Kothaligad Trek - Peth Fort
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are specialties of the cave.
Kothaligad night trek | Peth Fort event details
- Kothaligad (Peth) night trek difficulty level: Medium.
- Base village for Kothaligad (Peth): Peth village/Ambivali village.
- Region: Karjat.
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad (Peth) fort: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali.
- Duration: 1 Day and 1 night.
- Kothaligad (Peth) fort height: 3100 ft. (approx.).
Cost for Kothaligad Night Trek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 699/- per person (coming by your own vehicle)
- Cost with transport: Rs. 999/- per person (Karjat to Karjat)
Kothaligad Night Trek Itinerary
Day 0 – Saturday.
Catch Karjat fast local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat fast local time table.
- 09:26 pm CSMT
- 09:33 pm Byculla
- 09:40 pm Dadar
- 09:47 pm Kurla
- 09:51 pm Ghatkopar
- 10:03 pm Mulund
- 10:07 pm Thane
- 10:22 pm Dombivali
- 10:31 pm Kalyan
- 11:22 pm Karjat
11.30 pm - Meeting at Karjat railway station.
11:45 pm - Journey towards Ambivali by local tumtum.
Day 2 – Sunday
01:15 am - Reach at Ambivali.
01:30 am - Ascend.
04:30 am - Reach on top and rest till sunrise.
06:00 am - View sunrise and explore the fort.
07:00 am - Start descending to Peth Village.
08:00 am - Reach at Peth Village.
08:30 am - Breakfast.
09:30 am - Descend continue to Ambivali.
10:30 am - Reach at Ambivali.
10:45 am - Start return journey towards Karjat by local tumtum.
12:30 pm - Reach Karjat station and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kothaligad (Peth) Night Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Karjat to Karjat travel by local vehicle
- Forest entry charges
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Karjat and back
- Travel till base and back (without transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water (Compulsory)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery (Compulsory)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
1. Can we drive to Ambivali for Kothaligad Trekking?
Yes, Kothaligad Trekking location is available on Google Maps. We will provide the meeting location after booking if you are coming by your own transport. Please arrive on time as the trek leader cannot wait if you're late. No refund will be provided for missing the trek start time. Kindly cooperate as you have signed up for a group event.
2. Distance from Mumbai to Ambivali? Mumbai to Kothaligad distance?
The distance from Mumbai to Kothaligad trek is 90 kilometers, which takes approximately two and a half hours by car. Kothaligad trek has a height of 945 meters, and the trek distance is 6.5 kilometers round trip. The distance from Karjat to Kothaligad is 30 kilometers, which can be covered in one hour.
3. Distance from Pune to Ambivali? Pune to Kothaligad distance?
The distance from Pune to Kothaligad is 135 kilometers and takes about three hours to reach. The one-way trek distance for Kothaligad is 3.5 kilometers. The trek reaches an elevation of 945 meters.
4. How many days are required for Kothaligad Trekking?
One night and one day are required for the Kothaligad Fort Night Trek. One day is needed for a monsoon Kothaligad trek from Karjat. You can read about our trek to Kothaligad fort on our blog.
5. Is food available in Kothaligad - Peth Village?
Food is available at the base village during the day.
6. How much time is required to climb the Kothaligad Trek route?
It takes around 2.5 to 3 hours one way to climb the Kothaligad Trek. The difficulty level of the trek is easy to medium, depending on hikers' stamina, endurance, fitness, and previous experience in Sahyadri Treks.
7. Where can we park our cars for the Karjat Kothaligad Trek?
You can park your cars at the Peth Kothaligad Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge at Kothaligad Karjat?
Yes, parking space is available at the Peth Kothaligad base village. Locals might ask for parking fees.
9. Are toilets available on Kothaligad Fort?
Toilets are not available during the trek. Provision for toilet tents will be made at the Villagers' House with eastern-style commode, from where we will begin the trek.
10. Do solo female travelers sign up for these events?
Yes, solo female travelers join our events. We have a 60-40% or more male-female ratio. Kids and senior citizens have also successfully completed the summit to Kothaligad Fort.
11. Are kids allowed on treks near Mumbai?
Kids below 15 years are allowed with parental supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only vegetarian, local, home-cooked food is available. The food is simple, nutritious, and cooked by locals, so the taste may be different.
