Ganpati Gadad Caves Trek
Ganpati Gadad Caves is a series of 6 to 7 caves located near Dhasai near Murbad. Trek grade is easy and endurance level required medium during monsoon. Ganpati Gadad caves are beautiful during monsoon with many small waterfalls that fall over them forming a white curtain over the caves.
We would be trekking during the day you can enjoy various small waterfall along the way. Ganpati Gadad base village is called Palu, Sonawale in Murbad. There are many treks available nearby Naneghat Trek, Gorakhgad Trek, Dhakoba Fort Trek, Gorakhgad Fort trek, Machindragad.
Ganpati Gadad Caves Information
- District : Murbad
- Ganpati Gadad Trek Grade Easy
- Ganpati Gadad Height: 3000 feet above MSL approx
- Ganpati Gadad Endurance level required medium
- Base Village Sonavale, Dhasai
- Cost: Rs. 1200/- per person
Ganpati Gadad Trek Event Itinerary
05:45 am - Meet at Dadar near Kotak ATM next to Pritam Dhaba
06:00 am - Bus journey starts towards base village for Ganpati Gadad
09:00 am - Reach base village
09:30 am - Breakfast and Tea
10:00 am - Start ascending.
12:00 pm - Reach Ganpati Gadad Caves
Explore and have lunch.
01:30 pm - Start descending
03:00 pm - Reach Village
03:30 pm - Start Return Journey towards Dadar
08:30 pm - Reach Dadar
Note: Please carry packed lunch for this trek.
What is included in the tour
- Private Non Ac Bus from Dadar to Dadar
- Breakfast and Tea
- First Aid Kit
- Trek Leader Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch for the trek
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Lunch for the trek
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Frequently asked questions - Ganpati Gadad Caves
- How to reach Ganpati Gadad from Mumbai ?
We would be hiring non ac bus till base village and back for this event.
- Distance of Ganpati Gadad caves from mumbai ?
120 km or 3 hours drive depending on traffic
- Distance of Ganpati Gadad caves from Pune ?
180 km or 5 hours drive depending on traffic
- Ganpati Gadad waterfall rappelling?
Can be arranged subject to approval from forest department and local authorities
Ganpati Gadad Caves Trek, Murbad | Treks near Mumbai & Pune
A Monsoon trek and waterfall to Ganpati Gadad Caves, Murbad, moderate type of camping and trekking place, with quite enjoyable and a treat for eyes.
Ganpati Gadad is a group of 6-7 caves near Dhasai. This is fairly simple trek and quite enjoyable and a treat for eyes in monsoons.
Ganapati gadad caves are situated in small village called ‘Palu, Sonawale’ in Murbad.
They are also known as Ganesh Caves.
How to reach Ganpati Gadad Trek from Pune
Take a bus from Pune to Sanawale village, which is about 2.3 hours and start your trek. Carry box lunch and drinking water. have a nice trek.
A hill fort in Raigad district, Ganpati Gadad is one of the easiest treks around Mumbai. It is the place known for hanging caves just two hours away from Mumbai.
The trek is an easy to moderate level one and takes us through some dense forests.
Ganpati Gadad - GADAD means the caves of Shree Ganesha which are formed in the rocks surrounded by LOT of waterfalls.
Ganpati Gadad Caves, Sonavale, Murbad, Maharashtra 2500 years old caves amidst clouds in the foot of Western Ghats are the caves named as Ganpati Gadad.
Less visited. Nice and Clean.
Incoming search terms related to Ganpati Gadad Caves: ganpati gadad wikipedia, ganpati gadad trek blog, how to reach ganpati gadad from mumbai, ganpati gadad history, gadad animal