Kothaligad Trek - Peth Fort Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steep steps are carved leading to the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialties of the cave.
Click here for Kothaligad Fireflies Night Trek
Kothaligad Trek Event Details
- Kothaligad (Peth) Trek difficulty level Medium
- Base village for Kothaligad Fort Trek | Peth Fort Trek: Peth village / Ambivali village for car parking
- Peth Fort Region: Karjat, Raigad District
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Fort Trek you will need a maximum of 2.5 hours from Ambivali
- Peth Fort Trek Duration One Day and One Night
- Kothaligad (Peth) fort height: 3100 feet approx.
Cost for Kothaligad Trek 2023
- Cost without transport: Rs. 699/- per person (coming by your own vehicle)
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1399/- per person (Mumbai to Mumbai)
Kothaligad Trek Itinerary
- 05:10 Meet at SGNP main gate, Borivali.
- 05:15 Leave for Kothaligad trek.
- 05:35 Meet at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
- 05:50 Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
- 06:05 Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 06:15 Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur.
- 06:40 Pick up at Vashi below the main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
- 07:00 Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
07:30 Karjat phata (Chowk) - Meeting point for direct people.
08:30 Reach at base village and have a breakfast.
09:00 Start ascending.
12:00 Reach on top and explore.
13:00 Start descending.
14:00 Reach at Peth village. Have a Lunch.
15:00 Start descending further to base village.
17:00 Reach at base village and start return journey towards Mumbai.
21:00 Approx. arrival at Mumbai. (Depends upon traffic)
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Mumbai to Mumbai travel by non-Ac private vehicle
- Forest entry charges
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till base village and back (without transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters with rain cover
- Winter jacket
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Rain wear
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Kothaligad Trek Detailed Itinerary
The Kothaligad Trek is a popular trek that takes you to the Kothaligad Fort or Peth Fort. The trek can be divided into two halves: Ambivli to Peth Gaon and Peth Gaon to Kothaligad Fort Summit. Here is a detailed itinerary for the trek:
First Half: Ambivli to Peth Gaon
Trailhead: Ambivli, located at 221 feet above sea level.
Trek duration: Two hours.
Trek distance: Three kilometers.
You can reach Peth Gaon by using an FWD SUV with local permissions.
Peth Gaon is located at a height of 1255 feet above sea level.
The trail from Ambivli to Peth Gaon is a gentle climb with valley views. During the rainy season, you can see waterfalls on this trail.
Wear comfortable trekking shoes as the trail changes from a tar road to a dirt trail with muddy and slippery sections.
After reaching the Peth plateau, you can enjoy the beautiful view of Kothaligad Fort or Peth Fort. The plateau offers stunning sights during the monsoon, with waterfalls flowing from the fort onto the plateau and into the valley. You can also witness the phenomenon of reverse waterfalls on the Peth village plateau.
Second Half: Peth Gaon to Kothaligad Fort
Distance from Peth Gaon to Fort Summit: 1.4 kilometers.
Time to cover this distance: 1.5 hours.
Locals charge an entry fee of Rs 50 per head and provide guides on weekends to navigate the tricky rock patch section.
Peth village is a tribal village in the Sahyadri mountain range, known for farming and cattle rearing.
After a diversion from Peth village, the trail becomes steep and exhausting, with rocky trails and steps.
Follow the arrows painted on rocks to stay on the correct route.
Caution is advised during the rainy season as some sections are exposed to steep narrow trails.
As you climb, you'll pass through caves, water reservoirs, and crumbling gates of the fort. The climb becomes steeper, and you'll reach the Fort's main entrance with beautiful carvings of lions and elephants on the walls.
At the summit, you'll find a water cistern and remnants of fortification. The panoramic view from the top offers a breathtaking 360° view of the surrounding ranges, including the Bhimashankar wildlife reserve.
To descend, you'll take the same route back to Peth Village, enjoying the walk and stopping at dhabas for refreshments. It takes around two to three hours to descend to the trailhead.
Throughout the trek, make sure to stay hydrated, carry snacks, and wear appropriate trekking gear. The Kothaligad Fort Trek offers unique attractions such as the fort's thumb-like structure, well-preserved ancient cannons, and the panoramic view from the hilltop. During the rainy season, you can see the beauty of waterfalls and fog in the surrounding area.
1. Can we drive till Ambivali for Kothaligad Trekking?
Yes, Kothaligad Trekking location is available on google maps. We will provide the meeting location after booking if you are coming by own transport. Please reach on time as per itinerary trek leader won't be able to wait in case you arrive late. No refund shall be provided if you miss the trek start timing. You have signed up for a group event kindly cooperate.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali? Mumbai to Kothaligad distance?
