History mentions that Bhojraj, a descendant of the Shilahar Dynasty built this fort. Hence it can be assumed that this fort is at least 800 years old. The Portuguese rebuilt this fort after they captured it during their rule. In 1737, Peshwa won this fort during his campaign of the Konkan and in 1818 this fort came under the British rule.
Asherigad One Day Monsoon Trek Event Details
- Asherigad trek difficulty level: Medium
- Asherigad trek base village: Khodkona
- Asherigad fort height: 2000 feet
- Asherigad region: Palghar
- Asherigad trek duration: 2-2.5 hours
- Cost: Rs. 1300/- per person
Asherigad Trek Event Itinerary
05:45 Meeting at Pritam da dhaba, Dadar (East).
06:00 Leave for Asherigad fort trek.
06:30 Pick up at Balasaheb Thackeray Trauma Center, Goregaon (East).
07:00 Pick at Ghodbundar Road, opp. Fountain Hotel.
Breakfast on the way.
09:30 Reach at base village.
09:45 Start ascending.
12:00 Reach on top and explore.
13:00 Start descend.
15:00 Reach at base village and Lunch.
16:00 Start return journey to Mumbai.
20:00 Approx arrival at Dadar.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Dadar to Dadar travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Asherigad Fort Trek | Monsoon Trek from Palghar & Thane
A Monsoon trek to Asherigad Fort, great getaway for people coming to Mumbai. Put on your trek shoes and get ready for TREKKING near Thane & Pahghar!
Asheri Fort / Asheri is a fort located 102 km from Mumbai and 88 km from Thane. It is in Palghar district, of Maharashtra. This fort is an important fort in Palghar district. The fort is located on the hills near Mendhavan Khind on Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway. The base village Khodkona is a very small tribal village. The Fort restoration is done by the local villagers.
Asherigad Fort was built by the Bhojraja of Shilahara dynasty. This fort was captured by Bimb Raja of Mahim (Palghar) from Kolis.
In the 17thcentury, Mughals gain the control of Asherigad fort but it was immediately taken back by Portuguese.
Asherigad is lacated in khodkona village which is on the on the Mumbai -Ahmedabad highway. This fort is in the Thane District.
Asherigad or Asheri Fort is a 510m tall mountain in Palghar Manor region which went into many hands of rulers.
A Complete Guide to Asherigad trek by public transport from Mumbai, great getaway for people coming to Mumbai.
Incoming search terms related to Asherigad Fort: asherigad trek difficulty, asherigad trekshitiz, asherigad history in marathi, asherigad images, kohoj fort, tandulwadi fort, how to reach asherigad from mumbai, trek near palghar