About Nanemachi Waterfall Trek
Nanemachi Waterfalls is one of the best waterfalls in Maharashtra. This waterfall is located at a distance a few kilometers from Mahad. Nanemachi Waterfalls is a natural attraction inside a dense forest. You can feel the extraordinary energy of reaching this beautiful waterfall. The place is famous for its blue water that flows inside the waterfall. It has a depth of about 400 feet and is well hidden. It is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. Nanemachi waterfall pool glows in different shades of color throughout the day, which adds to its majestic beauty.
Experience nature in its purest form. The Nanemachi waterfall trek is a waterfall discovery tour that gives you a glimpse of mother nature. It’s an incredible waterfall hidden within the dense green forests of Raigad District. Book your waterfall hike here
Nanemachi Waterfall Trek from Pune - click here
Nanemachi Waterfall Trek Details:
- Nanemachi Waterfall Height - 410 feet
- Nanemachi Waterfall Trek Location:- Raigad District, Mahad, Maharashtra
- Nanemachi Waterfall Trek Distance: 3 to 4 km
- Nanemachi Waterfall Trek Grade - Easy Grade
- Nanemachi Trek Endurance Level required - East to Medium Level
- Trekking Route: Dense Forest Trail
- Nanemachi photos: available in the photo gallery
- Time required for the Waterfall hike: One hour from Parking
- Best Time for Nanemachi Waterfall Trek: Monsoon Season
- nearest railway station to Nanemachi waterfall is Veer & Sape Wamne ( near Mahad )
- Nanemachi distance from Pune: 175 kilometres
- Nanemachi distance from Mumbai: : 240 kilometres
- Trek Cost: Rs. 1649/- per person
Receive a trekking E-certificate on completion of the Nanemachi Waterfall Trek
Nanemachi Waterfall Trek Upcoming Batches
September: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
October: 7, 14, 21, 28
Nanemachi Waterfalls Trek Itinerary
Day Zero (Saturday) - Meet our experienced trek guide
- 09:45 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate. (https://goo.gl/maps/65qVB7H4swdFjjWs6)
- 10:00 pm - Leave for the trek.
- 10:10 pm – Pick up at Virwani Bus Stop, Goregaon. (https://goo.gl/maps/youofNYahBSwqsms8)
- 10:30 pm - Pick up at Gundavali Bus Stop, Andheri East. (https://goo.gl/maps/gorbeX9fencdiqfh8)
- 10:45 pm - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop, Bandra. (https://goo.gl/maps/CAsqYFeK8aTRBk9B7)
- 11:00 pm - Pick up at Sion station circle. (https://goo.gl/maps/96zHLvMh8k2X2bWU9)
- 11:15 pm - Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur. (https://goo.gl/maps/y2rbSdA3VyMhoudC7)
- 11:45 pm - Pick up at Vashi Plaza. (https://goo.gl/maps/uY6ZEs9hyiviHfKQ9)
- 12:05 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli. (https://goo.gl/maps/EJksuJiNC8uVFaoM7)
Day One (Sunday)
05:00 am - Reach the base village.
05:30 am - Have breakfast and tea
07:00 am - Group introduction and Trek brief & Trek starts to the 400 feet of Nanemachi waterfall
08:00 am - Reach the waterfall, enjoy the fantastic views from the bottom, and reverse the waterfall if windy.
10:00 am - Start return trek to the base village parking.
11:00 am - Reach base village & freshen up.
11:30 am - Have local Lunch.
01:00 pm - Leave for Mumbai
08:00 pm - Approx. arrival time at Mumbai depending on traffic and road conditions.
How to book?
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your departure date and click on pay and book button.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out your personal details and proceed with reviews & payment.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive confirmation via email. (Please provide valid email id)
- A WhatsApp group link will be sent to your WhatsApp number 8 hours prior to the departure. (Please provide WhatsApp number while booking)
- Event Details and Trek Leaders details will be shared on that WhatsApp group only.
