Garbett Point Trek near Mumbai
Experience nature to the fullest and unwind your senses at Garbett Point Trek! Garbett Point Trek is an amazing destination to enjoy the beauty of nature. One can explore the lovely pathways, lush forests, fresh air, beautiful lake, waterfalls with woodland sounds, serene lakes, and calm streams. Garbett Point Trek is a wonderful destination to be away from the noise and chaos of city life. Spend lazy afternoons strolling through verdant forests, and evening exploring the majestic views of Matheran and Bhivpuri.
Matheran is one of the smallest hill stations in India, Located at an elevation of 2625 feet above sea level. Mumbai and Pune are well connected by road and railway. Matheran proximity to both cities makes it a popular weekend getaway. Matheran means forest on the forehead of the mountains is an eco-sensitive region. It is Asia’s only automobile free hill station.
Garbett Trek Event Details
- Garbett Plateau trek difficulty level: Medium
- Garbett Plateau trek endurance level: High
- Base village for Garbett Plateau : Diksal - Ashane
- Region Matheran
- Total time required for climbing Garbett Plateau: Maximum 4 - 4.30 hrs from Bhivpuri road.
- Garbett point trek duration: one night
- Garbett Plateau height is 2625 feet above the sea level
- Cost for the Trek: Rs. 799/- per person
Garbett Plateau Trek Upcoming Batches
August: 20, 27
September: 3, 10, 17, 24
October: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Garbett Plateau Trek Event Itinerary
Catch Karjat fast local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat fast local time table.
- 05:45 am Mumbai CSMT
- 05:53 am Byculla
- 05:59 am Dadar
- 06:06 am Kurla
- 06:25 am Thane
- 06:41 am Dombivli
- 06:50 am Kalyan
- 07:34 am Bhivpuri road
07:35 am Meet at Bhivpuri road railway station, near ticket counter.
07:45 am Breakfast at Bhivpuri.
08:30 am Start ascending.
12:00 pm Reach at Garbett Plateau. Have a packed lunch.
01:00 pm Move towards Garbett Point.
02:00 pm Reach at the point and explore.
03:00 pm Move towards Dasturi Naka.
04:00 pm From Dasturi Naka take local taxi and move towards Neral station.
05:30 pm Reach at Neral station and disperse.
How to book?
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your departure date and click on pay and book button.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out your personal details and proceed with reviews & payment.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive confirmation via email. (Please provide valid email id)
- A WhatsApp group link will be sent to your WhatsApp number 8 hours prior to the departure. (Please provide WhatsApp number while booking)
- Event Details and Trek Leaders details will be shared on that WhatsApp group only.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Garbett Point Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Please wear trekking shoes for this trek with a good grip.
Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Dasturi Naka to Neral
- 1 veg breakfast
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Bhivpuri station and back from Neral
- Lunch for the trek
- Entry fee for foreign nationals
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Lunch for the trek.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
Cancellation Policy and Charges
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
1. Can we drive to Bhivpuri Road railway station?
Yes, you can drive to the Bhivpuri road station the Trek ends at Neral Railway Station from where you will have to reach on your own to your car parking location.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Bhivpuri Road railway station?
Two and half hours drive from Mumbai 85 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Bhivpuri road?
Three hours drive from Pune - 110 km approx.
4. The number of days required for this event?
One day is required for the Garbett Plateau Monsoon trek near Mumbai.
5. Is there food available on Garbett Plateau Matheran?
No food is not available at the base village. There are many general stores before the start of the Trek you can buy a few dry snacks from here.
6. How much time is required to climb Garbett Plateau?
Four hours one way is required to climb the Garbett plateau trek route.
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk. There is no designated car parking available.
8. Is there any parking charge?
Yes. Locals might ask for a parking fee.
9. Are Toilets Available on the Garbett trek?
Not available. During the Trek, toilets are not available.
10. Do Single travelers females sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios at our events.
Many Single Travelling Females join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 years of age with Parents' supervision are only allowed on treks in Maharashtra.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity on Trek to Garbett Plateau?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services. During monsoon, please carry rain cases to keep the phone dry from heavy rains.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway / Google Pay.
On-the-spot payments, they are not accepted.
We need to book an advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided. We will pass a village during the Trek where you can refill your water bottle using well water.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20 Degrees - Day 39 Degrees approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
No Drinking alcohol, Smoking, or Drugs of any kind are not allowed on this Trek. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on a Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, and Bluetooth speakers are not allowed inside the homestay.
20. How do I make a payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us email@example.com
You can Chat with us We are available Monday to Friday 11.00 am to 6.00 pm.
