Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialty of the cave.
Batches for Kothaligad Night Trek
- 23rd 24th March 2019
- 13th 14th April 2019
- 27th 28th April 2019
Kothaligad (Peth) night trek event details
Kothaligad (Peth) night trek difficulty level : Medium.
Base village for Kothaligad (Peth) : Peth village/Ambivali village.
Region : Karjat.
Total time required for climbing Kothaligad (Peth) fort : Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali.
Duration : 1 Day.
Kothaligad (Peth) fort height : 3100 ft. (approx.).
Kothaligad (Peth) night trek itinerary
Day 0 – Saturday.
Catch Karjat fast local from CST.
CST – Karjat fast local time table.
21:26 - CST.
21:33 - Byculla.
21:40 - Dadar.
21:47 - Kurla.
21:51 - Ghatkopar.
22:03 - Mulund.
22:07 - Thane.
22:20 - Dombivali.
22:20 - Kalyan.
23.30 – Meeting at Karjat railway station.
23:45 – Journey towards Ambivali by local tumtum.
Day 2 – Sunday.
01:15 – Reach at Ambivali.
01:30 – Ascend.
04:30 – Reach on top and rest till sunrise.
06:00 – View sunrise and explore fort.
07:00 – Descend.
08:00 - Peth Village.
08:30 - Breakfast.
09:30 - Descend continue.
10:30 - Ambivali.
10:45 – Journey towards Karjat by local tumtum.
12:30 - Karjat.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kothaligad (Peth) Night Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
1 veg Breakfast.
Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep.
Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
Travel from Pune to Karjat and back.
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can we drive till Ambivali?
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali?
Two and half hours drive from Mumbai 90 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali?
Three hours drive from Pune - 135 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Kothaligad (Peth)?
No. Food available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Kothaligad (Peth)?
2.5 hours (one way).
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are Toilet Available on Kothaligad (Peth)?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com