Chanderi is a majestic massif, 800 metres high, stands out as one approaches Vangani station on the way from Badlapur to Karjat by train.It looks near from Vangani but the better approach road to Chanderi is from Badlapur. Joined to Chanderi by a column, are a group of four pinnacles called Mhasmal. To reach above it takes about 2 and half hour and to the top it takes next 45 minutes.The Chanderi-Mhasmal duo is very prominent and can be seen from far away peaks in the Sahyadris. Trek to Chanderi caves is near Mumbai.
Participants are requested to board to the following train and get in the second compartment towards Mumbai CST end
- 05:18 Mumbai CST
- 05:35 Dadar
- 05:47 Kurla
- 06:14 Thane
- 06:36 Dombivili
- 06:46 Kalyan
- 07:16 Vangani
Treks and Trails itinerary for one day trek to Chanderi (caves) on 27th July 2014
07:20 Assemble at Vangani Railway Station
07:30 General Instructions /Introduction/ Orientations, & Breakfast
08:00 Travel towards Chanderi base,
08:30 Start our trek.
1200 Reach Chanderi caves
13:00 Explore - REST - Lunch - Explore – Photography
14:00 Start descending from the caves.
17:30 Reach base village & move towards Vangani Rail Station.
18:30 Disperse at Vangani Railway Station
Please take return train ticket up to Vangani.
What is included in the tour
- 1 Breakfast
- Transport from Vangani to Base of Chanderi & back to Vangani railway station
What is NOT included in the tour
Anything not mentioned in inclusion list
- Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, Sewing kit, spare shoe laces
- Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
- Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
- Water Bottle (3lts minimum) compulsory
- ** Torch with spare set of batteries, Safety pins.
- Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt.
- Waterproof jacket / raincoat [It may rain]
- Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.)
- **Carry one time meal for the trek. **