21. I am looking for a Garbett plateau night trek.
Garbett point night trek is available during the winter and summer months.
Garbett Plateau Trek detailed itinerary
Garbett Point is a popular destination near Dasturi Naka at Matheran Hill station. Garbett plateau monsoon trek is popular with hikers from Mumbai, Thane, Pune. Trekking groups in Mumbai prefer this Garbett hike during the rainy season there is little or no tree cover during the trek so trekking during winter and summer during the day can be difficult under a hot sun.
Garbett Trek near Bhivpuri is an attractive easy to medium-grade trek enjoy Matheran waterfalls, and streams, walk in the clouds, and feel refreshed with cold winds. Garbett Point Trek is a popular Matheran trip one day.
Kindly board the train as mentioned in the itinerary and meet our trek leader at Bhivpuri Road Railway Station. You will see many fellow hikers, trekkers, and picnickers getting down at Bhivpuri. It is a popular destination during the rainy season with many Waterfalls originating from Matheran hills. Bhivpuri is also famous for waterfall rappelling during the monsoon season.
Our trek leader will meet you at the railway station from here we will walk to the restaurant for our breakfast and to use the toilets before the trek. During the trek, there are no toilets available. After breakfast, we will start walking towards the Dhom Dam, and you can buy some dry snacks or refill your water bottles before we reach the Dhom Dam Lake viewpoint.
Dhom Dam is popular among camping enthusiast it is also known as Bhivpuri Dam Camping available only during winter and summer months. Our trek leader will give all the hikers route instructions, and we will enjoy warm-up exercises and group introduction. The Garbett Point trek starts from the Dhom Dam Lake viewpoint.
Many routes lead to Garbett hill we will take the Diksal Waterfall or Ashane Waterfall route. Diksal Waterfall is a popular hidden waterfall rappelling destination in Bhivpuri. In recent years waterfall rappelling has been banned at almost all famous waterfalls during the monsoon. The adventure travel community has not been able to convince the forest department for permission and permits at popular destinations to begin waterfall rappelling.
As we walk towards Garbett hill we will keep the Dhom Dam on the right hand you can see many beautiful waterfalls, and you will cross small slippery streams. There are many rice fields along the trek path. Many farmers work these fields during the monsoon season you can ask them for directions in case you lose your route.
After walking for a few minutes, you will see the Diksal Waterfall which is crowded on the weekends, we will cross another slippery river here and start climbing uphill towards Sagachiwadi there are many small villages dotted in the mountains. After reaching the village, we can refill our water bottles here and take a break for snacks. A few villagers work as a guide here to help you complete the next part of your trek to Garbett point Matheran.
Now the climb will be uphill through green grass, high winds, and fog circling us. The rain with high winds is non stop here; please pack your gadgets well on this trek. As we start gaining height on the Garbett Hill slopes, the Dhom Dam will be behind us. Usually, local dogs will give you company as they look for food from trekkers in return they help you scout the hiking path and provide you with security against monkeys. Matheran points in monsoon is popular among trekkers of Maharashtra there are many trekking routes like Dodhani to Matheran trek, One tree hill trek, and Peb Fort Trek.
Uphill Garbett hill trek will be challenging it is exposed to fall in some spots, will be slippery and low visibility on a rainy day. Trekkers need to wear good trekking shoes; this will help them navigate the hike easily. After browsing the uphill section, we will reach the Garbett Plateau. The large hill extends till Garbett Point Hill. It gives excellent views of Bhivpuri and Karjat. The best section during the trek you can enjoy scenic views of the valley on both sides.
From Garbett Point, two routes will lead you to Matheran Dasturi Naka. The first route is a shortcut through an exposed ridge with a fall of around 80 feet. The second route through the village inside Matheran is more prolonged and safer these will also end at Dasturi Naka. Once you reach Matheran, do take care of your bags as there are many monkeys who will go after water bottles, eatables, and anything hanging on your bag. The best thing to do here is to use a rain cover over your bag; this avoids the monkeys from grabbing your backpack.
After reaching Dasturi Naka, we will board sharing taxi to Neral Railway Station it takes 30 to 45 minutes to cover this distance. The trek ends at Dasturi Naka hikers on reaching Neral can start boarding the trains to reach Mumbai or Karjat as per their home destination. Trekking in Mumbai is very popular during the monsoon season please book in advance to avoid last-minute disappointments. Matheran popular destination for Maharashtra ecotourism you can also stay back here and explore the pristine forest famous for wildlife. There are many beautiful spots in Matheran dotted with thick fog and waterfalls.