- Sorry no more departures available. You could get in touch with us at email@example.com if you'd like to make a booking.
Rajmachi Fort Information
Rajmachi Fort has two stronghold forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Bale Killa. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful Kataldhar Waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre-monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Uday Sagar Lake constructed in 1712
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Uday Sagar Lake
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan
- Fireflies pre-monsoon only
- Kataldhar waterfall during monsoon only
Monsoon Special Discount on Groups
4 to 5 participants (5% discount): Use coupon code GRP5
6 and above participants (8% discount): Use coupon code GRP8
Rajmachi Monsoon Trek Batches
3rd 4th August
7th 8th September
10th 11th August
14th 15th September
14th 15th August
21st 22nd September
17th 18th August
28th 29th September
24th 25th August
31st August 1st September
Rajmachi & Kondhane Caves Trek Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx
- Nearest City Lonavala
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory during monsoon only
- Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort Exploration Trek
- Local Village Food
- Jain food available
Rajmachi Trek Event Itinerary
Day One - Rajmachi Trek Saturday
Mumbai Participant please board Sinhagad Express 11009 – Mumbai to Pune.
For Pune participants - Catch Pune – Lonavala local
15:04 Shivaji Nagar
Meet Trek Leader near Lonavala Railway Station Ticket Counter
17:20 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep (Half Way).
19:00 Start Trek towards the base village - 8 km trek.
21:00 Reach Base Village.
Day Two - Sunday Rajmachi Trek
06:30 Wake up and freshen up
07:30 Start forts exploration.
13:00 Start descending towards Karjat side.
Visit Kondhane Caves.
17:30 Reach Kondhane village and start the journey towards Karjat station by local vehicle.
18:30 Disperse at Karjat railway station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Jeep is only available half the way as the road is not motorable, the participant will have to walk 8 km one way.
- If Kondhane caves trek route is not in good condition, will come back to Lonavala only. We'll not descend towards Karjat. It's totally depend upon weather condition in that area.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling Lonavala to base village by Jeep (Half Way)
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory
- Travelling Kondhane Village to Karjat Station
- Treks and Trails India charges if any
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Lonavala and back from Karjat
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Sleeping material (Sleeping bad or 2 bed sheets)
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save the number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till rajmachi Village?
Not in monsoon
After monsoon you can drive Rajmachi base village with good SUV Car only
2. How far it is from Mumbai/Pune?
Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx.
3. Number of days required for this event?
Two days and One Night
4. Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala at your own risk
5. Is there any parking charge?
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Mattress: Like Yoga Mat is provided
Sleeping bag: NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
Please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets
7. Are Toilet Available ?
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
8. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events ?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
9. Are Kids allowed on treks ?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
10. What type of food will be provided ?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available
11. Phone Connectivity ?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
12. Where will we stay ?
Tent Stay available - Twin Sharing and Triple Sharing Tents available
Homestay will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided during monsoon
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted ?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted
We need to book in advance bus and stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is must
12. Will i get bottled water ?
Normal well water shall be provided
13. Can i charge my phone ?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
14. How is the weather now ?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol ?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
16. Can we listen to music on bluetooth speaker ?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking.
Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
17. How do i make payment ?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
Rajmachi Trek 2019 | Rajmachi Fort Trek With Kondane Caves
Monsoon Trek to Rajmachi Fort and Kondane Cave located near Lonavala, offers an amazing view of the sahyadri mountains and the backwater of Shirota dam.
Rajmachi Fort is one of the many historical forts in the rugged hills of Sahyadri mountains. It consists of two twin fortresses Shriwardhan Ballekilla and Manaranjan Balekilla, with a wide machi surrounding the two Balekillas.
Know detailed information about the Rajmachi Trek including duration, base camp, best season and explore waterfalls, temples & enjoy camping.
Get information of Rajmachi Fort and a general trekking guide for Rajmachi.
Rajmachi fort is one of the most popular forts around the Lonavala region. The height of this fort from sea level is 2710 feet and it offers an amazing view of the Sahyadri mountains and the backwaters of Shirota Dam.
Rajmachi is one of the many historical forts located amidst the Sahyadri mountains, and it is a popular destination amongst nature lovers and tourists for trekking.
The fort of Rajmachi is famous among trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. If you want to experience a full-fledged trek, you can start from the Kondhane caves side which will take 3-4 hours of climbing, but otherwise you can drive right upto Udhewadi village (from the Lonavala side) and then trek for hardly 20-30 minutes to the top of the fort.
Find adventure trips in India. Explore activities like trekking, paragliding, rafting, scuba diving, kids adventure camps or cycling. Experience adventure activities, adventure camps and adventure trips with Treks and Trails India.
Go on an exciting, overnight trek to Rajmachi and explore the flourishing monsoon forests of the Western Ghats. On this trek, you'll hike your way to the Kondhane Caves where you can see Buddhist inscriptions from centuries ago.
Treks and Trails India invites you for a wondrous Rajmachi fort, and Kondana Caves monsoon trek. Rajmachi Fort overlooks Bor Ghat (ghat between Khandala and Khopoli), which was once a very important trade route. Shrivardhan Fort and #\Manaranjan Fort are its major attractions, luring numerous trekking enthusiasts all year round.
Incoming search terms related to rajmachi trek:- rajmachi trek and camping, rajmachi trek fireflies, rajmachi trek blog, rajmachi trek in summer, rajmachi trek in winter, rajmachi night trek, rajmachi trek group, rajmachi trek in june 2019