Kothaligad trek distance from Mumbai is 90 kilometers. It takes two and a half-hour drive from Mumbai. Kothaligad trek height is 945 meters, and trek distance is 6.5 kilometers both ways. Karjat to Kothaligad distance is 30 kilometers will take one hour to cover this distance.
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali? Pune to Kothaligad distance?
Kothaligad trek distance from Pune is 135 km and takes three hours to reach. Kothaligad Trek distance is 3.5 kilometers one way. Kothaligad Trek distance is 3.5 kilometers one way. Kothaligad trek height is 945 meters.
4. The number of days required for Kothaligad Trekking?
One Night and One Day are required for Kothaligad Fort Night Trek. One Day for a monsoon Kothaligad trek Karjat. You can read about our trek to Kothaligad fort blog here.
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad - Peth Village?
Food available at the base village during the day
6. How much time is required to climb the Kothaligad Trek route?
We will need from 2.5 hours to 3 hours; one way for this Kothaligad Trek location. Kothaligad trek difficulty level is easy to medium depending on hikers stamina, endurance, fitness, and previous experience in the Sahyadri Treks.
7. Where can we park our cars at Karjat Kothaligad Trek?
Peth Kothaligad Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge at Kothaligad Karjat ?
Yes, parking space is available at Peth Kothaligad base village. Locals might ask for parking fees.
9. Is Toilet Available on Kothaligad Fort?
- Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available
- Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House eastern style commode from where we will begin the trek.
10. Do single traveler’s female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events, Single traveling females join our events. Kids and senior citizens have also successfully completed summit to Kothaligad Fort.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks near Mumbai?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available. Food is simple and nutritious, the taste will be different as it is cooked by locals.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway / Google pay
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity or charging points are available during the trek. Please carry a power bank if required. The cell phone range is limited.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 30 degree - Day 39 degree approx. During monsoon, heavy rains are expected please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets to protect them. During winter and summer please wear full sleeves T-shirt and full track pants to avoid sunburns, prickly thorns, insect bites.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
No smoking, chewing tobacco, drinking, smoking hookah, drugs are not allowed on our treks. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis. Participants creating trouble will be asked to leave the event without a refund.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside homestay. Music is not allowed you will miss out on important instruction being passed by trek leader. You can enjoy the sounds of nature in the outdoors while hiking.
21. How do I make payment for Kothaligad Fort Trek?
You can pay online on our website on the book now button. In case your question is not listed above you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We also have the option to pay using UPI | Google Pay | Paytm | IMPS. You can click on the book now button all options are available to complete your payment.
22. Mumbai to Kothaligad Fort Trek Distance?
Kothligad Fort located 90 km from Mumbai, You can drive till base village we will provide you the google maps. The fort near Karjat is easily reachable by road till base village.
23. Which is the best season to see Kothaligad Fireflies?
Before monsoon starts, you can see fireflies at Kothaligad Fort. Mostly during the months of May and June.
24. Kothaligad Map? Peth fort trek route map?
Kothaligad Trek 2023 | Peth Fort Trek | Trek near Mumbai & Pune
A Monsoon Trek to Kothaligad Fort witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Mumbai & Pune. Kothaligad Fort is situated to the east of Karjat near Karjat-Murbad Road in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area, because of its small height and thrill climbing. It is also known as the Fort of Peth because of its vicinity to Peth village at its base. Kothaligad Top offers 360-degree views of the Sahyadri ranges. Kothaligad Fort which is located in the vicinity of Mumbai and is a perfect weekend getaway.
How do I get to Kothaligad Trek Karjat? How to reach Kothaligad from Mumbai? How to go to kothaligad trek?
From Mumbai. The best way to reach Kothaligad is to take a suburban train going to Karjat and alight at Neral station. From Neral regularly shared 6-seater Vikram | Tum-tum rickshaw service is available to Kashele. This is charged at Rs 55 per seat. Kothaligad Fort, aka Fort of Peth, is 3100 feet high fort in Karjat, famous for temples & caves. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Maharashtra. Peth, also known as 'Kothaligad', is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21 Km North East of Karjat.
Kothaligad Fort or Kothaligad Peth Fort trek is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area with Witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. During the monsoon beauty of the place on its peak. It is near to Mumbai and Pune. You have to reach Karjat Railway station on the central railway line. Walk this way for a rejuvenating trek in Maharashtra, short and light enough for the whole family as you visit the Kothaligad fort and learn about the Kothaligad history. Kothaligad to Mumbai public transport is difficult to find late in the evening please plan your trek accordingly. Karjat to Kothaligad local sharing rickshaw are available and State transport bus also.
Are you looking for a new adventure, Kothaligad in monsoon?
