Overnight Trek to the Sudhagad fort
About Sudhagad Fort
The only fort which was considered before Raigad for establishing as the capital of Shiv Swarajya, Sudhagad is a gigantic fort with a huge plateau atop. Tactfully fortified this was one was one of the mightiest and inaccessible fort of that time. A well built temple of Bhoraidevi is the only place for shelter atop. There is deepmal in front of the temple. Few remnants of Tulsi Vrundawan lay in the vicinity. The main attraction on this fort is the Mahadarwaja at Dhomse side which is an exact replica of the Mahadarwaja at Raigad, and still is in good shape.
What's in it for me?
- Overnight Trek
- Astro Photography
- Night photography
- Offbeat trek
Note: Participant a required to buy their own train tickets till Nagothane.
Upcoming Events This Week
Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 / 9764461419 / 9867046166
1. Prabalmachi Camping - Learn More - https://goo.gl/gjmCVD- Rs 1200.00 per person
One Day Trek - Easy Treks
1. Karnala Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/1LFDAr - Rs 800 per person
2. Karnala Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/1LFDAr - Rs 800 per person
3. Lohagad Fort Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/kteP6R - Rs 800.00 per person
4. Visapur Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/dtTsPd - Rs 800.00 per person
5. Kothaligad Trek - Peth Trek - on 24th June 2018 Learn More - https://goo.gl/qcRrJT - Rs 900.00 per person
6. Tikona Fort Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/n7Ji18 - Rs 1000.00 per person
One Night One Day Treks - Medium Grade
1. Rajmachi & Kondhane Caves Overnight Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/ErjCgh - Rs 1600.00 per person.
2. Naneghat Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/QDzLBc - Rs 1200.00 per person.
3. Korigad Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/CdE2tx - Rs 1300.00 per person.
4. Andharban Trek from Mumbai - Learn More https://goo.gl/7CUfPs - Rs 1300.00 per person.
5. Kalsubai Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/gi99q2- Rs 1300.00 per person.
1. Andharban Trek from Pune - Learn More - https://goo.gl/doiJwd - Rs 1200.00 per person.
2. Kalsubai Trek from Pune - Learn More - https://goo.gl/Kv2693 - Rs 1300.00 per person.
Event Details - Sudhagad Fort
Type: Hill Fort
Sudhagad Fort Height - 2030 feet
Trek Sudhagad Difficulty Grade - Medium
Base Village Sudhagad Fort Thakurwadi
Minimum 5 Participants required.
Maximum 20 Participants
Cost: Rs 750.00
08:00 Take the Roha passenger train.
10:15 Alight at Nagothane railway station.
11:00 Take ST bus to Pali
11:40 Reach Pali - Lunch – in Pali village
14:00 Move to Thakurwadi
14:30 Reach base village
14:45 Trek starts
17:00 Reach the summit.
Prepare Dinner and evening refreshment. Night photography if possible and retire for the day.
Day 2: Sunday
07:30 Light morning breakfast.
09:30 Start Descend
12:30 Reach base village Pali
15:00 Departure for Mumbai via train from Nagothane railway station.
Transport from Nagothane bus depot to Pali by local avaiable transport. Travel from Pali to Thakurwadi by local transport, 3 veg meals, 1 veg breakfast with tea and TreksandTrails charges if any.
Emergency Medical evacuations if any required, Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
How to Register
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 750.00 per person
For any queries please call
- Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date.
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Things to Carry
Things to carry:
(Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek). Sleeping Bag / Mat / Bed Sheet, Torch / Extra Batteries, ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
Please carry your personal Tea Mug / Plate and a small Swiss-knife, Haversack to put all these things. Water 3 ltrs / Electoral / Tang powder / Glucon D etc.
Good Footwear / Sun cap / Extra pair of clothes, Towels & Napkins (Mandatory). Slippers or floaters (just to relax your feet before & after the trek)
Camera, Zoom lenses, telephoto lenses (if you have one) Binoculars, Goggles etc - optional. Personal medical kit. (Mandatory).
Missing any items from the recommended things to carry?
Call us and we shall help you in getting the best cameras, zoom lenses, telephoto lenses on hire (hire charges to be paid by the participants separately).
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding. ***Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer. ***
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Payment made is non refundable and non transferable.
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags.
8. Note:The cost of the event would be Rs. 750.00 *** AVOID USING PERFUMES AND DEO ESPECIALLY FOR THIS TREK.
TreksandTrails Advisory Note:
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking exploration. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people.***No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains. red, Insurance and any item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
Disclosures on medical conditions
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )
Cycle trail to Sweri mudflats in Mumbai on 18 October 2015
Photography tour at Lohagad fort 17 October 2015, Saturday