History mentions that Bhojraj, a descendant of the Shilahar Dynasty built this fort. Hence it can be assumed that this fort is at least 800 years old. The Portuguese rebuilt this fort after they captured it during their rule. In 1737, Peshwa won this fort during his campaign of the Konkan and in 1818 this fort came under the British rule.
Asherigad One Day Monsoon Trek Event Details
- Asherigad trek difficulty level: Medium
- Asherigad trek base village: Khodkona
- Asherigad fort height: 2000 feet
- Asherigad region: Palghar
- Asherigad trek duration: 2-2.5 hours
Cost for Asherigad Trek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 650/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1300/- per person
Asherigad Trek Event Itinerary
05:45 Meet us at Grand Mama's Cafe, near Kotak ATM, Dadar (east).
06:00 Departure from Dadar in private non-ac bus till base village.
06:15 Pick up at Kala Nagar WEH Bus Stop, Bandra.
06:25 Pick up WEH Metro Station Bus Stop, Andheri.
06:35 Pick up at Pathanwadi Oberoi Mall, Goregaon.
06:50 Pick up at Omkareshwar temple / National park bus stop, Borivali.
07:05 Pick up at Kashimara Police Chowki,
07:10 Pick up at Fountain Hotel, Ghodbundar (Suitable for people coming from THANE)
07:30 Meet us ta Virar Phata (those who are travelling by own transport)
Breakfast on the way.
08:30 Reach at base village.
08:45 Start ascending.
11:00 Reach on top and explore.
12:00 Start descend.
14:00 Reach at base village and Lunch.
15:00 Start return journey to Mumbai.
19:00 Approx arrival at Dadar.
- Those who are coming by their own vehicle, please follow all covid-19 safety guideline and reach at base village on time.
- Due to above issue, if you come late or unable to come, will not provide any refund.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Dadar to Dadar travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
TREKS AND TRAILS EVENTS RULES
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Asherigad Fort Trek | Monsoon Trek from Palghar & Thane
A Monsoon trek to Asherigad Fort, a great getaway for people coming to Mumbai. Put on your trek shoes and get ready for TREKKING near Thane & Palghar!
Asheri Fort / Asheri is a fort located 102 km from Mumbai and 88 km from Thane. It is in Palghar district, of Maharashtra. This fort is an important fort in Palghar district. The fort is located on the hills near Mendhavan Khind on Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway. The base village Khodkona is a very small tribal village. The Fort restoration is done by the local villagers.
Asherigad Fort was built by the Bhojraja of Shilahara dynasty. This fort was captured by Bimb Raja of Mahim (Palghar) from Kolis. In the 17thcentury, Mughals gain the control of Asherigad fort but it was immediately taken back by Portuguese. Asherigad is located in Khodkona village which is on the Mumbai -Ahmedabad highway. This fort is in the Thane District.
Asherigad or Asheri Fort is a 510m tall mountain in Palghar Manor region which went into many hands of rulers. A Complete Guide to Asherigad trek by public transport from Mumbai, a great getaway for people coming to Mumbai.
Why should you join Treks and Trails? Are you looking for a safe trekking experience?
We are an experienced, all-inclusive trekking company with curated routes and safe treks for solo women travelers. We offer group discounts and have been featured in all the leading newspapers. Join us on our next Mumbai to Mumbai Trek!
You'll be able to explore remote villages, meet new people, and enjoy the beauty of India's countryside without any worries about safety or security. Our team is here to make your journey as enjoyable as possible so you can focus on what matters most - enjoying yourself!
Are you looking for a new experience?
Asherigad Fort Trek is the perfect trekking destination for beginners. It's easy and not too strenuous, so it's suitable for all ages and fitness levels. You'll get to see some of the most beautiful forests near Mumbai, explore caves, climb up a rock-cut step or two, and enjoy the foggy weather that only monsoon season can bring!
We know you're going to love this trek as much as we do. So come on out with us today and have an incredible time exploring one of Mumbai's hidden treasures! If this sounds like something you're interested in, click on this bio link for more information about the trek! We can't wait to hear from you soon.
Incoming search terms related to Asherigad Fort: Asherigad trek difficulty, Asherigad trekshitiz, Asherigad history in Marathi, Asherigad images, Kohoj fort, Tandulwadi fort, how to reach Asherigad from Mumbai, trek near Palghar