Harishchandragad is one of the best high forts near Mumbai, Maharashtra. Strong fortifications of this fort have multiple entry routes such as the Junnar gate route, Sadhale ghat, Nalichi wat, and Indore Vaat.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar in Khireshwar village, in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moghuls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Sapta Tirta Pushkarini, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada - Konkan cliff, Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar.
Harishchandragad Trek Event Details
- Harishchandragad trek grade difficulty level medium
- Harishchandragad trek endurance level medium
- Harishchandragad trek height 4650 feet approx above sea level
- Region: Igatpuri, Ahmednagar, Junnar
- Total time required for climbing: 3 hours uphill climb one way.
- Harishchandragad trek distance from Pachnai village five kilometres uphill
- Drive from Pune: 170 km one way.
- Cost: Rs. 1399/- per person
Harishchandragad Trek Event Itinerary
- 09:45 pm - Meet at McDonald's, Deccan.
- 10:00 pm - Move towards base village.
- 10:20 pm - Pick up at New Shivaji nagar bus stop. (Mari Aai Gate / Wakadewadi)
- 10:40 pm - Pick up at Nashik Phata. (Opp. Kasarwadi police station)
04:30 am - Reach at base village. Rest in bus for some time.
05:30 am - Have a breakfast
06:00 am - Start ascending.
09:00 am - Reach at top.
Visit Harishchandreshwar temple, Kedareshwar temple, Pushkarani, Caves.
10:00 am - Start trek towards Kokankada.
10:30 am - Reach Kokankada and Enjoy your time at Kokankada.
12:00 pm - Lunch.
01:00 pm - Start descending.
04:00 pm - Reach at base village and start return journey towards Pune.
11:00 pm - Approx. arrival at Pune.
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private non-Ac vehicle
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Forest entry charges
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive to Pachnai Village - Harishchandragad Trek?
Yes, you can drive to Panchnai village. Please note there is no mobile network in the village. Harishchandragad trek difficulty level from the Pachnai village is medium. It takes two hours to reach the Harishchandragad temple. The trek route is well marked, and barriers are placed at dangerously exposed sections to help hikers avoid any accidents. The road conditions from Ghoti turn till Pachnai village are in bad condition suited for SUV car.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Pachnai village?
Six hours drive from Mumbai - 180 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Pachnai Village?
Harishchandragad trek from Pune via the Pachnai route is six hours drive from Pune, 240 km approx.
4. The number of days required for this event?
We will start the bus journey at night, followed by a Harishchandragad trek on arrival, followed by a return journey by bus from Pachnai. Harishchandragad in monsoon has become a popular trek recently, with road access improvements to the Pachnai village. It takes two hours to reach the caves from the trailhead. The Kokankada is completely covered in Fog sometimes, and the route is blocked due to low visibility.
5. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk. There is ample parking available.
6. Is there any parking charge at Harishchandragad Trek, Pachnai Village?
Yes, locals normally ask for a parking fee.
7. Do you provide sleeping bags?
No Sleeping bag. For hygiene reasons, we don't provide sleeping bags.Harishchandragad trek and camping, please carry two bedsheets or your sleeping bag with a camping mat.
8. Is the toilet available on Harishchandragad?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available.
9. Do Single travelers females sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Females join our events.
10. Are kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents' supervision only.
11. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home-cooked is available. Abundant crystal clear drinking water is available along the route.
12. Phone connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services.
13. Where will we stay at Harishchandragad?
We will not stay at Harishchandragad for this event. We are going for a day trek; we will start early morning and return by lunch at the Pachnai village.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted. Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Gpay / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted. We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided. Pure natural water is available on the trail route.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 13- Day 39°C approx.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speakers not allowed inside homestay. Kalsubai Harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary forest department doesn't allow speakers inside the forest.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org