Treks and Trails India - Trek to Naneghat near Mumbai
On 26 August, we embarked on our first trek with TreksandTrails . We boarded the tata winger from Bandra and reached Naneghat trek starting point at around 10.00 am. Naneghat is located in Maharashtra.
It was a wonderful beginning as we walked thru the forest we spotted birds such as: Drongo - Wind-swift - Common Bulbul - Maina - Shikra.
We also meet our other wigged friends the butterflies Sailor butterfly - Bush Brown butterfly - Crow butterfly - And the common yellow grass butterfly.
Batches for Naneghat
23rd 24th June 2018 -
30th 1st July 2018 -
7th 8th July 2018 -
14th 15th July 2018 -
Trek Near Mumbai
Naneghat is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range near Junnar in Pune district of Maharashtra, India. During the reign of the Satavahana, the pass was extensively used as a trade route between Kalyan and Junnar. The name means "coin" and ghat means "pass". As this path was used as a toll booth to collect toll from traders crossing the hills. From the inscriptions in the caves indicate that Satavahana dynasty ruled here. Also the Mauryan empire.
Few inscriptions in the cave mention the names of their family members. Thou the carving are in runis now - some of the visible inscription tell us the time, achievements and stories of valour frozen in time. These records have helped historians to establish the historical past of this region.
We can approach Naneghat via Viashakhare or via Dahndya
Naneghat Type: Pass
Naneghat District: Thane
Naneghat Height: 2750 ft
Naneghat Base Village: Viashakhare from Mumbai. Ghatghar from Pune.
Naneghat Region: Malshej
Naneghat Places of Interest: A few beautiful rock caves, a huge toll collection pot. Nanacha Angtha
Naneghat Difficulty: Medium
Water availability: Take sufficient quantity of water with you – water tanks are polluted
Combined Trek option suggested option: Naneghat ~ Jivdan ~ Chavand ~ Shivneri
Best time to Trek: June to December
Food availability: Carry pack lunch or ready to eat plumb cake.
Naneghat Nearby Forts: Jivdan 3754ft, Kukadeshwar/ Chavand 3495ft
Trek-o-meter: About 3 hrs climbing. Naneghat Trek difficulty depends on you.
Distance from Pune to Naneghat base : 130 km approx 4 hours of driving
Distance from Mumbai to Naneghat base : 135 km approx 4 hours of driving.
The trek was simple yet tedious walk and for some of us it was our first trek. We reached the top at around 12:30pm. The in one of the caves we had some light food that we had brought from home. It felt like heaven as all needed a good boost of energy. Post lunch we took a walk on the plateau till the highest point at Naneghat. We also saw the huge pot used in those days to collect toll. The trek route was all so very green with the rocks covered by wild fern (maidenhair and moss) we also saw some wild flowers like coxcomb, wild stage etc. We trekked our walk back, on the way back we collected 2kgs of plastic waste in an effort to clean the trek route. Thou there was still a lot can be done here. I am positive that we enjoyed every effort with a refreshing trek.
Leaving Naneghat with an urge for a new trek again.
Upcoming Events This Week
Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 / 9764461419 / 9867046166
1. Prabalmachi Camping - Learn More - https://goo.gl/gjmCVD- Rs 1200.00 per person
One Day Trek - Easy Treks
1. Karnala Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/1LFDAr - Rs 800 per person
2. Karnala Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/1LFDAr - Rs 800 per person
3. Lohagad Fort Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/kteP6R - Rs 800.00 per person
4. Visapur Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/dtTsPd - Rs 800.00 per person
5. Kothaligad Trek - Peth Trek - on 24th June 2018 Learn More - https://goo.gl/qcRrJT - Rs 900.00 per person
6. Tikona Fort Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/n7Ji18 - Rs 1000.00 per person
One Night One Day Treks - Medium Grade
1. Rajmachi & Kondhane Caves Overnight Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/ErjCgh - Rs 1600.00 per person.
2. Naneghat Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/QDzLBc - Rs 1200.00 per person.
3. Korigad Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/CdE2tx - Rs 1300.00 per person.
4. Andharban Trek from Mumbai - Learn More https://goo.gl/7CUfPs - Rs 1300.00 per person.
5. Kalsubai Trek - Learn More - https://goo.gl/gi99q2- Rs 1300.00 per person.
1. Andharban Trek from Pune - Learn More - https://goo.gl/doiJwd - Rs 1200.00 per person.
2. Kalsubai Trek from Pune - Learn More - https://goo.gl/Kv2693 - Rs 1300.00 per person.
Whatsapp Updates / Email Updates
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9