- Sorry no more departures available. You could get in touch with us at email@example.com if you'd like to make a booking.
Rajmachi Fort Information
Rajmachi Fort has two stronghold forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Bale Killa. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful Kataldhar Waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre-monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Uday Sagar Lake constructed in 1712
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Uday Sagar Lake
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan
- Fireflies pre-monsoon only
- Kataldhar waterfall during monsoon only
Rajmachi Trek Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala
- Homestay at villager's house.
- Shrivardhan Fort Exploration
- Local village food
- Jain food available
- Separate stay for females
- Cost: Rs 999/- per person
Rajmachi Night Trek Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
For Rajmachi Mumbai participants
Catch Sinhagad Express 11009 – Mumbai to Pune
- 14:30 CSMT
- 14:41 Dadar
- 15:03 Thane
- 15:28 Kalyan
- 16:08 Karjat
- 17:03 Lonavala
For Pune to Rajmachi participants
Catch Pune – Lonavala local
- 15:00 Pune
- 15:04 Shivaji Nagar
- 15:47 Talegaon
- 16:25 Lonavala
17:10 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards mid village (Fanasrai) by Jeep (halfway only).
From mid village start trek towards the base village. (approx. 8 km)
22:30 Reach Base Village.
Day 2 - Sunday
05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
05:30 Start ascending Shrivardhan Fort.
06:30 Reach on top. Explore the fort and watch the sunrise.
07:30 Start descending.
08:30 Reach at base village.
09:00 Have a breakfast.
After breakfast visit Udaysagar lake and temple.
11:00 Start return journey to Lonavala by jeep.
12:30 Disperse at Lonavala railway station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Night Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling to mid village from Lonavala station and back to Lonavala from base village (local vehicle)
- 1 veg Dinner and 1 Veg Breakfast
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back
- Lunch on day 2
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Sleeping material (Sleeping bad or 2 bed sheets)
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save the number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive to Rajmachi village?
Not in monsoon, Roads are closed during monsoon by villagers.
After the monsoon, you can drive Rajmachi base village with good SUV Car only
2. How far it is from Mumbai/Pune?
Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx.
3. The number of days required for this event?
Two days and One Night
4. Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala at your own risk. In case you drive till Udhewadi please make sure you have an SUV as the roads are in bad condition.
5. Is there any parking charge?
Yes payable to local forest officer.
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Mattress: Like Yoga Mat is provided
Sleeping bag: NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
Please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets it will be enough as the weather is pleasant.
7. Is Toilet Available at the base village?
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
Please note during the trek there are no toilets available.
8. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
9. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
Parents with small kids please call us before making a booking.
10. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home-cooked is available.
Jain food is available kindly mention in comments your requirement.
11. Phone Connectivity or Mobile Network during Rajmachi Trek?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
After you gain height on the forts you will get good connectivity
12. Where will we stay at Udhewadi Village?
Kindly note during monsoon tent stay is not possible under any circumstances
Tent Stay available - Twin Sharing and Triple Sharing Tents available. ( WInter and Summer )
The homestay will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided during monsoon
Homestay is an Indian Commode toilet as running water is not available.
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance jeep and arrange to stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
12. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided. Please bring reusable water bottles you can refill them.
13. Can I charge my phone?
Udhewadi village doesn't receive electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
14. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
16. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking.
Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay
17. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
Rajmachi Trek 2019 | Rajmachi Fort Trek With Kondane Caves
Trek to Rajmachi Fort and Kondane Cave located near Lonavala offers a fantastic view of the Sahyadri mountains and the backwater of the Shirota dam. Rajmachi Fort is one of the many historical forts in the rugged hills of Sahyadri mountains. It consists of two twin fortresses Shriwardhan Ballekilla and Manaranjan Balekilla, with a wide machi surrounding the two Balekillas.
Know detailed information about the Rajmachi Trek including duration, base camp, best season and explore waterfalls, temples & enjoy camping. Get information of Rajmachi Fort and a general trekking guide for Rajmachi.
Rajmachi fort is one of the most famous forts around the Lonavala region. The height of this fort from sea level is 2710 feet above sea level, and it offers a fantastic view of the Sahyadri mountains and the backwaters of Shirota Dam. Rajmachi is one of the many historical forts located amidst the Sahyadri forts, and it is a popular destination amongst nature lovers and tourists for trekking. The fortress of Rajmachi is famous among trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. If you want to experience a full-fledged trek, you can start from the side of the Kondhane cave which will take 4 hours of climbing.
You can also drive right upto Udhewadi village from the Lonavala side and then trek for hardly 20-30 minutes to the top of the fort only possible during winter and summer months. Overnight Trek to Rajmachi Fort from Lonavala is adventurous during full moon night. Explore the flourishing forests of the Western Ghats. On this trek, you'll hike your way to the Kondhane Caves where you can see Buddhist inscriptions from centuries ago.
Treks and Trails India invites you for a wondrous Rajmachi fort and Kondana Caves trek. Rajmachi Fort jewel in Sahyadri Forts overlooks Bor Ghat between Khandala and Khopoli, which was once a vital trade route. Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort are its major attractions, luring numerous trekking enthusiasts all year round.