Best time to visit Nanemachi Waterfal
The best time to visit Nanemachi Waterfall is during the monsoon season, from June to September. The heavy rainfall during this time makes the waterfall look magnificent with a breathtaking surge of water flow. The lush greenery adds to its beauty, creating a picturesque scene. Be cautious of slippery and challenging conditions and prioritize safety by checking with local authorities or experienced trekkers before planning your visit to this splendid natural wonder.
How to reach Nanemachi waterfall from Mumbai and Pune
To reach Nanemachi Waterfall:
Distance: About 240 kilometers from Mumbai.
Reach Mahad, the nearest big city with good transportation options.
Hire a local rickshaw or taxi to reach the waterfall's base village, around 25 kilometers from Mahad.
Distance: About 175 kilometers from Pune.
Travel to Mahad via Bhor Ghat and Varandha Ghat.
From Mahad, hire a local rickshaw or taxi to reach the base village, around 25 kilometers away.
Location of Nanemachi Waterfall:
Found in the Mahad Taluka of Raigad district in Maharashtra, India.
Why choose Treks and Trails for Nanemachi Waterfall Trek?
- We were preferred by over 20000 trekkers last year with a 4.7 review rating of 5.
- We equip one trek leader for every ten trekkers.
- Female trek leader on each trek
- Provide an E-certificate on successful completion of the trek. Valid for a lifetime with 99.9 percent availability online.
- E-certificate is tamper-proof and shareable on social media and leading networking websites.
- The roadmap includes adventure insurance for every trekker and trek leader for all our treks.
- We self-operate our treks
- Group discounts available
Nanemachi Waterfall Trek Safety Advisory
- Please wear proper trekking shoes, as the route is slippery
- Swimming is not allowed in the Dam or Waterfall
- Stream crossing, please follow trek leader instructions
- Stay visible trekkers are not allowed to go out of sight of Trek guides
If you wrongly booked for different date or batch. And you want to change date within 3 days of departure, then transfer charges will be applied which will be Rs. 200/- per person.
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Mumbai travel in private Ac vehicle
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Trek Leader expertise and Basic First Aid
What is NOT included in the tour
- Entry fee for foreign nationals
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield (must)
- Sanitizer (must)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Monsoon Precaution and Safety
- Kindly carry dry bag or plastic bags for dry clothes, wallet, money, camera, phone, gadgets
- Bag or Backpack with rain cover
- Wear Good Trekking shoes with good grip ( campus trekking shoes )
- Use Odmos or other repellents to keep bugs and mosquitoes away
- Wear only full sleeves / cap / full pants / dark coloured clothes
- Keep handy information on nearest railway station/bus stop/taxi stand
- Listen to Trek leader and always stay in the group
- Inform Family / Friends about where about
- Avoid taking selfies near risky places
- listening to music on earphones or speakers.
TREKS AND TRAILS EVENTS RULES
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Do you have washrooms available during the Nanemachi Waterfall trek?
Sorry trekking routes in Maharashtra do not have washrooms available. Please note it is a new trek. We will stop at a villagers house he will have few simple Indian style toilets. Washbasin will not be available.
Is Parking available at the base village?
There is no assigned parking spot, locals might ask for a parking fee, owners will have to park cars at their own risk.
Are there chances of reaching late to Mumbai after the trek?
Yes, the bus reaches late sometimes, road conditions are bad causing bus breakdown, puncture sometimes. Lousy weather and Bad road can also cause traffic and lead to delays. If the bus reaches late, Treks and Trails will not be liable to pay for any refunds, ola, uber, taxi charges. The bus may also start with delays sometimes as there is a lot of traffic due to going metro and bridges construction in Mumbai.
Do you provide Jain food available on this trek?
Jain food is available; please mention during the time booking in comments or by calling us regarding your Jain food requirements.
Nanemachi Waterfall Distance from Mumbai?
