Height: 1564 feet
Duration: 1 Day
Assembly: Neral Railway station
Contribution: Rs 500.00
Fort Peb is situated on northeast side of Panvel, on Mumbai - Pune road, at a distance of 3-4 km on west side of Neral. This is the most beautiful one-day trek. But there is a dense forest on the way to the fort Peb. The fort is also named as ‘Vikatgad’. Historical references clearly indicate that Shivaji Maharaj used the caves on the fort as silos for grain storage.
TreksandTrails recommends travel to Neral by Karjat local by the recommended train timings:
Participation confirmation only via confirmed bank transfer.
Participation contribution is non refundable and NOT transferable.
Telephonic confirmation required to confirm participation.
Remember if you miss this train you miss the trek. We shall travel together as a group.
07:20 Report at Neral railway station
08:00 Introduction, Breakfast in Neral
08:30 Start trek towards Peb Fort,
11:00 Reach on top of Peb Fort.
12:30 Lunch on Peb Fort & explore Fort
14:30 Start descending from fort.
18:00 Reach Neral.
18:00 Disperse at Neral Railway Station.
TreksandTrails recommends things to carry
1. Haversack and sweater/wind cheater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
2. Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
3. Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
4. Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
5. Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
6. Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes.
7. Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
***** Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek. *****
We shall be in Mumbai around 18:00 Hrs (Subjective) The cost of the Trek will be Rs. 500.00 per person.
This includes Transportation from Matheran road to Neral, light morning breakfast, evening tea, Treks and Trails charges if any. TreksandTrails common info for every trek during monsoon season: - Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking. Rains are expected so please double pack your valuables in plastic bags to save them from getting wet. ***No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains. ***
TreksandTrails advisory Note:
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking exploration. Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments. Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking. Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags. Payment made is non refundable and non transferable.
For Registration transfer Rs. 500.00 per person
Disclosures on medical conditions
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )