Matheran is one of the smallest hill station in India. Located at an elevation of 2625 feet above sea level. It is well connected by Mumbai and Pune. Matheran proximity to these both cities makes it a popular weekend getaway. Matheran means forest on the forehead of the mountains is an eco sensitive region. It is Asia’s only automobile free hill station.
Matheran Trek Event Details
Garbett Plateau trek difficulty level : Medium.
Garbett Plateau trek endurance level : High.
Base village for Garbett Plateau : Diksal.
Region : Matheran.
Total time required for climbing Garbett Plateau : Maximum 4 - 4.30 hrs from Bhivpuri road.
Duration : 1 Day.
Garbett Plateau height : 2625 ft. (approx)
Cost: Rs. 699/- per person
Matheran Trek via Grabett Plateau Itinerary
Catch Karjat fast local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat fast local time table.
- 06:10 Mumbai CSMT
- 06:18 Byculla
- 06:24 Dadar
- 06:31 Kurla
- 06:49 Thane
- 07:02 Dombivli
- 07:13 Kalyan
- 07:56 Bhivpuri road
08:00 Meet at Bhivpuri road railway station, near ticket counter.
Breakfast at Bhivpuri.
08:30 Start ascending.
13:30 Reach at Garbett Plateau. Explore and lunch.
14:30 Move towards Matheran.
16:30 Reach at Matheran.
17:00 Reach at Dasturi Naka and move towards Neral station by taxi.
18:00 Reach at Neral railway station and disperse.
People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Garbett Plateau Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Dasturi Naka to Neral station travel by taxi
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Bhivpuri road and back from Neral.
- Lunch for the trek.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Lunch for the trek
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
1. Can we drive till Bhivpuri road?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Bhivpuri road?
Two and half hours drive from Mumbai 85 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Bhivpuri road?
Three hours drive from Pune - 110 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Garbett Plateau?
No. Food available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Garbett Plateau?
4.5 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are Toilet Available on Garbett Plateau?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com