13. Is there phone connectivity during the trek?
There is limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted. Registration requires 100% upfront payment via Paytm/UPI/NEFT/IMPS/Payment Gateway/Google Pay. On-the-spot payment is not accepted as advance booking is necessary for bus/jeep and other arrangements.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water will be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
There are no electricity or charging points available during the trek. Please carry a power bank if required. The cell phone range is limited.
17. How is the current weather?
During summer, the temperature at night is around 30 degrees Celsius, and during the day, it is around 39 degrees Celsius. Heavy rains are expected during the monsoon, so it is advisable to double-pack expensive phones and gadgets for protection. In winter and summer, wearing full sleeves T-shirts and full track pants is recommended to avoid sunburns, prickly thorns, and insect bites.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
No smoking, chewing tobacco, drinking, smoking hookah, or using drugs are allowed on our treks. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be immediately asked to leave the event without a refund. Participants causing trouble will also be asked to leave without a refund.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking. Bluetooth speakers are not allowed inside the homestay. Enjoy the sounds of nature and important instructions from the trek leader during the hike.
20. How do I make payment for Kothaligad Fort Trek?
You can pay online through our website's "Book Now" button. For any unlisted questions, you can email us at email@example.com. Payment options include UPI, Google Pay, Paytm, IMPS, and other online methods available through the "Book Now" button.
21. Mumbai to Kothaligad Fort Trek Distance?
Kothligad Fort is located 90 km from Mumbai. You can drive to the base village, and we will provide you with Google Maps directions. The fort near Karjat is easily reachable by road till the base village.
22. Which is the best season to see Kothaligad Fireflies?
Before the monsoon starts, you can see fireflies at Kothaligad Fort, mostly during May and June.
23. Places to visit near Kothaligad Fort trekking in Karjat?
Treks and Trails India offer trekking tours in India that are designed to be adventurous and exciting. Places to visit near Karjat fort Kothaligad Fort are Solanpada waterfall Neral, Bhimashankar, Garbett Point Trek, Sondai Fort, Peb Fort, Nakhind Ridge, Diksal Waterfall, Bhivpuri Waterfall.
You can choose from many different routes in the Western Ghats. Our expert guides will lead you through some of the most beautiful landscapes near Mumbai. Explore with us! We want to show you what it means to live life adventurously and enjoy every moment of it. Let's go together!
24. Kothaligad Map? Peth fort trek route map?
How do I get to Kothaligad Trek Karjat? How to reach Kothaligad from Mumbai? How to go to kothaligad trek?
From Mumbai. The best way to reach Kothaligad is to take a suburban train going to Karjat and alight at Neral station. From Neral regularly shared 6-seater Vikram | Tum-tum rickshaw service is available to Kashele. This is charged at Rs 55 per seat. Kothaligad Fort, aka Fort of Peth, is 3100 feet high fort in Karjat, famous for temples & caves. This is the best place for trekking enthusiasts in Maharashtra. Peth, also known as 'Kothaligad', is situated in Shahapur Taluka, approximately 21 Km North East of Karjat.
Kothaligad Fort or Kothaligad Peth Fort trek is one of the famous treks in the Karjat area with Witness lush green forests and cascading waterfalls. During the monsoon beauty of the place on its peak. It is near to Mumbai and Pune. You have to reach Karjat Railway station on the central railway line. Walk this way for a rejuvenating trek in Maharashtra, short and light enough for the whole family as you visit the Kothaligad fort and learn about the Kothaligad history. Kothaligad to Mumbai public transport is difficult to find late in the evening please plan your trek accordingly. Karjat to Kothaligad local sharing rickshaw are available and State transport bus also.
Do you want to explore the beauty of the Kothaligad Peth trek?
Explore the monsoon in the Kothaligad Peth trek. Trek near Karjat Raigad district through lush green forests, hike up waterfalls and take in stunning views. Enjoy a challenging hike near Mumbai or a leisurely walk with your family. You can do it all here!
The best way to experience Kothaligad (Peth) fort by booking a trek today! We have trekking near Karjat, Raigad District, for every level of fitness and interest. So whether you're looking for something challenging or relaxing, the Kothaligad trek route is a perfect fit for you. Kothaligad trek height is 3100 feet above sea level. So book now before time runs out! So please chat with us right now to book your trek today!
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )