Kothaligad Trek - Peth Fort Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are the specialty of the cave. During monsoon, you can see many beautiful waterfalls below the fort. The fort looks like an inverted funnel; it is also known as funnel hill. Kothaligad Fort is famous for its night trek during winter and summer months. During fireflies season one can also spot fireflies while trekking.
Kothaligad Trek Event Details
- Kothaligad Trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Kothaligad Fort: Ambivali village | Peth village
- Campsite is at Pethmachi
- Kothaligad Fort Region: Karjat
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad Peth Fort: maximum 2.5 hours (one day) from Ambivali
- Kothaligad fort height: 3100 feet above sea level
Kothaligad Trek and Camping Itinerary
Day One – Saturday
Please board the train from the nearest railway station from your house.
Catch Karjat fast local from CST.
CST – Karjat fast local time table.
- 14:48 CST
- 14:55 Byculla
- 15:01 Dadar
- 15:08 Kurla
- 15:12 Ghatkopar
- 15:28 Thane
- 15:41 Dombivali
- 15:50 Kalyan
- 16:41 Karjat
16:45 Meeting at Karjat railway station and start journey towards Ambivali by local tumtum.
18:00 Reach at base village.
18:30 Start ascending towards Peth village.
20:30 Reach at Peth village and check in at the campsite.
21:30 Dinner (veg).
Day Two – Sunday
05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
05:30 Start ascending towards Kothaligad.
06:30 Reach on Kothaligad top. Enjoy the beautiful sunrise and explore the fort.
07:30 Start descending towards Peth village.
08:30 Reach at Peth Village and have Breakfast.
09:00 Descend continue to Ambivali village.
10:30 Reach at Ambivali.
10:45 Strat return journey towards Karjat by local tumtum.
12:30 Reach Karjat station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kothaligad Trek and Camping, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Tent stay on sharing basis
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost till Karjat and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters (No side bags or jholas)
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.