Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal Lake
Hampta Pass Trek is among the many other delightful treks around Manali region in Himachal Pradesh. Our trek in Hampta Pass suits everyone with the scope of time and hardship hence is considered as a moderate trek. Its a terrific crossover trek in Himachal Pradesh. The beauty of this trek lies in the small corridor between Lahaul and Kullu valley with the regular change in the landscape. Our trekking start from Manali, unlike other camps, to make it easy for all to reach the base camp. It covers the majestic foothills of the Himalayas starting with thick forest which leads us to the open valley of lush green covers of the Pir Panjal Range. Their lush greens with the tree line stop when you are at the Hampta Pass (14350 ft.) And enter the barren landscape to visit the Chandratal Lake in Lahaul & Spiti.
Highlights of Hampta Pass Trek
- Breathtaking picturesque view of the alpine Chandratal.
- Camping location under the star studded sky along with delicious and nutritious meals.
- Capture the majestic view of the Pir Panjal Ranges.
- Build adrenaline as we cross some of the high mountain passes.
Hampta Pass Trek Dates
- June: Every Day Departure after 9th June
- July: All Dates Available
- Aug: All Dates Available
Basic Details Hampta Pass Trek
- The height of Trek: 14,350 feet
- Difficulty level: Moderate to challenging
- Age group: 12-40 years
- Duration: 5 days/4 nights
- Cost: Rs. 7,499 + 5% GST (per person)
You can register for the Hampta Pass trek package by Paying Rs 3000 as advance payment.
Booking Process for the Hampta Pass trek package Call or WhatsApp us @ 8828746865
How to Reach Hampta Pass Trek in Manali
Manali is well connected to all the states across India. One can travel by Road or by Air. Delhi is taken as a reference to Guide our trekkers. So plan accordingly.
Reach Manali by Road:
Manali is connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi, and you will reach Manali in 12 - 14 hours. Tickets can be booked online at www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in
Reach Manali by Air:
Kullu–Manali Airport in Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Airport to Manali, which costs about Rs. 700- Rs 1000.
Tip: Since Delhi to Manali is a long journey, most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last HRTC bus leaves at 8.30pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Plan your onward journeys only post noon is giving enough buffer for bus delays.
Hampta Pass Trek Itinerary
Day 1 - Manali to Chika via Jobra | Drive Distance: 15 km | Drive Duration: 2 hours | Trek Distance 2.5 Kms, 1-2 hrs
- Reach Manali. The trekkers will be picked up from Manali bus stand by 8:00 AM . Manali is well connected to Delhi and other cities through road. Overnight Volvos and buses are available.
- 25 km ride to Jobra in a cab from Manali.
- An easy 3 km trek to Chika campsite from Jobra.
- Arrival at the Chika campsite followed by evening refreshments.
- A quick introduction with team members and fellow trekkers at the camp site
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
Day 2 - Chika to Balu Ka Ghera | Trek Distance: 6.5 km | Trek Duration: 4 hours | Altitude Gain: 11005 ft to 12220 ft
- Departure to Balu Ka Ghera from Chika after the breakfast.
- Moderate climb till Jwara followed by level walks to Balu Ka Ghera Campsite.
- The trail to Balu Ka Ghera will pass through beautiful valleys offering some stunning landscapes in addition to river crossing at Jwara.
- Arrival at the campsite and refreshments.
- Hot lunch at the campsite.
- Evening acclimatization walk to the nearby areas.
- Dinner and rest at the campsite.
Day 3 - Balu Ka Ghera to Hampta Pass | Trek Distance: 8 km | Trek Duration: 9-10 hours | Altitude Gain: 12220 ft to 14,065 ft
- Trek to Hampta Pass after the breakfast.
- A steep climb to Hampta Pass with some boulder hopping in between.
- Keep sufficient water to the summit climb for hydration.
- You will observe snow clad mountains and glaciers on the way to Hampta Pass.
- Packed lunch midway.
- A 1.5 hrs of tricky descend to Shea Goru from Hampta Pass.
- Arrival at the Shea Goru campsite with evening refreshments.
- Evening walks on the banks of river and witnessing the Spiti Valley.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the camps.
Day 4 - Shea Goru to Chatru, Drive to Chandratal and return back to Chattru | 5 Km Trek, 50 km Drive | 11-12 hours
- Departure from Shea Goru campsite to Chatru after breakfast.
