:00 pm Enjoy campsite activities
06:00 pm High tea
Midnight Trek (20 to 25min walk)
5:30 to 6:30 am Sunrise Morning Trek
07:30 am Freshen up.
09:00 am Breakfast
10:00 am Check out
We have daily batches for Matheran camping. Please contact us for weekday batches booking. Call or Whatsapp at 8828004949
What is included in the tour
- Tents on sharing basis with mat and blanket
- Only Veg Meals (High Tea | Lunch | Dinner | Breakfast)
- Games, Campfire
- Movie screening on Weekdays
- Live Music on Weekends
- Midnight trek
- Morning Trek
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any transportation
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Face mask or shield
- Torch with extra batteries
- Extra pair of clothes & towel
- Trekking shoes
- Warm clothing (during winter)
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Identity proof
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Why stay in a Matheran resort when you can go Matheran camping?
Staying in a Matheran resort is like staying in a hideaway. It's comfortable, but it's not as fun or exciting as camping. Matheran camping has all the amenities you need.
Camping is like a sleeping bag for your soul, and it's a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and reconnect with nature. Enjoying living life to the fullest is rewarding.
The Matheran campsite has many activities for the evening, from live singing performances, Music, Food, and Barbecue. Comfortable tents and clean washrooms are available.
Matheran camping can be a fun and adventurous way to get away from the rush of everyday life, so taking a break from work is refreshing and allows for new perspectives to be gained.
Camping is like a journey into the great unknown. Just as with a trip, you can't know what to expect until you're there.
Why should you try Camping in Matheran and skip staying at a Matheran hotel?
Why should you go Matheran camping? It's like going to a different world, and you can unplug from the stresses of your everyday life and enjoy the great outdoors.
The campsite has all the amenities from live music, performance, clean tents, and toilets. Food is fantastic; enjoy unlimited dinner and limited barbecue by the bonfire. Meet like-minded travelers and connect with backpackers.
Matheran Camping is an inclusive package it helps you save on your Matheran hotel stay, which can be expensive for large groups.
Just like camping can be a fun and freeing experience, so can traveling to new and exciting places. Both can give you a sense of adventure and a new perspective on life.
Matheran toy train news?
Cyclone Nisarga in 2020 destroyed the Neral to Aman Lodge Matheran railway route, which led to the suspension of the Matheran toy train. The famous train route among tourists is under reconstruction work now.
Matheran Aman Lodge to Neral Railway station track should be open to tourists by December 2022. The Toy Train Matheran is currently running between Dasturi Matheran and Aman Lodge around two kilometers.
Is the Matheran toy train open for tourists?
On two kilometers, Toy Train Matheran is now operational from Dasturi Matheran near the MTDC to Aman Lodge Matheran market. The Neral to Matheran Toy Train route was damaged due to cyclone Nisarga 2020. The reconstruction of the famous train is expected to get over by December 2022.
About Matheran Hill Station
It is Asia's only hill station without automobiles, and cars are not allowed inside the hill station. You can either walk and explore Matheran Hill station by hiring a horse or rickshaw pulled by locals.
In Matheran, there are around 38 official look-outs "points," also known as viewpoints, including the Panorama Point, which offers a 360-degree view over the surrounding area and the town of Neral.
Hikers and locals use many hiking trails to reach Matheran from Karjat, Neral, Chowk, Panvel, Dodhani, and other places. Famous hiking trails are Garbett point trek, One tree hill trek, and Peb Fort Trek. Matheran Hill station camping is favored now because it is like a breath of fresh air.
Places to visit in Matheran hill station
Matheran is an idyllic hill station nestled in the lap of the Sahyadri mountain range. Explore Matheran on your next vacation and enjoy its natural bounty.
Famous for its misty, green forests and beautiful landscapes. Matheran is a popular weekend getaway destination from Mumbai.
Charlotte Lake: One of Matheran's most attractive attractions. It is a fantastic site for campers and picnickers and an ideal fast getaway for those seeking peace amid nature.
Birdwatching is a common hobby in this highly inhabited woodland. Catch a stunning vista of Echo Point and Louisa Point by visiting Charlotte Lake at sunrise or sunset.
Pisharnath Mahadev Mandir, an old Shiva temple, is located on one side of Charlotte lake. The temple's Shiva Linga, a distinctive feature unlike the normal black ones, is stained with vermillion and slanted to one side.
This lake, which is only a short walk from the main market area, is the city of Matheran's principal supply of pure drinking water. Charlotte Lake is formed by a dam that overflows when it rains, creating a beautiful tiny cascade and the shimmering lake in the monsoon.
Sylvia Waterfall, one of Matheran attractions, is created when the dam overflows during the rainy seasons.