Dodhani Village to Matheran Sunset Point Trek
Dodhani Village is situated at foot hills of Matheran you can see Chanderi fort and Peb Fort which are located near it. We will be trekking from Dodhani Village to Matheran Sunset Point Trek. Matheran which means forest on the forehead of the mountains is an eco-sensitive region, declared by the Ministry of Environment and Forest, Government of India. It is Asia's only automobile-free hill station. Dodhani Point is also known as Sunset point from here Prabalgad Fort, Kalavantin Durg, Irshalgad, Karnala Fort, Morbe Dam are visible. Matheran Sunset point is where every traveller to Matheran assembles at the end of day.
Our uphill trek will take us through grass patches and rice fields. We will cross one small waterfall and forest area after gaining some height we will reach a small temple with opening we can rest here and enjoy snacks. Our trek will begin again we would gaining height more quickly now trek will be more tiring now. We can see the fog which Matheran Hill Station is famous after another one hour of trek from temple we will have reached sunset point. Matheran Bazaar is another 3.5 km walk from Sunset Point.
Major attractions Dodhani Village to Matheran Sunset Point Trek
- Beautiful Waterfall during Monsoon.
- View of Prabalgad and KalavntinDurg.
- Exploring hidden side of Matheran.
- Shopping and Visit to Matheran Bazaar Peth.
Event Details Dodhani to Matheran Trek
- Location Matheran
- Base Village Dodhani near Panvel
- Matheran Sunset Point Height 2,200 feet above sea level.
- Matheran Sunset Point Trek Grade Easy.
- Duration Matheran Sunset Point Trek 2.5 hrs of Ascend
- Distance Dodhani to Matheran Sunset Point Trek 3 kms
Event Itinerary Matheran Trek
Please board the Panvel Train for Matheran Trek
Participant can directly meet at Panvel Railway Station Ticket Counter
- 06:00 CSMT
- 06:18 Vadala Road
- 06:29 Kurla
- 06:49 Vashi
- 06:58 Nerul
- 07:20 Panvel
- From Thane
- 06:20 Thane
- 06:37 Koparkhairane
- 06:49 Nerul
- 07:12 Panvel
- 07:30 Meet us at Panvel Station Near ticket counter
- 07:45 Proceed towards ST Bus Depot
- 08:00 Leave for Dodhani
- 09:00 Reach Dodhani Base Village and have breakfast
- 09:30 Start ascending
- 12.30 Reach the top
- 13:00 Have lunch & explore Matheran
- 15.30 Move towards Dasturi Naka from Matheran Station
- 17.00 Reach Neral & have evening snacks
- 17.30 Start return journey
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Matheran Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
What is included in the tour
Travel from Panvel to Dodhani.
1 veg Breakfast & Evening Snacks.
Taxi charges from Dasturi Naka to Neral.
Matheran Entry fee.
Treks and Trails Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
Travel cost from Mumbai to Panvel.
Travel cost from Neral to Mumbai.
Lunch for the trek.
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.