Gorakhgad is a fort that can be done easily in a day from Mumbai. Though not famous for any historical events, Gorakhgad attracts trekkers due to its inviting pinnacles, which offer good opportunities for rock-climbing. This region of Gorakhgad and Machchindragad has a dense forest cover. Fort Gorakhgad is quite small in size. It was had strategic importance during the reign of Shahaji Raje. However, no major battle is recorded to have taken place here. It was used in Shivaji Maharaj era to patrol the nearby region and was used as a stopover station during the journey to Junnar via Naneghat. Though small in size, there is enough availability water and a lot of space for accommodation. The fort gets its name from Saint Gorakhnath, who performed his “Sadhana” in this place.
Gorakhgad Fort Details
- Gorakhgad Fort Height 2137 feet
- Meeting Point - Kalyan ST Stand
- Region Malshej
- Duration Gorakhgad Trek - 1 Day trek
- Cost - Rs 800
Event Itinerary for Gorakhgad trek
06:45 Report at Kalyan ST stand near enquiry counter
07:15 Travel Kalyan to Dehri by Bus & Jeep.
09:15 Reach Dehri Village, breakfast at Dehri, introduction, orientation
10:00 Start trek Gorakhgad.
12:30 Summit Gorakhgad, have lunch and rest.
15:00 Start descending Gorakhgad .
17:00 Reach Dehri Village.
17:30 Start travel Kalyan to Dehri by Jeep & Bus.
19:30 Disperse at Kalyan station
What is included in the tour
- Transport by non AC local ST bus
- shared auto ride wherever required.
- 1 Veg breakfast
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered. Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Haversack and sweater/wind cheater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk)
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes.
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.