Nanemachi Waterfall distance is 240 kilometres from Mumbai. It will take six to seven to cover this distance. Bus will take one scheduled stop for snacks and toilet break. Please note we cannot guarantee quality of food or toilets on the road as few restaurants open at night on the highway due to covid guidelines.
How tall is the Nanemachi waterfall trek?
The Nanemachi Waterfall trek is 400 feet tall and located in the dense jungles of Maharashtra's Raigad district. It attracts tourists and locals with its beautiful surroundings of greenery and clear blue water.
How difficult is the Nanemachi waterfall trek?
The Nanemachi waterfall trek is considered easy, it takes approximately one hour to reach the waterfall from the base village. However, during the monsoon season, the trail can become moderately difficult due to slippery conditions. To ensure safety, it's recommended to wear appropriate trekking shoes with good grip to prevent slips and falls.
How to trek with kids during a trek?
Trekking with kids can be a fantastic family adventure! Here are some tips to make it a great experience: Choose trails suitable for their age and abilities. Pack plenty of snacks, water, and their favorite treats to keep their energy up. Encourage them to explore and appreciate nature along the way. Take regular breaks for rest and games. Ensure they have comfortable shoes and dress in layers for the changing weather. Embrace the adventure together and create lasting memories. Have fun!
Which trek do you recommend for kids around Mumbai?
For kid-friendly treks near Mumbai, there are several options to choose from. Sondai, Karnala, and Lohagad offer scenic trails with moderate difficulty suitable for children. Prabalmachi, Matheran, and Korigad provide a mix of nature and historical exploration. Jambulmal and One Tree Hill are ideal for shorter treks with beautiful views. Dodhani Village in Matheran is another excellent choice for a family-friendly trek. Each of these destinations offers a unique experience and a chance for kids to connect with nature while enjoying the outdoors.
Kids trek near Mumbai - click here
Is it safe to go on a trek during monsoon in Maharashtra?
Trekking in Maharashtra during the monsoon season can be safe if proper precautions are taken. It is critical to choose well-maintained trails, listen to experienced guides, and stay up to date on weather conditions. Avoid going into unsafe regions or attempting dangerous river crossings. Always prioritise safety and be ready for slippery terrain and unpredictable weather.
How to protect your gadgets in monsoon trek
To protect your gadgets during a monsoon trek, take essential precautions. Invest in waterproof covers or cases for your gadgets and use a dry bag or waterproof pouch to store them when not in use. Ziplock bags can provide additional protection. Place silica gel packs in your bags to absorb moisture. Use umbrellas or rain covers to shield your gadgets from rain. Avoid submerging them in water and consider backing up your data regularly. Carry power banks or extra batteries for backup power. Being cautious will help ensure the safety of your gadgets in wet conditions.
What should I pack for a monsoon trek in Maharashtra?
Pack essential items such as a waterproof backpack, rainproof jacket, quick-drying clothing, extra pairs of socks, trekking shoes with good grip, insect repellent, a waterproof cover for electronic devices, and a first aid kit. Carry enough water and energy snacks as well.
Are leeches a problem during monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Yes, leeches can be encountered during monsoon treks in Maharashtra, especially in forested areas. To protect yourself, wear long socks, tuck your pants into your socks, and apply insect repellent on your legs. Carry a salt or lime solution to detach leeches if they attach to your skin.
What are some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra include Harishchandragad, Rajmachi, Andharban, Kalsubai, Bhimashankar, Tikona Fort, Torna Fort, Ratangad, Naneghat, and Visapur Fort. These treks offer scenic beauty and a unique experience during the monsoon season.
Why should you join Treks and Trails? Are you looking for a safe trekking experience?
We are an experienced, all-inclusive trekking company with curated routes and safe treks for solo women travelers. We offer group discounts and have been featured in all the leading newspapers. Join us on our next Mumbai to Mumbai Trek!
You'll be able to explore remote villages, meet new people, and enjoy the beauty of India's countryside without any worries about safety or security. Our team is here to make your journey as enjoyable as possible so you can focus on what matters most - enjoying yourself!
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at email@example.com
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )