Camping In The Shadow Of Kothaligad's Famous 'Pinnacle'
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are the specialty of the cave. During monsoon, you can see many beautiful waterfalls below the fort. The fort looks like an inverted funnel; it is also known as funnel hill. Kothaligad Fort is famous for its night trek during winter and summer months. During fireflies season one can also spot fireflies while trekking.
Kothaligad Trek Event Details
- Kothaligad Trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Kothaligad Fort: Ambivali village | Peth village
- Campsite is at Pethmachi
- Kothaligad Fort Region: Karjat
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Peth Fort: maximum 2.5 hours (one day) from Ambivali
- Kothaligad fort height: 3100 feet above sea level
Cost for Kothaligad Trek and Camping
- Cost with Transport: Rs. 1499/- per person (Karjat to Karjat)
- Cost without Transport: Rs. 1199/- per person (coming by your own vehicle)
Kothaligad Trek and Camping Itinerary
Day One – Saturday
Please board the train from the nearest railway station from your house.
Catch Karjat fast local from CST.
CST – Karjat fast local time table.
- 02:45 pm - CST
- 02:52 pm - Byculla
- 02:58 pm - Dadar
- 03:05 pm - Kurla
- 03:09 pm - Ghatkopar
- 03:25 pm - Thane
- 03:41 pm - Dombivali
- 03:50 pm - Kalyan
- 04:41 pm - Karjat
04:45 pm - Meeting at Karjat railway station and start journey towards Ambivali by local tumtum.
05:30 pm - Reporting time for direct participant.
06:00 pm - Reach at base village.
06:30 pm - Start ascending towards Peth village.
08:30 pm - Reach at Peth village and check in at the campsite.
09:30 pm - Dinner (veg/non-veg).
Day Two – Sunday
05:00 am - Wake up and freshen up.
05:30 am - Start ascending towards Kothaligad.
06:30 am - Reach on Kothaligad top. Enjoy the beautiful sunrise and explore the fort.
07:30 am - Start descending towards Peth village.
08:30 am - Reach at Peth Village and have Breakfast.
09:00 am - Descend continue to Ambivali village.
10:30 am - Reach at Ambivali.
10:45 am - Strat return journey towards Karjat by local tumtum.
12:30 pm - Reach Karjat station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kothaligad Trek and Camping, no refund will be provided.
- Simple Indian washrooms available at campsite.
What is included in the tour
- 1 Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Tent stay on sharing basis
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost till Karjat and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra batteries
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping mat, Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Proper backpack (No side bag or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars / ready to eat food
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal medicine
- Extra Clothes, Napkin
- Winter Jacket, Cap, Muffler
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitiser bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wears full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare centre.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
1. Can we drive to Ambivali for Kothaligad Trekking?
Yes, Kothaligad Trekking location is available on Google Maps. We will provide the meeting location after booking if you are coming by your own transport. Please arrive on time as the trek leader cannot wait if you're late. No refund will be provided for missing the trek start time. Kindly cooperate as you have signed up for a group event.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali? Mumbai to Kothaligad distance?
The distance from Mumbai to Kothaligad trek is 90 kilometers, which takes approximately two and a half hours by car. Kothaligad trek has a height of 945 meters, and the trek distance is 6.5 kilometers round trip. The distance from Karjat to Kothaligad is 30 kilometers, which can be covered in one hour.
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali? Pune to Kothaligad distance?
The distance from Pune to Kothaligad is 135 kilometers and takes about three hours to reach. The one-way trek distance for Kothaligad is 3.5 kilometers. The trek reaches an elevation of 945 meters.
4. How many days are required for Kothaligad Trekking?
One night and one day are required for the Kothaligad Fort Night Trek. One day is needed for a monsoon Kothaligad trek from Karjat. You can read about our trek to Kothaligad fort on our blog.
5. Is food available in Kothaligad - Peth Village?
Food is available at the base village during the day.
6. How much time is required to climb the Kothaligad Trek route?
It takes around 2.5 to 3 hours one way to climb the Kothaligad Trek. The difficulty level of the trek is easy to medium, depending on hikers' stamina, endurance, fitness, and previous experience in Sahyadri Treks.
7. Where can we park our cars for the Karjat Kothaligad Trek?
You can park your cars at the Peth Kothaligad Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge at Kothaligad Karjat?
Yes, parking space is available at the Peth Kothaligad base village. Locals might ask for parking fees.
9. Are toilets available on Kothaligad Fort?
Toilets are not available during the trek. Provision for toilet tents will be made at the Villagers' House with eastern-style commode, from where we will begin the trek.
10. Do solo female travelers sign up for these events?
Yes, solo female travelers join our events. We have a 60-40% or more male-female ratio. Kids and senior citizens have also successfully completed the summit to Kothaligad Fort.
11. Are kids allowed on treks near Mumbai?
Kids below 15 years are allowed with parental supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only vegetarian, local, home-cooked food is available. The food is simple, nutritious, and cooked by locals, so the taste may be different.
13. Is there phone connectivity during the trek?
There is limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted. Registration requires 100% upfront payment via Paytm/UPI/NEFT/IMPS/Payment Gateway/Google Pay. On-the-spot payment is not accepted as advance booking is necessary for bus/jeep and other arrangements.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water will be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
There are no electricity or charging points available during the trek. Please carry a power bank if required. The cell phone range is limited.
17. How is the current weather?
During summer, the temperature at night is around 30 degrees Celsius, and during the day, it is around 39 degrees Celsius. Heavy rains are expected during the monsoon, so it is advisable to double-pack expensive phones and gadgets for protection. In winter and summer, wearing full sleeves T-shirts and full track pants is recommended to avoid sunburns, prickly thorns, and insect bites.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
No smoking, chewing tobacco, drinking, smoking hookah, or using drugs are allowed on our treks. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be immediately asked to leave the event without a refund. Participants causing trouble will also be asked to leave without a refund.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking. Bluetooth speakers are not allowed inside the homestay. Enjoy the sounds of nature and important instructions from the trek leader during the hike.
20. How do I make payment for Kothaligad Fort Trek?
You can pay online through our website's "Book Now" button. For any unlisted questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment options include UPI, Google Pay, Paytm, IMPS, and other online methods available through the "Book Now" button.
21. Mumbai to Kothaligad Fort Trek Distance?
Kothligad Fort is located 90 km from Mumbai. You can drive to the base village, and we will provide you with Google Maps directions. The fort near Karjat is easily reachable by road till the base village.
22. Which is the best season to see Kothaligad Fireflies?
Before the monsoon starts, you can see fireflies at Kothaligad Fort, mostly during May and June.
23. Places to visit near Kothaligad Fort trekking in Karjat?
Treks and Trails India offer trekking tours in India that are designed to be adventurous and exciting. Places to visit near Karjat fort Kothaligad Fort are Solanpada waterfall Neral, Bhimashankar, Garbett Point Trek, Sondai Fort, Peb Fort, Nakhind Ridge, Diksal Waterfall, Bhivpuri Waterfall.
You can choose from many different routes in the Western Ghats. Our expert guides will lead you through some of the most beautiful landscapes near Mumbai. Explore with us! We want to show you what it means to live life adventurously and enjoy every moment of it. Let's go together!
24. Kothaligad Map? Peth fort trek route map?
How do I get to Kothaligad Trek Karjat? How to reach Kothaligad from Mumbai? How to go to kothaligad trek?
From Mumbai. The best way to reach Kothaligad is to take a suburban train going to Karjat and alight at Neral station. From Neral regularly shared 6-seater Vikram | Tum-tum rickshaw service is available to Kashele. This is charged at Rs 55 per seat. Kothaligad Fort, aka Fort of Peth, is 3100 feet high fort in Karjat, famous for temples & caves. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Maharashtra. Peth, also known as 'Kothaligad', is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21 Km North East of Karjat.
Kothaligad Fort or Kothaligad Peth Fort trek is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area with Witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. During the monsoon beauty of the place on its peak. It is near to Mumbai and Pune. You have to reach Karjat Railway station on the central railway line. Walk this way for a rejuvenating trek in Maharashtra, short and light enough for the whole family as you visit the Kothaligad fort and learn about the Kothaligad history. Kothaligad to Mumbai public transport is difficult to find late in the evening please plan your trek accordingly. Karjat to Kothaligad local sharing rickshaw are available and State transport bus also.
Do you want to explore the beauty of the Kothaligad Peth trek?
Explore the monsoon in the Kothaligad Peth trek. Trek near Karjat Raigad district through lush green forests, hike up waterfalls and take in stunning views. Enjoy a challenging hike near Mumbai or a leisurely walk with your family. You can do it all here!
The best way to experience Kothaligad (Peth) fort by booking a trek today! We have trekking near Karjat, Raigad District, for every level of fitness and interest. So whether you're looking for something challenging or relaxing, the Kothaligad trek route is a perfect fit for you. Kothaligad trek height is 3100 feet above sea level. So book now before time runs out! So please chat with us right now to book your trek today!
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at email@example.com
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )