Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal Lake
Hampta Pass Trek is among the many other delightful treks around Manali region in Himachal Pradesh. Our trek in Hampta Pass suits everyone with the scope of time and hardship hence is considered as a moderate trek. Its a terrific crossover trek in Himachal Pradesh. The beauty of this trek lies in the small corridor between Lahaul and Kullu valley with the regular change in the landscape. Our trekking start from Manali, unlike other camps, to make it easy for all to reach the base camp. It covers the majestic foothills of the Himalayas starting with thick forest which leads us to the open valley of lush green covers of the Pir Panjal Range. Their lush greens with the tree line stop when you are at the Hampta Pass (14350 ft.) And enter the barren landscape to visit the Chandratal Lake in Lahaul & Spiti.
Highlights of Hampta Pass Trek
Breathtaking picturesque view of the alpine Chandratal.
Camping location under the star studded sky along with delicious and nutritious meals.
Capture the majestic view of the Pir Panjal Ranges.
Build adrenaline as we cross some of the high mountain passes.
Basic Details Hampta Pass Trek
- The height of Trek: 14,350 feet
- Difficulty level: Moderate to challenging
- Age group: 12-40 years
- Duration: 5 days/4 nights
- Cost: Rs. 7,499 + 5% GST (per person)
You can register for the Hampta Pass trek package by Paying Rs 3000 as advance payment.
Booking Process for the Hampta Pass trek package Call or WhatsApp us @ 8828746865
How to Reach Hampta Pass Trek in Manali
Manali is well connected to all the states across India. One can travel by Road or by Air. Delhi is taken as a reference to Guide our trekkers. So plan accordingly.
Reach Manali by Road:
Manali is connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi, and you will reach Manali in 12 - 14 hours. Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in
Reach Manali by Air:
Kullu–Manali Airport in Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Airport to Manali, which costs about Rs. 700- Rs 1000.
Tip: Since Delhi to Manali is a long journey, most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last HRTC bus leaves at 8.30pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Plan your onward journeys only post noon is giving enough buffer for bus delays.
Hampta Pass Trek Itinerary
Day 1 - Manali to Chika via Jobra
- From Manali 25 km ride to Jobra in a cab.
- An easy 3 km trek to Chika campsite from Jobra.
- A quick introduction with team members and fellow trekkers at the camp site
- Dinner and rest at Chika campsite.
Day 2 - Chikka to Balu ka Ghera
- After the breakfast departure to Balu Ka Ghera from Chika.
- Pass through beautiful valleys offering some stunning landscapes with river crossing at Jwara.
- Arrival and Hot lunch at the campsite
- Evening acclimatization walk to the nearby areas.
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
Day 3 - Balu ka Ghera to Hampta Pass and further to Shia Ghoru
- After the breakfast ,steep climb to Hampta Pass
- Packed lunch on the way.
- Arrival at the Shea Goru campsite
- Dinner and overnight stay at the camps
Day 4 - Shea Goru to Chatru, Drive to Chandratal and return back to Chatru
- Departure from Shea Goru campsite to Chatru after breakfast.
- 7 km easy descend trek to Chatru and drive to Chandratal
- Reach Chandratal and enjoy the mesmerizing view of the lake
- Explore the lake & drive back to Chatru
- Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 5 - Chatru to Manali
- Departure from Chattru after breakfast
- Arrival in Manali by evening
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Manali to Manali
- Accommodation in Tents
- All Trek cost: Food(Veg Only- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner), Tents(Triple/Double Sharing), Sleeping Bags, Sleeping Matts
- Experienced Trek Leader, Guides and a very supportive staff
- Forest permits
- Medical Amenities – First Aid Kits, Oximeter, oxygen cylinders.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion list
- Meals during Transportation
- Any kind of personal Expenses
- Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks, Landslides, bad weather, etc.
- Porter/mule charges (Personal), Back pack offloading Charges
- Cost of Evacuation in case of emergency
- Non-Indian Permit for Valley of Flowers.
- Cost Escalation due to unforeseen reason
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
- Personal or Medical Insurance
- Transport to reach Rishikesh/Joshimath from hometown and return
- Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls, etc.
- Any transport support during the trek other than those specified in Inclusions
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woolen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer.
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho (The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 liter (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibacterial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
Medicines to carry
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Quantity 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)
1. When is the best time recommended for the trek?
Best time to go for Hampta Pass Trek is from June to October.
2. How difficult is the Hampta Pass Trek?
Hampta Pass Trek in comparison is easy to moderate difficulty with another high altitude trek.
3. How much distance do we have to trek each day?
On an average, we cover roughly 6-7 km between our camping stations.
4. What will happen if a trek is extended?
Beyond our controllable reasons when the trek is extended, then additional charges tend to be applied.
5. Who will be our lead guide person?
Lead guide person is certified & experienced personnel. These guides are locally sourced and have other team members including local guides, cook, helpers, and porters.
6. Is this trek safe for girls?
Our treks are planned with a male: female ratio. As an organizer, we make sure that their tents are shared only with other female trekkers.
7. Many people in a tent?
Our tents are all three person tents.
8. What is the level of fitness expected from the trekkers?
Good physical and mental fitness is expected to complete the Trek. Hampta pass trek is ideal for beginners to familiarize themselves with similar high altitude treks.
9. Typical Food menu during a trek?
We make sure that wholesome and nutritious breakfast, lunch and evening snacks are served. We believe and serve only vegetarian food as it is easy to digest and preferable in high altitudes.
10. What if we encounter a medical emergency?
We are trained to manage emergencies in high altitudes. Our lead guide is professionals and experienced. Our team do carry emergency first aid kits and oxygen cylinder.