- 7 km easy descend trek to Chatru and drive to Chandratal
- The drive from Chattru to Chandratal takes around 4-5 hours
- Reach Chandratal and enjoy the beauty of this high altitude lake
- After exploring the lake, we drive back to Chattru through the same route. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Day 5 - Chatru to Manali | Drive Distance: 64 km | Drive Duration: 5 hours
- Departure from Chattru after breakfast
- Arrival in Manali by evening
What is included in the tour
- Manali to Manali
- Meals - (Veg Only- Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Dinner)
- Experienced Trek Leader, Professional Guides and a very supportive staff
- Forest permits
- Medical Amenities – First Aid Kits, Oxymeters, oxygen cylinders.
- Sanitised and Hygienic Camp sites and Hotels
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion list
- Meals during Transportation
- Any kind of personal Expenses
- Unscheduled or extended stay due to road blocks, Landslides, bad weather, etc.
- Porter/mule charges (Personal), Back pack offloading Charges
- Cost of Evacuation in case of emergency
- Non-Indian Permit for Valley of Flowers.
- Cost Escalation due to unforeseen reason
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage
- Personal or Medical Insurance
- Transport to reach Rishikesh/Joshimath from hometown and return
- Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls, etc.
- Any transport support during the trek other than those specified in Inclusions
- Backpack/Ruck Sack (at least 55 Litres) and a small day bag ( upto 15 litres) for summit day
- Poncho/Raincoat and Rain Cover for Ruck Sack
- 2 Quick Dry T-shirts (preferably Full Sleeves) and Track Pants
- Warm Jacket preferably a down jacket or an equivalent heavy jacket to protect from cold at night
- Comfortable Shoes with a good grip and ankle support. We recommend Quechua Forclaz 100 or similar shoe
- A pair of fleece jacket or fleece upper
- Good Thermals for insulation at night
- Lip Balm and Cold Cream
- Sun Cap or Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Dark Sunglasses. People who wear spectacle may use photochromatic lenses in their spects
- 2 pair of warm socks and at least 2 pair of normal cotton socks
- 1 Pair of slippers/Sandals
- Woolen Cap and Gloves for night
- Toiletries – Tooth brush, Tooth paste, Liquid soap, Hand Sanitizers, Slippers, Light Towel, Toilet Roll (Avoid wet tissues as they are not eco friendly)
- Torch or Headlamp with extra pair of batteries
- Personal Medical Kit: Crocin-Fever, Avomine-Motion Sickness, Avil 25mg – Allergies, Combiflam, Disprin-headache, Norflox TZ & Lomofen-diarrhea, digene-acidity, omez/rantadine antacid, crepe bandages, band aids, ORS, betadiene or antiseptic cream, moov spray/volini, cotton, gauze.
- Water bottle 1 L or Hydration bag 2 L
- Other personal accessories – Camera, Tripod, mobile charger, power banks(as there will be no electricity during the trek)
- Note: AC doesnt run on hills in fixed departure batches. Standard Non AC vehicles are provided for transportation
- Being a high altitude trek, this trek is suitable for climbers with good physical condition and stamina.
- This is a tentative itinerary which may change as per weather conditions
- We expect you to carry your rucksacks, in case if you want them to be carried by mules back pack offloading charge may vary from Rs. 300/bag/day to to Rs. 600/bag/day depending on the trek.
- In case of any natural calamity the company will not be able to refund the trip charges, for more details check our cancellation policy
- If cancellation done prior to 45 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
- If done prior to 30-45 days of outing 50% will be refunded
- If done prior to 15-30 days of outing 30% will be refunded
- After that no refund will be provided
- No show No Refund
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only
1. When is the best time recommended for the trek?
Best time to go for Hampta Pass Trek is from June to October.
2. How difficult is the Hampta Pass Trek?
Hampta Pass Trek in comparison is easy to moderate difficulty with another high altitude trek.
3. How much distance do we have to trek each day?
On an average, we cover roughly 6-7 km between our camping stations.
4. What will happen if a trek is extended?
Beyond our controllable reasons when the trek is extended, then additional charges tend to be applied.
5. Who will be our lead guide person?
Lead guide person is certified & experienced personnel. These guides are locally sourced and have other team members including local guides, cook, helpers, and porters.
6. Is this trek safe for girls?
Our treks are planned with a male: female ratio. As an organizer, we make sure that their tents are shared only with other female trekkers.
7. Many people in a tent?
Our tents are all three person tents.
8. What is the level of fitness expected from the trekkers?
Good physical and mental fitness is expected to complete the Trek. Hampta pass trek is ideal for beginners to familiarize themselves with similar high altitude treks.
9. Typical Food menu during a trek?
We make sure that wholesome and nutritious breakfast, lunch and evening snacks are served. We believe and serve only vegetarian food as it is easy to digest and preferable in high altitudes.
10. What if we encounter a medical emergency?
We are trained to manage emergencies in high altitudes. Our lead guide is professionals and experienced. Our team do carry emergency first aid kits and oxygen cylinder.