Kothaligad is the perfect destination for monsoon trekking near Karjat and exploring. It's an untouched paradise with lush green forests, waterfalls, caves and rock-cut steps—the weather in Kothaligad in monsoon beautiful all around, from fog to rain to sunshine to high winds. You can explore it with Treks and Trails India. So book a trek with us!
We have Kothaligad Trek in monsoon suitable for everyone whether you're an experienced hiker or want to see what the fuss is about! With our expert guides and our affordable rates, we'll make sure you get the best experience possible at Kothaligad. So book your trek with us today! Read Kothaligad trek blog by our trek leader. For Kothaligad images please click on the photogallery on top right corner of the page.
Do you want to explore the beauty of the Kothaligad Peth trek?
Explore the monsoon in the Kothaligad Peth trek. Trek near Karjat Raigad district through lush green forests, hike up waterfalls and take in stunning views. Enjoy a challenging hike near Mumbai or a leisurely walk with your family. You can do it all here!
The best way to experience Kothaligad (Peth) fort by booking a trek today! We have trekking near Karjat, Raigad District, for every level of fitness and interest. So whether you're looking for something challenging or relaxing, the Kothaligad trek route is a perfect fit for you. Kothaligad trek height is 3100 feet above sea level. So book now before time runs out! So please chat with us right now to book your trek today!
Places to visit near Kothaligad Fort trekking in Karjat?
Treks and Trails India offer trekking tours in India that are designed to be adventurous and exciting. Places to visit near Karjat fort Kothaligad Fort are Solanpada waterfall Neral, Bhimashankar, Garbett Point Trek, Sondai Fort, Peb Fort, Nakhind Ridge, Diksal Waterfall, Bhivpuri Waterfall.
You can choose from many different routes in the Western Ghats. Our expert guides will lead you through some of the most beautiful landscapes near Mumbai. Explore with us! We want to show you what it means to live life adventurously and enjoy every moment of it.
How to trek with kids during a trek?
Trekking with kids can be a fantastic family adventure! Here are some tips to make it a great experience: Choose trails suitable for their age and abilities. Pack plenty of snacks, water, and their favorite treats to keep their energy up. Encourage them to explore and appreciate nature along the way. Take regular breaks for rest and games. Ensure they have comfortable shoes and dress in layers for the changing weather. Embrace the adventure together and create lasting memories. Have fun!
Which trek do you recommend for kids around Mumbai?
For kid-friendly treks near Mumbai, there are several options to choose from. Sondai, Karnala, and Lohagad offer scenic trails with moderate difficulty suitable for children. Prabalmachi, Matheran, and Korigad provide a mix of nature and historical exploration. Jambulmal and One Tree Hill are ideal for shorter treks with beautiful views. Dodhani Village in Matheran is another excellent choice for a family-friendly trek. Each of these destinations offers a unique experience and a chance for kids to connect with nature while enjoying the outdoors.
Kids trek near Mumbai - click here
Is it safe to go on a trek during monsoon in Maharashtra?
Trekking in Maharashtra during the monsoon season can be safe if proper precautions are taken. It is critical to choose well-maintained trails, listen to experienced guides, and stay up to date on weather conditions. Avoid going into unsafe regions or attempting dangerous river crossings. Always prioritise safety and be ready for slippery terrain and unpredictable weather.
How to protect your gadgets in monsoon trek
To protect your gadgets during a monsoon trek, take essential precautions. Invest in waterproof covers or cases for your gadgets and use a dry bag or waterproof pouch to store them when not in use. Ziplock bags can provide additional protection. Place silica gel packs in your bags to absorb moisture. Use umbrellas or rain covers to shield your gadgets from rain. Avoid submerging them in water and consider backing up your data regularly. Carry power banks or extra batteries for backup power. Being cautious will help ensure the safety of your gadgets in wet conditions.
What should I pack for a monsoon trek in Maharashtra?
Pack essential items such as a waterproof backpack, rainproof jacket, quick-drying clothing, extra pairs of socks, trekking shoes with good grip, insect repellent, a waterproof cover for electronic devices, and a first aid kit. Carry enough water and energy snacks as well.
Are leeches a problem during monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Yes, leeches can be encountered during monsoon treks in Maharashtra, especially in forested areas. To protect yourself, wear long socks, tuck your pants into your socks, and apply insect repellent on your legs. Carry a salt or lime solution to detach leeches if they attach to your skin.
What are some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra include Harishchandragad, Rajmachi, Andharban, Kalsubai, Bhimashankar, Tikona Fort, Torna Fort, Ratangad, Naneghat, and Visapur Fort. These treks offer scenic beauty and a unique experience during the monsoon season.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at email@example.com
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )