Garbett Point Trek near Mumbai
Experience nature to the fullest and unwind your senses at Garbett Point Trek! Garbett Point Trek is an amazing destination to enjoy the beauty of nature. One can explore the lovely pathways, lush forests, fresh air, beautiful lake, waterfalls with woodland sounds, serene lakes, and calm streams. Garbett Point Trek is a wonderful destination to be away from the noise and chaos of city life. Spend lazy afternoons strolling through verdant forests, and evening exploring the majestic views of Matheran and Bhivpuri.
Matheran is one of the smallest hill stations in India, Located at an elevation of 2625 feet above sea level. Mumbai and Pune are well connected by road and railway. Matheran proximity to both cities makes it a popular weekend getaway. Matheran means forest on the forehead of the mountains is an eco-sensitive region. It is Asia’s only automobile free hill station.
Garbett Trek Event Details
- Garbett Plateau trek difficulty level: Medium
- Garbett Plateau trek endurance level: High
- Base village for Garbett Plateau : Diksal - Ashane
- Region Matheran
- Total time required for climbing Garbett Plateau: Maximum 4 - 4.30 hrs from Bhivpuri road.
- Garbett point trek duration: one night
- Garbett Plateau height is 2625 feet above the sea level
- Cost for the Trek: Rs. 799/- per person
Garbett Plateau Night Trek Event Itinerary
Mumbai Participant can board the below train please check on the phone app for platforms
CSMT – Khopoli slow local
- 10:28 pm CSMT
- 10:36 pm Byculla
- 10:46 pm Dadar
- 10:57 pm Kurla
- 11:03 pm Ghatkopar
- 11:23 pm Thane
- 11:47 pm Dombivli
- 11:58 pm Kalyan
- 12:40 am Bhivpuri Road
12:45 am Assemble at Bhivpuri Railway Station near the ticket counter.
01:15 am Trek starts towards Garbett point after short introduction.
05:30 am Reach Garbett plateau take some rest.
Watch sunrise from the plateau.
07:00 am Start moving towards Garbett point.
08:00 am Reach Garbett point, explore the top.
08:30 am Head to Dasturi Naka.
09:30 am Have Breakfast and move towards Neral station by local taxi.
10:30 am Reach Neral railway station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Garbett Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Please wear trekking shoes for this trek with a good grip.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transport traveling from Dasturi Naka to Neral
- 1 veg breakfast
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Bhivpuri station and back from Neral
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Winter jacket
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
1. Can we drive to Bhivpuri road railway station?
Yes, you can drive to the Bhivpuri road station the Trek ends at Neral Railway Station from where you will have to reach on your own to your car parking location.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Bhivpuri road railway station?
Two and half hours drive from Mumbai 85 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Bhivpuri road?
Three hours drive from Pune - 110 km approx.
4. The number of days required for this event?
One day is required for the Garbett Plateau Monsoon trek near Mumbai.
5. Is there food available on Garbett Plateau Matheran?
No food is not available at the base village. There are many general stores before the start of the Trek you can buy few dry snacks from here.
6. How much time is required to climb Garbett Plateau?
Four hours one way is required to climb the Garbett plateau trek route.
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk. There is no designated car parking available.
8. Is there any parking charge?
Yes. Locals might ask for a parking fee.
9. Are Toilet Available on Garbett trek?
Not available. During the Trek, toilets are not available.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 years of age with Parents supervision only allowed on treks in Maharashtra.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity on Trek to Garbett Plateau?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular service. During monsoon, please carry rain case to keep the phone dry from heavy rains.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway / Google pay.
On the spot payment, they are not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided. We will pass a village during the Trek where you can refill your water bottle using well water.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20 Degree - Day 39 Degree approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
No Drinking alcohol, Smoking, Drugs of any kind are not allowed on this Trek. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
You can whatsapp us 8828004949 we are available Monday to Friday 11.00 am to 6.00 pm.
21. I am looking for Garbett plateau night trek?
Garbett point night trek is available during the winter and summer months.
Garbett Plateau Trek detailed itinerary
Garbett point is a popular destination near Dasturi Naka at Matheran hill station. Garbett plateau monsoon trek is popular with hikers from Mumbai, Thane, Pune. Trekking groups in Mumbai prefer this garbett hike during the rainy season there is little or no tree cover during the trek so trekking during winter and summer during the day can be difficult under a hot sun.
Garbett Trek near Bhivpuri an attractive easy to medium grade trek enjoy Matheran waterfalls, streams, walk in the clouds and feel refreshed with cold winds. Garbett Point trek is a popular Matheran trip one day.
Kindly board the train as mentioned in the itinerary and meet our trek leader at Bhivpuri Road Railway Station. You will see many fellow hikers, trekkers, picnickers getting down at Bhivpuri. It is a popular destination during the rainy season with many Waterfalls originating from Matheran hills. Bhivpuri is also famous for waterfall rappelling during the monsoon season.
Our trek leader will meet you at the railway station from here we will walk till the restaurant for our breakfast and to use the toilets before trek. During the trek, there are no toilets available. After breakfast, we will start walking towards the Dhom Dam, and you can buy some dry snacks or refill your water bottles before we reach the Dhom Dam lake viewpoint.
Dhom Dam is popular among camping enthusiast it is also known as Bhivpuri Dam Camping available only during winter and summer months. Our trek leader will give all the hiker's route instruction, and we will enjoy warm-up exercise and group introduction. The Garbett point trek starts from the Dhom Dam Lake viewpoint.
Many routes lead till the Garbett hill we will take the Diksal Waterfall or Ashane Waterfall route. Diksal Waterfall is a popular hidden waterfall rappelling destination in Bhivpuri. In recent years waterfall rappelling has been banned at almost all famous waterfall during the monsoon. The adventure travel community has not been able to convince the forest department for permission and permits at popular destinations to begin waterfall rappelling.
As we walk towards the Garbett hill we will keep the Dhom Dam on the right hand you can see many beautiful waterfalls, you will cross small slippery streams. There are many rice fields along the trek path. Many farmers work these field during the monsoon season you can ask them for directions in case you lose your route.
After walking for a few minutes, you will see the Diksal Waterfall it is crowded on the weekends, we will cross another slippery river here and start climbing uphill towards Sagachiwadi there are many small villages dotted in the mountains. After reaching the village, we can refill our water bottles here and take a break for snacks. Few villagers work as a guide here to help you complete the next part of your trek till Garbett point Matheran.
Now the climb will be uphill through green grass, high winds and fog circling us. The rain with high winds is non stop here; please pack your gadgets well on this trek. As we start gaining height on the Garbett Hill slopes, the Dhom Dam will be behind us. Usually, local dogs will give you company as they look for food from trekkers in return they help you scout the hiking path and provide you with security against monkeys. Matheran points in monsoon is popular among trekkers of Maharashtra there are many trekking routes like Dodhani to Matheran trek, One tree hill trek, Peb Fort Trek.
Uphill Garbett hill trek will be challenging it is exposed to fall in some spots, will be slippery and low visibility on a rainy day. Trekkers need to wear good trekking shoes; this will help them navigate the hike easily. After browsing the uphill section, we will reach the Garbett Plateau. The large hill extends till the Garbett Point hill. It gives excellent views of Bhivpuri and Karjat. The best section during the trek you can enjoy scenic views of the valley on both sides.
From the Garbett Point, two routes will lead you till Matheran Dasturi Naka. The first route is a short cut through an exposed ridge with a fall of around 80 feet. The second route through the village inside Matheran is more prolonged and safer these will also end at Dasturi Naka. Once you reach Matheran, do take care of your bags as there many monkeys who will go after water bottles, eatables, anything hanging on your bag. The best thing to do here is to use a rain cover over your bag; this avoids the monkeys from grabbing your backpack.
After reaching Dasturi Naka, we will board sharing taxi till Neral Railway Station it takes 30 to 45 minutes to cover this distance. The trek ends at Dasturi Naka hikers on reaching Neral can start boarding the trains to reach Mumbai or Karjat as per their home destination. Trekking in Mumbai is very popular during the monsoon season please book in advance to avoid last minute disappointments. Matheran popular destination for Maharashtra ecotourism you can also stay back here and explore the pristine forest famous for wildlife. There are many beautiful spots in Matheran dotted with thick fog and waterfalls.